Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What a Day!

On Thursday morning, bright and early, Amber and I loaded up the kiddos and ALL of our stuff to head to Missouri. Amber's brother was getting married on Saturday so the plan was for her to ride up there with us. She had to get back on Sunday, so she was going to fly home Sunday morning. That was the plan! We left TX around 5 a.m. and got to MO around 3 p.m. Ebby Lee and Nixon could not have done ANY better. They were awesome!! This picture is out of order....this is Nixon at VBS on Thursday night.
Ebby Lee ready to get to T-Nonna's house!

SOOO ready to get there. We took a picture of Amber, but I promised not to post it. Poor Nixon was flipped around the other way so we didn't get an on-the-road picture of him.
Thursday night: It was VBS at my mom's church, so we decided to join in on the fun.
She was a big fan of snack time. She also enjoyed playing with the toys in the room. The craft for the night was using markers (PERMANENT markers) to decorate a beach ball. Ebby Lee's mama made her bow out of the decorating part of that craft! She had no clue the beach ball was supposed to be decorated. She was super excited about the beach ball itself.

Enjoying snack time...all in all it was a success!

This picture is for Shay. I hope you blow this up and really look closely at this dog. This is probably part of the reason that I don't like dogs. This dog was sitting RIGHT outside the church. It had a nasty dirt mixture ALL over it's body mixed with beggar lice (I don't know how to spell that) and it looked like it was trying to like shed some of it's coat. It was DISGUSTING looking! I HOPE you can see it in the picture. This is probably how most dogs look in Zalma. These are the types of dogs I was around as a child. That might have something to do with my dislike, right? The second I saw that dog I knew I had to take a picture!! Hope you enjoy, Shay!

Friday night was the last night of VBS. We went to visit more family, but my mom picked this up from Ebby Lee's class. They must have thought she did excellent on Thursday night? ha!

1 comments:

The Shull Family said...

That poor dog! All it needed was a nice place to call home and people to love it. Why didn't you take it home with you :)? One of these days, Whitney and I are going to buy your poor children a dog. Love!