Sunday, December 12, 2010

PJ Party & the Christmas Journey...

My sweet LOVES
On Friday night, Tab and several other husbands were working at our church's Christmas Journey. I invited some mamas and their kiddos to have dinner at our house. Then we loaded up ALL the babies to drive through the Christmas Journey. We had so much fun!!
Group pic...we thought it would be fun to have them wear some Christmas pj's.

Perfect pic...everyone's looking at the camera.
I have to document this. When we got to the church, we consolidated cars and kind of let the kids run amuck out of their car seats. (B/c we were just driving through the church parking lot) Anyway, Sarah and Rachel loaded up in our car with Jackson and Molly. That very day Nixon's new car seat had come in. Tab (as he was running out the door to head to church) quickly put the seat in for me. I forgot to mention that even though it's his "big boy" seat, he still has to face backwards. When I got out to the truck, his seat was forward. I am REALLY bad at putting the car seats in. I can do it, but for some reason it takes me like 15 minutes. So, I thought that he'd be fine for a quick drive to church and back. Plus...I thought he'd LOVE it. I'm not exaggerating when I say that Nixon Slaughter cried the moment I put him in his car seat until we got home!!! He hated it. He hated the new seat. He hated facing forward. He hated having lots of 1 year olds playing in his car. He hated it all!! Poor Rachel and Sarah!! They picked the WRONG car! I heard that Shay and Andrea had a nice relaxing time. All that to say, we had a great time!

3 comments:

Sheaffer, Chris, Scout, and baby Carter said...

Oh my goodness! LOVE the pic of all the kids in their pjs. I couldn't help but think that if that same group of moms get together next year, there will be 3 more kids on that couch. That would be 10 kids!!!!! Thank heavens I'm doing my part to keep the kid population down. :)

The Shull Family said...

Two comments: 1. Sheaffer's comment is hilarious! and 2. I was smart offering to take the oldest child (Luke) with me in my car...that wasn't an accident :)

The New Family said...

We had a blast Erika! Thanks again!!