Thursday, July 5, 2012

Grand Finale is a ....

 Last week, we went to the doctor to find out the sex of the baby.  I asked each kiddo what they thought the baby would be and then dressed them in that color.  Ebby Lee and Nixon both said "girl".  Were they right?
 Daddy said, "boy".
I said, "no clue"...so I wore every color under the rainbow!  Let me just say that after 10 minutes of searching my doctor said that the ankles were crossed AND the umbilical cord was between the legs so he couldn't tell!!  What??  I pleaded with him to cancel the rest of his patients for the day and stay in this room with me until the baby moved.  We finally came to an agreement that I'd come back later in the afternoon and we'd try again.  So...I sent text messages/calls to all my friends/family telling them that we didn't know yet!  So annoying!  No matter what this Slaughter Baby is boy or girl...it's going to be stubborn!!  Ugh!  Just what I need.  So...Marla came over to babysit so I didn't have to wake the other two from their slumber.  After another 15 minutes of searching my doctor finally said...

It's a BOY!

What a bonus this baby is!  With one of each, we really didn't have super strong opinions either way.  However, it took Ebby Lee the entire evening to come to the conclusion that it was in fact a boy and not a girl.  She had her little heart set on a sister.  The entire family is excited now!  We're still in negotiations over this sweet guy's name.  We have 22 weeks to come up with something fabulous!  :)

4 comments:

brandonandmandycox said...

WOO! Boys are sweet! :)

Haley Bishop said...

SO excited for your family!

Shea said...

Two boys to melt Mama's heart! And if you think like us, two future football players! Fun!!!

rackersfamily said...

Congratulations!! I was wondering when you would find out!! Two sweet boys!! and brothers! How fun!