Saturday, December 1, 2012

Bowen's Big Day...

 We checked in bright and early at 7:30.  Ready to meet the Lil' Guy!
At 8:30, the nurse checked me right before she started the pitocin and I was a 4!!  HUGE!  Considering the week before I was nothing!  She started the pitocin and then Dr. Riegel came right in to break my water.  He checked to and I was already a 5!  The competitive spirit hit me and I told them I wanted to beat Nixon's time of 12:10 for delivery...ha!  It made it a little more fun right?  I got my epidural around 9:15...not because I was in pain, but because I wanted to be chilled and relaxed.  It worked!  Tab and I hung out and watched tv.  My parents got there around 10 after dropping the kiddos off at school.  The nurse checked again and I was a 7 at about 11.  So...about 11:30 the guys went to get some lunch at the cafe in the hospital.  Mom and I started watching Young & the Restless...ha!  Just keeping it real!  The nurse came in 2 seconds later and checked me.  I was a 10 and ready to push!!  We quickly called the boys and they came back up quickly (with food in hand?).  We were anxiously awaiting the arrival of Dr. Riegel so we could start pushing and beat Nixon's time!!  He got there at about 11:55 and
Bowen Hency Slaughter
arrived at 12:00 weighing 8 pounds, 3 ounces and 19 1/4 inches long
 Daddy took lots of pictures (but most of them involved Bowen before he was cleaned up so I spared you).  Bowen's first bottle.
 The second he was born Tab said, "Erika, he looks JUST like Nixon!".  I know things could change, but so far...he looks SO MUCH like his older brother!

 A little snuggle time with Mommy!
 T-Nonnie (his eyes are open!!)
 My parents brought the kiddos up right after school and they were SO excited!!  Ebby Lee was ready to hold him ASAP!!  She did great!  Nixon preferred to look and touch.
 Ha ha!!  It's going to be so difficult to get pics with 3 kids looking and smiling!!  Nixon didn't want to look up.  Tab told him to look and Nixon's response, "Bowen's not looking at the camera."  WHAT??  He's like 2 hours old and already being tattled on!!  Welcome to life with 3, I guess!
 Ms. Shay came to see Baby Bowen.
 Sweet Mackey
 Ms. Whitney was there too! 
 Mr. Scooter came and showed up with COOKIES!!  And..Ms. Sarah came too, but somehow we forgot to take her picture!!  So sorry, Sarah!!
 The nurse came in and gave him his first wet wipe bath.
 And...she washed his hair.
 Ms. Vicki (who I teach preschool with) and her husband came to visit.
 M got to snuggle.
 Andrew (who is partially pictured) brought these sweet kiddos up.  Kensington and Smith wanted to admire from afar.  But...they both told me when they saw him next, they'd hold him!
G got in some snuggle time too.
Bowen is not lacking in the love department!!  We are so thankful for all the calls, texts, and visits from people checking on us!  We have the best friends/family!!  Bowen had an awesome first day! We are so thankful for him and the perfect addition he is to our family!


Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Awwwwwwwww! LOVE the pic of you and all 3 of your kids! CRAZY! Can't wait to meet that little fella!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

I'm not gonna lie - I totally cried while reading this. hahaha :) I'm a hormonal mess! Anyway, I love that Nixon tattled on him within 2 minutes and that picture of you with all of them is the most precious thing ever. Congrats on your sweet new addition - can't wait to meet him!
:) Andrea
P.S. - How weird is it that Nixon is an OLDER brother?!?!?! CRAZY!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Such sweet pictures of Bowen! I am so happy he's finally here! And he does look just like sweet Nixon! Your sweet family is complete! (Except for a dog...)