Friday, August 30, 2013

I Got Pin-spired!!


I love reading Shay, Sheaffer, and Mel's posts every month.  I decided this month that I'd join in the fun!  I'm linking up with Shay, Sheaffer, and Mel to show an inspiration picture I found on Pinterest and how I turned it into a real-live outfit!

Here was the inspiration:
I think this necklace is too bulky with the denim shirt, but I loved the colors they used.  So...I tried to recreate it with things I had in my closet.  

First of all, let me say that it is HARD to take pictures of yourself and even harder to get your four-year-old to take a good picture!
Super dark...but I chose a denim shirt, turquoise necklace, gold earrings, long white tank, and coral shorts.
I realized one very important thing while I was taking these pictures.  I NEED A FULL LENGTH MIRROR IN MY HOUSE??  I tried a selfie and it worked (kind of??).  I actually think my picture looks a lot like Sheaffer's pics??  :) Another thing I noticed...HOW MANY GRAY AND YELLOW CHEVRON RUGS DO I HAVE??  
This picture shows the outfit a little better.  I loved the look!  It was a great transition from summer to fall.  I would have loved it even more if it wouldn't have been 102 degrees BUT I thought it was the perfect late August outfit.

Thanks so much Pinterest for inspiring me!!

6 comments:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Erika! Your look is SO cute! And you totally nailed your selfie!!!!!! Love it. :) And love you!

Samantha said...

So cute! Dropping by from Pinspired.

Rachel said...

Erika, I love this outfit on you! It looks like the perfect transition to fall in Texas :)
www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

Mix and Match Mama said...

You nailed that look!! And Ebby Lee nailed that photo too :). Thank you so much for linking up!!!

Jen Pogue said...

Erika! How have I missed that you have a blog? Your outfit is so cute! I love the denim shirt and pink shorts combo.

mel @ the larson lingo said...

LOVE your outfit. (and your rugs!) So, so, cute! Thanks for linking up with us!