Friday, September 13, 2013

5 on Friday

I read a friend's (from college) blog and she links up to this every Friday.  It's so random, but always so fun to read about 5 things she's thinking about, looking forward to, etc.  Just any five things basically, so I thought I'd give it a try...
 Up until this summer I HATED coffee.  I thought it was so bland and ugh!  But...I really tried to like it this summer (I have no clue why??  Maybe b/c all my friends were doing it.  Peer pressure when you're 30?).  It's taken me a while and I still have SO far to go.  But I'd say for the last two weeks I've had a small cup of coffee every morning.  I'm NOT going to mention the amount of creamer or Splenda I dump into my cup.  I just told Tab yesterday that I prefer to make my coffee at home because then I can dump in lots of creamer.  At Starbucks the other day, they let me down.  It was a little too coffeeish if you know what I mean???  See...I still have a long way to go.  Baby steps!!

 Football season is here and in full swing!!  Doesn't that picture make you want to go to a game??  I'm not an Alabama fan, but I thought this picture was so good!  Even though my hubby is gone a LOT during football season...I love this time of year!!   I love having football on at our house.  And...I try to plan really fun stuff with the kiddos while he's gone.  

 New Wednesday night bible studies at our church have started and the group I'm in is doing this book.  I've only read two chapters, but I'm already feeling so convicted.  I think it's going to be a great study and I'll learn A LOT!!
 Leftovers!!  ha!  Sometimes on a weekend when Tab's gone, I'll eat random-whatever (for instance, last weekend...I had pizza three days in a row.  EEK!  Not good!) just so I don't have to cook.  But...this weekend the refrigerator is full of LEFTOVERS!!  Which means actual food to eat all weekend.  Yay!!

Super excited about getting to spend lots of time with these kiddos!!  We have a fun night planned.  Game night, popcorn, AND a movie!!


Mix and Match Mama said...

I need to be with you at Starbucks when you order. I probably should be ordering for you! I feel kind of proud that I am one of the people peer pressuring of these days, you'll thank me for this addiction :).

Narci D said...

Yes, I second the coffee addiction! Sounds like a fun night tonight--enjoy those sweet babies! :)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Erika...say it with me...salted caramel mocha frappacino. It's delightful! This is what my coffee consumption consists of: certain frappacinos at Starbucks and Cappacino Chunky Chocolatefrozen yogurt at Braum's. Life changing. Oh...and Chris might be going out of town next weekend...I see a playdate in our future...and I'm hoping it involves tacos. :)

Elaine~ Honey Pie Accessories said...

I'm not a coffee drinker either! Tuesday I drove through Starbucks just to get a Pumpkin Spice Latte because everyone rants and raves over it! It was just ok, but not enough pumpkin for me! I've not made Gretchen's necklaces; I thought I wanted to start, but I have too many other products! I found a facebook page: LG's Chunky Necklaces
and get most of them from her, because she's the most reasonably priced that I found! Most of her necklaces are around 12-15.00. But, the football necklaces, I was disappointed in. I asked for a bling football and got a thick cardboard football with little fake bling spots.... so I removed it, and purchased the football drops from a seller on Etsy (you can find anything on their) and added the blinged out football myself!

Sarah said...

Hi lady! Just hopped over from 5onF and have added you to my dashboard to follow. Your little guy is just a few months older than my Drew and I love finding blogs like that so I can see what's in store for us. :)

Also, wanted to invite you to our link party coming next week. It's one you won't want to miss out on and will be interesting to see how right you were about E, N & B in the future! Details on the blog!

Tab & Erika said...

Shay...Yes! Order for me next time. I need ALL the help I can get.

Sheaffer...sounds GREAT!! Can we do something Friday? Tab gets back early on Saturday. Yay! That'll be fun!

Elaine...that's EXACTLY how I felt!! I was disappointed with my Starbucks drink too! It needed like 3 splendas and a LOT of cream!! ha! Those necklaces are so cute. I'll have to look. Thanks for sending the link.

Sarah...I'm going to check out the details for that linky party. Thanks for looking today!!

Tara G. said...

I can't do coffee. Tea, yes. But coffee has not ever tasted good to me. Kelly Minter also has a great study on idols- No Other Gods. When my husband is gone, our grocery bill is significantly less...a package of chicken will feed us for at least 4 meals! :)

hillary said...

You need a gateway drink...try Tazo chai tea latte! Amazing! It's half milk and half the Tazo latte mix (can buy in the coffee aisle at the grocery store). YUM!