Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Flash Forward Fun

 Sarah at Our Journey invited me to participate in their fun linky party this week.  What an interesting topic!!  It's all about predicting what your children will be like in the future.  I think and pray about this ALL the time, but I guess I've never put it in writing.  Here it goes...

My predictions for Ebby Lee...
      - What will your kid(s) personality be like? She's going to be a typical girl...sensitive and moody, but so loving, caring, and ready to have fun.  She is definitely a "follow the rules" type of kid.  She will push the limits at home, but for the most part, at school/church/gym she does not break a rule.


     - What will their likes/dislikes in food, entertainment, books, etc be?  She love love loves fruit right now, so I think she'll continue that.  She will not like pasta.  That is her LEAST favorite meal ever right now!!  She loves all girly things...princess movies, any type of holiday books, LOVES the Jesus Storybook Bible.

     - What will they do for a living or be studying to be? First and foremost...I pray that no matter what she's doing she's a follower of Christ.  I pray that she lives her life (no matter what she chooses to do for a living) for HIM.  Right now, she says she wants to be a vet.  I don't really think that'll happen.  My guess is a nurse, dentist, doctor, dental hygienist.  But...then again, we talk about shots ALL the time because she is NOT a fan!  So...maybe not something in the medical field??  Ha!

     - How many kids, if any, do you think they'll have?  Right now she says 2.  I think she thinks we have too many kids.  :)  

     - Will they choose to plant their roots near their hometown or branch out?  I HOPE she stays close to her Mama!!

     - Tattoo's? Piercings?  Pierced ears because she's ALREADY asking.  :)

     - Risk taker or go-with-the-flow type?  She is my planner.  She can be a bit of a risk taker, but she won't be a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants type.

     - Go ahead and predict their height and weight of their 18th birthday!  I think she'll be 5'7" and I have NO clue how much she'll weigh??  I was just going with how tall I was?  I don't remember how much I weighed at 18. Remember my post last week about my "freshman fifteen"??

     - What do you want for them?  I want her to live her life for Christ.  I want her to love HIM, know HIM, and show HIS love to other people everyday of her life.  


Predictions for Nixon...
      - What will your kid(s) personality be like? Nixon is my funny funny kid!!  He'll be personable, charming, and someone who can have a fun conversation with anyone.  


     - What will their likes/dislikes in food, entertainment, books, etc be? He will NOT eat his vegetables when he's older.  He'll be a meat and potatoes kind of guy.  I think he'll be interested in sports.  I have no clue about books?  I'm hoping for the Bible!!  :)

     - What will they do for a living or be studying to be? Again...First and foremost...I pray that no matter what he's doing he's a follower of Christ.  I pray that he lives his life (no matter what he chooses to do for a living) for HIM.  I think Nixon will be in sales or something similar.  

     - How many kids, if any, do you think they'll have?  Nixon will have a bunch.  He'll want it to be a fun party at his house all the time.  :)  ha!

     - Will they choose to plant their roots near their hometown or branch out?  Again, I hope he stays close just for selfish reasons, but who knows what the Lord has in store?

     - Tattoo's? Piercings?  None?

     - Risk taker or go-with-the-flow type?  Nixon will be my risk-taker.  He still likes to have a plan, but he'll put himself out there.

     - Go ahead and predict their height and weight of their 18th birthday!  I have NO clue??

     - What do you want for them? I want him to live his life for Christ.  I want him to love HIM, know HIM, and show HIS love to other people everyday of his life. 


Predictions for Bowen...
     - What will your kid(s) personality be like? This is SO hard to say because he's SO much younger than his brother and sister!!  But...I'll guess.  He's going to be my easy, get along with anyone, laid back kind of guy.

     - What will their likes/dislikes in food, entertainment, books, etc be? Right now he'll eat ANYTHING!!  So...I'm going to say that he won't be picky in the food department.  If his daddy has anything to do with it, he'll be a big sports fan too.  No clue about book...I'm going to hope he reads...at least his Bible!!  

     - What will they do for a living or be studying to be? Again...First and foremost...I pray that no matter what he's doing he's a follower of Christ.  I pray that he lives his life (no matter what he chooses to do for a living) for HIM. My guess for Bowen is that he'll be in charge of people in whatever kind of job he has...like he'll manage the office, or have some type of job where he manages people.  He'll be good at interacting with people and getting them to get along.  He'll witness many years of me getting his big brother/big sister to get along!  ha!

     - How many kids, if any, do you think they'll have?  2 or 3??  I have NO clue!

     - Will they choose to plant their roots near their hometown or branch out?  Again, I'm saying that he lives close to home!!

     - Tattoo's? Piercings? None
     - Risk taker or go-with-the-flow type?  He'll be super go-with-the-flow and laid back!

     - Go ahead and predict their height and weight of their 18th birthday!  Again...no clue!!

     - What do you want for them? I want him to live his life for Christ.  I want him to love HIM, know HIM, and show HIS love to other people everyday of his life. 

9 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

I love this post! I think you nailed all 3 of your kids' personalities. Such a creative idea (and one you'll be glad to have years from now!).

Sarah said...

Thanks for linking with us today! Your Bowen sounds so much like how Drew was with eating everything and being so laid back! :)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Loved this post too!!!! What a fun thing to do!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

I may have to do this tonight when I get home.... such a fun idea! :)

Stephanie @ Tailgatequeen said...

love the post! great idea!

Steph
Tailgate Queen - gameday dresses

Narci said...

So sweet! I love that Ebby Lee wants to be a vet!

Holly said...

Such cool kid names!!

Laci Murray said...

LoVe this! I always think about what my kids will grow up to be!

Morgan said...

I am going to go ahead and predict that Nix will be 6'8" like his second cousin, because in almost every other thing that you described he sounds just like Ty!! Like Ty, he will be someone who can have a fun conversation with anyone, DOESN'T eat veggies - only meat and potatoes, Sports fanatic, no tattoos, and maybe lots of kids? Haha! (Not sure about that last one since that involves my opinion!) ;)