Monday, September 23, 2013

Our Week

 On Monday we got ready for they gym.  These boys were in RARE form.
 What messes!!!
 After the gym, we played outside.  Ebby Lee takes after Tab when it comes to being artsy.  She LOVES to draw!!  This was a rainbow bumble bee.  :)
 Bowen LOVED being outside and playing with his toys.
 Keepin' it real...tricycle + Nixon + no shorts
 This is what happens when Nixon gets a hold of my camera.  I had approximately 12 selfies JUST LIKE THIS of Nix!!
 Tuesday morning before school...they asked to take a picture in front of the jack-o-lantern.  ha!
 When Tab and I first got married, we had $0 money!!  I remember splurging on that jack-o-lantern at Wal-Mart because I thought we needed at least one fall/Halloween decoration!!  
 Tuesday night was Kensington's Pop-Star Party!  Ebby Lee LOVES getting dressed up!!

 E and the Birthday Girl!!  Such a fun party!  We had a great time celebrating Miss K turning 5!!
 Group Picture
 Thursday before school...Miss E was being SASSY!!!

 This guy was pumped about having Mama ALL to himself for the day!!
 Friday evening we met Sheaffer & Carter at the mall to play, eat, and shop.  We had so much fun meeting up with them. (That little girl photo bombed this pic...I have no clue who that is.)

When I picked E up on Thursday from school, she was SO excited!!!  She got to take Rudy the bear home for the weekend.  It's one of those bears that you take pictures of your kiddo and the bear doing fun stuff while he's in your possession.  (Courtney...if you're reading this...you set the bar WAY too high.  Courtney took the bear to the zoo!!!  What??  Don't worry, I lowered it again. ha! :))  So...that explains ALL the pictures of E with this bear.  We took the bear to the mall, the park, and our house.  That's a fun weekend, right?
 Rudy the Bear...got to experience the mall!!
 We got home in time to watch some of Tab's football game before they went to bed.
 They thought it was SO cool Tab was on t.v....for about 10 seconds.  Then Nixon said, "Can we watch a movie now?"  ha ha ha!!
 Look who's on t.v.!!  I clearly missed the moment!!
 This kid hangs with the big kids and holds his own like he's one of them!!
 Check out Nixon's shirt/stain!!  I asked him what happened while we were at the mall (it was ketchup).  He told me that it was a miracle.  :)  That kid!!
 Sunday...headed to church.  When Bowen sees the camera, he starts smiling!  He is TRAINED!!
 I was SO excited (super understatement) when I woke up to cooler temperatures!!!  We busted out some fallish clothes in the Slaughter house yesterday for church.
 Cracks me up!!  Selfie...Bowen seems to understand what to do even if there isn't anyone BEHIND the camera!!
 After naps we walked to the park.  
 We took strollers for everyone.  The walk to the park is great but the walk back...when everyone's tired and hot is never so great!!  We went prepared!!
 Ebby Lee and Rudy the Bear...headed to the park.
 They played hard!!  Can you tell??  On the way back, we were ALMOST to our house and I asked Ebby Lee if she had the bear.  A look of HORROR flashed across her face.  When we got home, Tab drove E to the park and LUCKILY Rudy was still laying there!!  Whew!!  She's loving every minute of having that bear at our house, but I will be so thankful to take him back to school on Tuesday!!  ha!
Rudy got to snuggle, read books, and watch a little football before bed last night. :)

6 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

What a fun week! I'm so glad we were able to share in it with you :). We love the Slaughters!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

LOVED seeing your kiddos in their cute "Fallish" clothes yesterday and I'm totally disappointed that the pic I took of you yesterday didn't make the cut! :) hehehe

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

SO cute!!!!! Yeah, the bear is cute...but it's time for him to go back to school. Bowen is darling in front of a camera! And Nixon's miracle shirt is hilarious. :)

Elaine~ Honey Pie Accessories said...

That photo bomb picture cracks me up, and i'm so glad you found the bear! Can imagine, going back to school tomorrow explaining that one to the kids!

Megan said...

Is it bad that the first thing I thought when I read about the bear was ALL of the germs that thing must carry?? Anyone else? Ok just me maybe.

Tab & Erika said...

Megan...no, you are not the only one!! Luckily, she was kid #2 to take the bear home and I know the family that was first. Now...if we do this again next semester, I might Lysol that bear down!!