Friday, October 18, 2013

5 on Friday

First things first...I just saw the e-mail from yesterday that says Gap 35% off!!  If you were eyeing a Gap plaid shirt from Wednesday, now's the time to jump.  Just enter GAPFALL when you're checking out.  Happy shopping!!  Here's the link to Wednesday's post.'s a link to shop!

It's Friday!!

This is going to be SUPER random!  Prepare yourself...

These things DRIVE me CRAZY!!!  Just a normal sippy cup without a straw I can handle.  The sippy cup that requires a straw that's another story.  I'm not sure HOW it happens, but I end up with a cabinet FULL of sippy cups missing the little straw piece that goes inside!!  Does this happen to anyone else??  Also...some of them-only a select few-have this weird pressure thing and if I put even a teaspoon of a liquid in the cup, it leaks!  It starts oozing out the top!!  Anybody else have this problem??  I'm on the look out for a fabulous water bottle/sport bottle for my big kids that doesn't have a straw piece.  PLEASE PLEASE share with me if you have any ideas!!  

(I warned was random.)
Papa Murphy's (you know the take-n-bake pizza place) makes these super cute jack-o-lantern pizzas.  My kiddos and I got one last year and it made us all happy.  You should try one!!

I'm participating in Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture Memory Team this year.  My aunt got all of the girls in our family excited about it last year at Christmas so we've been working SUPER hard to memorize a new scripture on the 1st and 15th of every month.  This was my scripture this week on the 15th.  It's definitely been a challenge, but it's great to look back and now have 20 new verses I've memorized this year.  ( keep it real, I actually chose SOME (not too many of those Aunt Rene') old school VBS type verses because every once in a while I needed something EASY!!) :)

You guys know one of my besties, Shay, at Mix & Match Family and Mix & Match Mama.   I made these last weekend and EVERY single one of my family members fell in love.  Bowen all the way to Tab.  They were SO yummy!!  I was at Target yesterday trying to get all the ingredients again and they didn't have spice cake mix??  What??  I grabbed a substitute and need to ask the Mama if it'll work.  :)  You guys need to make!  Trust me!!

Aren't these Mummie Juice Boxes the cutest???  I signed up to take juice boxes to Nixon's Halloween party and we're totally going to make these!!  

Thanks for being a part of my complete randomness today!!  Have a GREAT weekend!


Mix and Match Mama said...

First, I couldn't agree more about your sippy cup dilemma. When you find out a better solution for us, let me know! And second, I'm so glad you liked the muffins! My kiddos love them too! You can substitute with a chocolate cake mix (which is so yummy with pumpkin)or a yellow cake mix and then stir in 2 tablespoons of cinnamon along with it. A carrot cake mix would be yummy too (because it's already full of spices). Enjoy!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

The straw cups drive me STARK RAVING MAD. The dryer eats my socks, and the dishwasher eats my straws. Period. The end.

Rachel said...

How cool that the girls in your family are all memorizing scripture together! Love that idea.
I really like the muffin recipe with yellow cake mix...mmm!

Rychelly said...

Those muffins look crazy good! The mummy juice boxes are super cute!

Ashley @ Words About Waverly said...

Oh my we totally have sippy cup issues at our house! The straws totally drive me crazy, haha! Enjoy your weekend!

elise @ cheers yall said...

hey girl!! your kiddos are so cute. and so are you!! precious. found you on the linkup! yay!!

aaaand thanks for the tip for what could be for dinner tonight. we have a papa murphy's down the road from us. who doesn't want a cute jack-o-lantern pizza?!

happy friday, girl!

Krystin Carey said...

Ok..I've got the best sippy cup solution. We came across these a few years ago and won't use anything but these now....Google Nalgene Tritan Grip-n-gulp BPA free water bottle!! They will change your life:)You can usually find them at sporting goods stores or else Amazon has a great selection. A little pricier than most sippy cups but SO worth it!! Hope this helps you ladies!

Krystin Carey said...

I just saw has a good selection of these cups too!! I promise they will be life changing:)