Monday, October 28, 2013

A Performance AND 11 Months

 Friday night we headed to the Melissa Cardinal football game.  Ebby Lee participated in their Cardinal Cheer Camp this summer.  All the girls who participated could perform their dances at half time on Friday.  She was SO excited about going.  We met the Easons (who were minus their dad too) before to grab some dinner.  

 Ebby Lee and Olivia ready to go!!

 This little guy was SO good.  He sit on the bleachers and watched EVERYTHING going on around him.

I took the girls down to "practice" before the game started.  This is where it ALL went down hill for Ebby Lee.  Most of the girls were older than 4.  They ALL seemed to remember the dances.  I think maybe it was a combo of both??  But...E lost it!!  She cried, did NOT want to go out there, and was ready to go home.  We talked about how excited she was, how God is with her ALL the time and she shouldn't be afraid, I told her she could just stand there....she was still crying!  

We'd gone to all the trouble to go...so I was going to make her get outside her comfort zone and at least go out on the field.  At the last minute, I caved and I BRIBED her!!  EEK!  As soon as it flew out of my mouth, I knew it wasn't one of my best ideas.  I said, "If you go out there, I'll let you get a toy at the Disney Store tomorrow!"  What was I thinking??  Clearly...it was a WEAK moment!!  But...it worked!!  

Bowen was ALL bundled up.

 At half time, they all walked out and waited for the bands to perform.

 The boys and I waited patiently too.  :)

 Nixon did great!!  I think Bowen was READY to go at this point.

 Taking their places on the field.  
(They could wear a Melissa Cardinal cheer uniform or their turquoise camp shirt).

 Ebby Lee found her friend, Kirby.  They pretty much stood their the whole time.  Towards the end, they got a little warmed up and busted out some moves.

 Check out Olivia...front left...she was rockin' it!

Ebby Lee had this "embarrassed smile" on her face pretty much the entire time, but at least she was smiling??

Afterwards, Ebby Lee said that she had SO much fun!!  And..she couldn't WAIT to do that again!  Then...she mentioned I can't wait to go to the Disney Store either!  UGH!!!  

The bribing was NOT my finest mom moment, but we ALL have them, right??  In the end, I'm SO glad I pushed her, because she was SO proud of herself.  She had a blast and is already talking about going to cheer camp next summer.  On an even more positive note, she chose a $6.00 stuffed cat at the Disney Store. Thank you, Ebby Lee :)

And..yesterday...this little guy turned 11 months old!!  How did that happen??  What a blessing this little guy is to us all!  Happy 11 Months, Bowen!!

4 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Weak moment or brilliant parenting? It's hard to say. :)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

It's not called bribery. That's such an ugly word. It's called motivation! :) And that picture of Bowen is TOO CUTE!

Liz/happymommy said...

Oh we've all been there with the bribery moments....but it got her out there and she had fun so hopefully next time she will be just excited and no bribery will be needed! Sometimes they just need that extra push! :)

Elaine~ Honey Pie Accessories said...

That story totally cracks me up! I would've done the same thing by the way!