Thursday, October 10, 2013

Dallas Arboretum

Friday (when my mom was in town) we went to the Arboretum.  I've only been to the Arboretum during spring tulip time so I've never experienced the pumpkins before.  Whoa!!  There were a LOT of pumpkins!!  It was beautiful!!
 This little guy had a blast!!

 Pumpkin Village...lots of houses made of pumpkins, a hay maze, a carriage with horses made of corn stalks, and ALL kinds of pumpkins and gourds.
 Mama got in on one picture!
 These pumpkin houses were SO cute!!
 Fact of the day:  That pumpkin in the middle...looked like it had peanuts ALL over it.  It was called a "Peanut Pumpkin".  ha!

 Watch out Cinderella!!

 Nixon LOVED this slide.  We actually went back and let him slide some more.

 They were hanging out in the teepee.
 Then we headed over to the Children's Area (I think this is new).  We could have spent ALL day. was like 100 degrees so we didn't. :)

 There was a big water area.  My kids loved this part.  They could have played there forever if it would have been cooler outside.

 At this point...we stopped to eat lunch because Ebby Lee was SO cranky.  We stayed busy, busy this week with my mom here.  The big kids didn't nap all week, so I think she was WORN out (and probably super hot)!!!  As soon as we got home she took a crazy long nap.

This little guy was our happiest camper.  He was ALL smiles ALL day!!

We were all worn out when we got home, but I'm so glad we went.  It was so much fun and SO beautiful!!!


Mix and Match Mama said...

You actually made the Aboretum look like fun? And maybe like some place I should take my kids? You must be a brilliant writer and picture taker?!?! :) That Bowen...I'm going to steal him. Soon.

Liz/happymommy said...

That place looks like so much fun for the kids (minus the 100 degree weather). I just love those pumpkin houses, how fun!

Elaine~ Honey Pie Accessories said...

Love the pumpkin houses!