Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Let me start off by saying a couple things...
1.  I'm ALMOST eligible for an upgrade on my phone and boy is it time!  My phone has always taken horrible pics.  Hopefully, there is an end in sight!
2.  I need a full length mirror!
3.  I should have stood in front of the toilet!  (So it'd be hidden.)  Ugh!  Sorry, you have to see that!  ha! I'm linking up again with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday.  I wanted to include many more outfits but I've already blogged those pictures (fair and pumpkin patch is coming up).  Anyway, so there's only one outfit today.  It was pretty simple.  A tank, plaid shirt, jeans, and boots.  Nothing crazy or super interesting to the human eye...but this outfit was SO much more than that.  

Wait for it ladies...these jeans were my "skinny" jeans before I got pregnant with Bowen.  You know the jeans that are your tightest fitting, have to suck-in-to-get-them-buttoned type jeans??  These are the ones I'm talking about!!  I tried them on in April (Bowen was born in November) and there was no hope.  But...I thought I'd give it another shot and they fit!!!

(If you're one of those people who has a baby and gets back in your "skinny" jeans in 2 wouldn't understand the importance of this.  Sorry.  We ALL feel bad that you're having a hard time understanding why I was so excited about this.  Really, we do!)

I feel like we should ALL celebrate today!
Here's a shot of my boots.
I searched online and found some really cute plaid shirts that I thought I'd share with you.  You can really dress these up or dress them down depending on the day.
Love this one from Gap!  It also comes in some other fun colors.

This one....would totally work in the fall or spring because of the red and brighter blue.

And this SCREAMS fall to me!

And this shirt...all are some favorites at Gap right now.

I saw this one at Old Navy last week and it was SO cute in the store.

This shirt is at Nordstrom right now and it's so cute!!

This plaid shirt has a little more of a western flair.

This one by Jessica Simpson is 40% off right now.  Great deal!

Hope I inspired you to "add a little plaid" (ha that it rhymed!) to your closet today!!

Find me on Facebook here.
Check out my Pinterest boards here.
Follow me on Bloglovin here.


Mix and Match Mama said...

I love a plaid shirt! Love, love, love it! And I totally marked today in my calendar as the day "Erika fit in her skinny jeans post Bowen". We should celebrate this holiday every year :).

Katie Paladino said...

Woo hoo, congrats girl! There is NOTHING like slipping into those skinnies after post pregnancy! You look fabulous and such a cute outfit:)

Elaine~ Honey Pie Accessories said...

Super cute plaid shirts!!! I really need to buy me one! Yay for super skinny jeans again!! I'm in mine, but they're just not that flattering! Thank the good Lord for tunics and flowy tops.

Savanna said...

I miss my skinny jeans! 3 months postpartum and they are still mocking me in the closet! Congrats that is such a wonderful feeling.

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Ooooh! I love #2 and #6! They are definitely my favorites!!!!

Becky G said...

Congrats on getting back into the skinny jeans! I'm realizing that some of mine are a little baggy now, so that feels exciting. I may be shopping for new jeans soon! Visiting from The Pleated Poppy!

Alyssa said...

love plad! Such fun ideas! found you form the pleated poppy linky!