Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Slaughter Update

This is a super random post about the Slaughter kids!!
I got my new I-Phone last week and I think I can tell a difference.  I should be able to, right?  

Does anyone watch Young & the Restless??  

(My mom, my aunt, my grandma...all the girls in my family do dating back as long as I can remember.  Even when I was little, I remember coming in from the pool to watch the "soap".  So...I've continued the tradition.  I DVR it, so if I'm home I'll watch while the kids are napping.  I'm not super crazy.  If I'm not at home, I won't watch to catch up.) anyway I've thought this myself and I've heard a couple people comment about it.  There's a baby (about Bowen's age) on the show, Johnny Abbott, and I've heard they look alike.  Let me know what you think...
Johnny (well I don't know his "real" name)


Johnny (really fuzzy)



 Bowen...I think the main similarity is the faux-hawk with the blond hair!  I need to let "Johnny" know if he needs a day off Bowen has him covered.  

Tab has MANY MANY talents, but one of my very favorite is his ability to play that "copycat" game.  You know the game where you say something and another person repeats exactly what you say??  That game!  I'm not sure how he does it.  He can go on FOREVER repeating you!!  He copied Ebby Lee and I forever last night. I was laughing SO hard my stomach was hurting AND I gave myself the hiccups!!  My boy has some skills!

Nixon has been the BIGGEST helper to me the last couple days.  He's been fabulous!!  Ebby Lee had her tonsils out on Tuesday.  He has been so gentle with her.  Most of the time "gentle" isn't how I'd describe him.  Today he Windexed (is that a word?) all the windows downstairs he could reach.  He thought it was SO fun and it kept him SO busy!  Win -win for me!

Oh my!  This girl's fashion cracks me up!!  She had her tonsils removed on Tuesday and she's been SO brave.  She is LOVING getting to wear whatever she wants (hence the summer dress, polka dot socks, and hair)!  She was a champ before surgery.  On Tuesday night, I had to keep telling her to slow down and relax!  Yesterday she was hurting in the morning, but the rest of the day she's been great!  I've heard today should be the hardest.  Eek!  I've been so proud of her!

Super super randomness that's going on over here.  We're going to decorate for Christmas this weekend, since we're stuck in the house.  I know it's a little early, but it'll be the perfect activity for us while we're inside for several more days.  Happy Thursday!


Mix and Match Mama said...

Praying Ebby Lee keeps up with this great recovery! Merry Christmas at your house!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I love that EL is expressing her fashion identity while at home! Hilarious! Will say a prayer for you guys today that she gets thru the day with flying colors!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

So glad that she's feeling "good". Hope that today goes smoothly for her. Also, if Nixon likes to clean, my boys LOVE to wipe baseboards with baby wipes. I'll give them each a package of baby wipes and I make lots of "eeeeewwwwww" noises when they rush to show me how dusty their wipes are and they think it's hilarious. YAY for manual labor :) hahaha

Amy Flemister said...

Hope Ebby Lee gets to feeling much better! I love the post of randomness! The pictures are sooo cute!