Monday, December 2, 2013

Our Thanksgiving Weekend

 Thursday we celebrated Thanksgiving super low-key at our house for a yummy lunch.  Marla and her brother (who was in town) came over to join us.
 I caught these two being silly!!

Ebby Lee decided to give herself bangs this week!!!  EEK!!  Luckily, I can still put a bow in it to hold her hair back.  She used to fight me ALL the time about wearing bows, but after this...she's been SO good about choosing a bow to wear!  ha!

My crazy turkeys on Thanksgiving

Bowen and Boo


 Our family...Ebby Lee made that turkey shirt at school.  She was so proud she wore it over her regular clothes.  :)

 After some SUPER fun Brown Thursday/Black Friday shopping...Friday morning, Tab left early for his last football game of the season!!  Can I get a WAHOO??  :)  Friday evening my parents and I took the kiddos to the Gaylord to see all the decorations.
 This picture CRACKS me up!!!  Nixon and his face, Ebby Lee and her skirt, and Bowen isn't even looking!  Story of my life!!  My mom is looking good tho!
They loved checking out the trains.

Bowen loved it all!!  So much to see!


NIXON and that FACE!!!

This kid is officially from TX.  He needed his picture by this longhorn. :) 

 Sister needed hers too.

Girl picture!!  Love my sweet girl. :)

First attempt at a family pic

Success!!

"Thanks for bringing me here, Mom!"-I think that's what he was saying.

 Saturday evening, I met my friend, Lori, and her kiddos in downtown McKinney for the "Home for the Holidays" event.  Oh my goodness!!  Why have we missed this every year??  It was SO much fun!!
They had snow tubing. 

Nixon wasn't too sure what to think.

They asked him at the top if he wanted them to spin him.  He said, "yes"...I'm sure he had NO clue what they were talking about.  So...the little guy did lots of spinning on his way down.

Ha ha ha!! 

There was ice skating! (kind of...it was like plastic or something but Ebby Lee loved it anyway)

Nixon has a thing with textures.  Remember the sand at the beach??  So...even though it wasn't real...he wasn't chancing it.

Carter had lots of tumbles.  Ebby Lee thought it was hysterical!



Love these crazy boys!!



Love this!!

REAL LIVE REINDEER!



That poor reindeer!

I tried to keep this hat on Bowen, but he wasn't feeling it.

Our last stop...pony rides!



 We had a fabulous weekend!!  I love that this was the kickoff to all things Christmas!!  We're looking forward to it ALL!  Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

4 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Ebby Lee's poor bangs...:(. Who knew it would be a bow blessing in disguise though? You guys looked like you had the BEST Thanksgiving week!! I'm so glad we all decided to visit the square! Such a magical little place!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

LOVE Ebby Lee's pig tails and the pic of all the kiddos in the sleigh. TOO CUTE! :)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

These pictures are great! And how cute are you in your camo pants and leather accent top WITH the red tank peeking out. LOVE LOVE LOVE the whole look!!!!!

Amy Flemister said...

Looks like y'all had a great start to Christmas! Can't wait to see other family traditions you guys participate in throughout the season!!! Don't you just love this time of year???