Friday, December 13, 2013

Over the River and Through the Woods...to the Slaughter House We Go!

Welcome to The Slaughter House-Christmas Style!!!
I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner this morning for her Christmas Tour of Homes!

This is the front door.  Tab and I were planning on taking down our fall decor on the front porch and decorating for Christmas this past weekend.  (You know the weekend of icemaggedon??)  Our plans changed a little bit (or a lot)!  So, this past week we made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby to decorate the front as cute, quickly, and easily as possible!!  We're running out of time!!!  

 My Canton bench now has a little Christmas cheer.  I've been searching for the perfect Christmas pillows or even just a cute solid red one, but I think I started my search too late.  By the time I really started looking, everything was picked over??  For now, this cheap little Target ($3) pillow will work.

 The front porch :)


Remember we were taking this down this weekend??  Yeah, that didn't happen and now it's FROZEN in the ground!!!  We're the crazy people with Christmas all over the porch AND a pumpkin.  :)  #embarrassing

 The entryway table

The front bathroom...my Grandpa made all of us this cute little Christmas trees.  My kiddos look forward to this decoration the most every year!  And...my cute towel from Stitches 'N Such.

Dining room...we thought we lost ALL our garland in the move.  Then after I'd already bought new and decorated everything, we found it!  (of course!!)  This is the new garland I got at Hobby Lobby and I LOVE it!  My other stuff was the super cheap stuff and I had to add TONS to make it cute!  This just needed a little extra love.


The mantle...I know I'm so behind!!!  We've lived here 6 months and I still don't have something hanging over my mantle!!  Our fall pictures are really cute, so the plan is to order a big canvas for this spot.  I also fell in love with those Christmas signs on Pinterest.  I checked in to having one made, but again....I was too late!


The Christmas tree


This smell is in the air. 

Sparky (our Elf) was hanging out on the chandelier today.

 View from the upstairs

Ebby Lee's tree...she helped me choose ALL the decorations AND she decorated it.  I love it!


Nixon did the same thing.  He chose the tree, decorations, AND he decorated!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a GREAT weekend!!
Find me on Facebook here.
Check out my Pinterest boards here.
Follow me on Bloglovin here.
Follow me on Instagram.  I'm "slaughteren".

11 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Your house looks so good! I'm a bit concerned that Bowen doesn't have a stocking? Where will Santa put his goodies? But I love that new garland! I need to "lose" some of my garland for next year!

Elaine Welte said...

I love your entry way table! Where did you find it? Also love the whimsy of your stockings! Every year I'm so tempted to change mine!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Your house looks sooooooooooooooo pretty and festive!!! Love it!

Amy Flemister said...

Your house looks so festive!!!! It just looks so homey!! (Is that a word...) :-) have a great weekend.

Kelly Stamps said...

I LOVE your house! It's so beautiful and all the Christmas decorations are just cherry on the top! Thanks for linking up!!!!

Tammie said...

Your outside bench is so cute, I have to say that the pumpkin frozen in was kind of cute, you are not the only one who would do this, you are getting a comment from someone who would do the same thing. LOL! Thanks so much for allowing me to tour your beautiful home, all your trees are so cute. Happy Holidays to your family all the way from Vermont.

Cari said...

Stopping by from the KK linkup! Everything looks so comfy and cozy! And don't feel too bad, we've been in our house six months too and I can't decide what to hang over the mantle!

Leslie said...

Love your house and the Christmas decor is just perfect. Your front porch is SO cute!

Hayley Nelson said...

I love, love, love your wreath!!! Where did you find it?!?

Shelby said...

I loved seeing all your d├ęcor...the front porch wreath is my FAV! And love the entry table...seriously gorg! :)

sharonw05 said...

I really enjoyed seeing all of your decorations! I am particularly interested in the Christmas tree that your Grandfather made for you! I love to send my family something unique for Christmas every year and was wondering if he would share how he made that?
And I got a good chuckle out of your frozen pumpkin--I would have slapped a festive bow on it and called it done, lol! My sister lives in Indiana and she just was able to get the Nativity figures out of her yard a couple of weeks ago--but the stakes are still solidly frozen in the ground! This will be a winter no one will forget!
Sharon