Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tuesday's Top Three

It's the LAST day of 2013!!  Can you believe it??  I seriously feel like this year FLEW by!  Today (because it's a Tuesday AND the last day of the month) I'm combining two series into one.  We're talking bucket lists for January...I'm highlighting my Top Three!!  (and maybe one extra because I couldn't narrow it down.)

Today is the day Emily and I share our bucket lists for the upcoming month!  Don't forget to check out what Emily and her family have planned for January too.  Here are the Top Three things I'm looking forward to in January 2014!!

#1
Do you guys remember this??  Last Christmas (2012) my aunt Rene' surprised us all with Beth Moore Siesta Scripture memory books.  We all agreed to memorize two verses a month for the entire year of 2013.  As the celebration, Beth Moore hosts a little event in January in Houston, TX.  If you've submitted all your verses and have them memorized, your little spiral notebook is your ticket into the conference.  So...we've been discussing this little Houston girl's trip since December 2012!  I LOVE the ladies in my family!  (Those not coming will definitely be missed!!)  This will be such a fun big-girls-only weekend!

#2
Tab's college football season is over!!  I'm so thankful he gets to do something that he enjoys so much, BUT I will say when January hits I am SO ready for the five of us to get to hang out ALL weekend long!  I'm looking forward to lazy Saturday mornings and lots of date nights (with and without kiddos!).

#3
Mizzou plays in the Cotton Bowl this year.  I'm a Missouri girl, but if I'm being REALLY honest...pretty much if you buy me a cute college shirt and invite me to your school's football game...I'll wear it, go with you, and cheer!  ha ha!!  Some of my Missouri family is coming this week .  We're going to load up and head to the game.  My grandma bought me a really cute Mizzou jacket a couple years ago...so if you spot me, I'll be wearing my cute jacket and screaming, "M-I-Z"...haha!  I'm excited about the game, but REALLY excited about having family in town!


#4 (because I couldn't leave it out)
Every January-probably like the rest of America-I get REALLY organized.  My menu is planned out for the next month, I have three devotionals lined up for my quiet times, any errands I need to run are written down...you get the idea.  I LOVE that feeling of being so organized and having a clean slate.  You know that feeling the new year brings??  Believe me...by December 2014...I'll have missed the kid's well visit check-up because I just didn't remember, I'll have to call my hairdresser twice to get the time/date I'm going to see her, AND I'll miss at least three important people's birthdays BUT for now (in January) I'm going to enjoy every minute of being organized.  It won't last long!!

Have a great LAST day of 2013!!  See you in 2014!

Find me on Facebook here.
Check out my Pinterest boards here.
Follow me on Bloglovin here.
Follow me on Instagram.  I'm "slaughteren".

8 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

I am super impressed with your organization! You're turning into me! Before you know it, you'll be up at 4:30 too and addicted to Starbucks ;).

Amy Flemister said...

Having your family in town and going to the game sounds like so much fun! Hope you're going to post lots of pictures! :-)

Erin said...

Your #4 is so true! You should do some posts on organization -- I would love to read more about your binder. Love your blog and Top Threes!

Katie Paladino said...

Cheers to an exciting new year! So glad I found your blog and started following you and your sweet family! Happy New Year!

Jackie said...

Did you make that binder? or buy the pages??? please share asap?!? please? like before 1/2/14 LOL! I MUST GET ORGANIZED! LOL!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Loved this post! So fun! And yes, I too will be SUPER organized for like a week!

Tab & Erika said...

I'm so sorry this planner pic was deceiving!!! It's just a random google pic. I have used this one before. Google free printable planners and you might find it. It was just a lot of printing for a whole year. I'm actually going to see how disciplined I can be with a cheap planner. If I keep up, my reward is a cute Erin Condren. :). Good luck!!

Shelby said...

Ok seriously obsessed with your family picture...the colors, the clothes, everything! :) ...and I had to LOL at the missing the well-child, calling the hairdresser twice, etc. etc...could.not.be.more.true with me!! So glad I am not the only one! But I love love love your high hopes of an organized 2014!! I sure hope for the same! :)