Friday, January 3, 2014

5 on Friday & Pin-spired

Happy Friday!!!  I'm linking up with Darci over at The Good Life BlogApril at A.Liz Adventures,  Christina at Carolina Charm, and Natasha at Hello! Happiness for 5 on Friday.  Here is my super randomness for you today...

#1
I'm also linking up to ShaySheaffer, and Mel to show you my Pin-spired look.

This picture was my inspiration.  I LOVE everything about it!!

This was my version.  I didn't button the vest...it just kind of looks like it in the picture.  I had a grey scarf (I switched the scarf/vest colors because that's what was in my closet), but with the scarf, vest, and my hair down there was too much going on around my neck.  I NEVER would have put this together, but I love how it dressed up my gingham shirt.

Gingham Shirt:  Mine is from J.Crew Factory, but it's sold out.  This is a GREAT option from them here.
Faux Fur Vest:  Mine was from Wet Seal!  ha!  I am WAY too old to be shopping in there.  I got it RIGHT after having Bowen for family pictures and then ended up not wearing it.  Anyway, I found a really inexpensive option here.
Vigoss Jeans:  I'm wearing the destroyed version here.  I also have a clean pair here and they're on sale for under $40!!

My new Toms booties!  Love these shoes!!

Toms booties:  Here.
Vigoss Jeans:  Here.

Closer view :)

#2
Yesterday Andrea and I started this #eandajanchallenge on Instagram.  Thanks to everyone who joined!!  It was SO fun seeing everyone's pictures!!  I can't wait to see the next twenty-nine days!!  It's not too late to join the fun!!  Tag your picture today!

#3
I ordered a large canvas for above our mantle.  I picked it up yesterday and I LOVE it!!  We're going to move it up just a tad, and I need to add some color to the mantle, but it's SLOWLY coming together.  (Longest sentence ever!)  One step at a time!

#4
Tab and I somehow missed out on the Downton Abbey craze, but I got season one for Christmas!!  We watched the first episode last night and we're already hooked!!

#5
I know I've said this before but I'm saying it again...I have some of the best girlfriends EVER!!!  I don't have a picture with ALL of them in it!  I wish I did...maybe in 2014!  But..I'm so thankful for each and every one of them!

Find me on Facebook here.
Check out my Pinterest boards here.
Follow me on Bloglovin here.
Follow me on Instagram.  I'm "slaughteren".

10 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Oh my goodness! I am so thankful for YOU! I just love you to pieces and don't know what I would do without you every day :). And by the way, you nailed your Pinspired look...all you were missing was that cup of coffee ;).

Deena Simair said...

Just found your blog via your instagram challenge- very refreshing! Also, high fives for conquering the fur...I'm still hesitant but maybe will make that my winter goal. Anyway, great blog, love the photo challenge and definitely could tell you hang with the likes of Shaeffer and Shay just by your pin-inspired photo styling ;)

Jen Pogue said...

That photo that you used for inspiration is one of my favs on Pinterest...You did an awesome job on your look- love it! And, I started watching Doownton Abbey last year and it's one of my favorite shows EVER!

Liz/happymommy said...

Love your pin-spired look, super cute....looks comfy and stylish! :)

Carissa Howard said...

Stopping by from both link up parties :) I think you nailed the outfit! Super cute. I also love the canvas, but I think it looks good where it is. I would rather have it too low than too high. We hung ours too high and now to move it down we would have to patch a whole.

Rachel said...

I love the gingham shirt with the fur vest!
And your hair is beautiful, as always.
Can't wait for new episodes of Downton to premiere on Sunday--
glad you're hooked now :)
Happy weekend, Erika!
www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi! Love your blog, your style and your super cute little family! I had a question about your canvas? Did you have it done by your photographer or somewhere locally? I am really wanting to do a canvas from our fall photos but not sure who to use. I usually use Mpix online for all of my photo orders, but it makes me nervous to do it all online. Your's looks terrific so I just thought I would ask. Thanks, have a great weekend.
Briana

Shelby said...

Loved this post! Your pin/spired look is gorg, & I just love Five on Fridays!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Soooooooo cute! Love the gingham and the fur! I actually got a fur vest this weekend (mine is black) so I can't wait to see how in the world I'm going to wear it. Maybe I'll try the gingham pairing too?!? That canvas of the fam is FABULOUS. And you're 100% right...we have the best girlfriends EVER!!!! Love you!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

Your fur vest & gingham shirt = perfection!!!! I would have never thought of that combo either! SO cute!!! You rocked it! Love your canvas, beautiful family!
I might need to jump in the instagram photo challenge!
Thanks again for linking up with us for Pin-spired :)