Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tuesday's Top Three

I'm going to sound like an infomercial today.  Are your hands suffering in the winter months?  Are they cracking and even bleeding??  Well...I'm here to help you get back to smooth glorious hands even in the dry winter months.  Ha ha ha!!  

I hope I'm not the only one having this problem.  In the winter, my hands get SO dry.  They get so dry they actually crack and bleed.  I know it's so gross and it's REALLY painful.  This year I'm trying my best to prevent it from happening as much as possible.  This is what my hands usually look like in the dry winter months...
I'm kidding (kind of!!)

Today I'm going to share with you the three things I'm using/doing this year to keep my hands from getting so dry they crack!  Eek!  That's too painful!

A friend told me about this lotion a couple years ago and I've been a big believer ever since.  I know it says, "Cracked Heel", but I use it on my hands too because it's SO thick.  I use it every night before bed and also randomly a couple times during the day.  It has made a HUGE difference on my hands.  

This is Bath & Body Works lotion for hands.  I've tried this too and I really prefer the thicker "cracked heel" lotion.  (If you have super dry hands like me.)

I'm doing my best to drink LOTS AND LOTS of water.  It's so much easier in the hot summer months.  But I'm forcing myself to have my fair share (and more) of water everyday.

#3  (This is the BIG one!)
Gloves (I don't even know what you call these gloves...dishwashing gloves?)

Nixon, my photographer, did an excellent job, huh?

A couple weeks ago, my aunt was in town and my hands were cracking and bleeding.  Every time I would get them wet it would get SO much worse.  I finally told Tab I couldn't do the dishes anymore because the water was making my hands SO much worse.  (I know that sounds like a great excuse, but it was actually the truth.)  Anyway, my aunt told me I needed to get gloves and it'd make a huge difference.  Why had no one told me that before???  Thank you Aunt Rene'!!!  I've been using them for the last two weeks and my hands are perfectly fine!!  (I'm also using the lotion and drinking tons of water.)

Ladies, so sorry for the infomercial today.  But...in all honesty, I REALLY hope it helps someone.  If you have dry hands, you should REALLY give these ideas a try.  Happy Tuesday!!

This Thursday....get ready for another Favorite Things Party with Andrea!!  I can't wait to see what fabulous things you guys have to share this month.  Please post your favorite thing that's under $10 and link up with us on Thursday.  Can't wait to see all the goodies!!

Find me on Facebook here.
Check out my Pinterest boards here.
Follow me on Bloglovin here.
Follow me on Instagram.  I'm "slaughteren".


Mix and Match Mama said...

Why did I not know you had dry hands? Why is this news to me? Poor you! That is no fun :(.

Lyndsey said...

I have the same problem!! Ouch!! So painful!! My mom found this Bee Silk Lotion bar- I blogged about it last week because it really heals my hands when they are bad off. Also my favorite thing from last month:), the Tree Hut Brazilian nut Shea body butter has helped a ton! And Ia couple of years ago I bought disposable gloves and wear them to clean or cook or anything that is exposing my skin to water. Big difference!! I feel your pain!!:/

howright said...

Perfect timing, I was massaging lotion into a crack on my knuckle while reading this! I use a really thick Neutrogena lotion at night and it works great but within a few hours of waking up, my hands are dry and painful again. Wisconsin winters are the worst. I haven't tried the gloves yet, but I think I'll pick a pair up at the grocery store this weekend!

MAK said...

I have the same problem! Mine crack and bleed too and I'm a tad bit germaphobic and a fan of frequent handwashing ;) My heels are also terrible, worse in the summer with flip flops. So thanks for sharing about that cracked heel lotion, I'll have to try that!

Liz/happymommy said...

I hear ya, my hands get SO dry in the winter months and mine also get cracked and bleed...no fun at all and really it is painful! Thanks for these tips, that cracked heel lotion sounds like it may help my poor hands out! Happy Tuesday!

Wendy said...

It must be divine intervention that I randomly clicked on your name from Shay's blog. I had just texted a friend saying how bad my hands are and that they look just awful. I will try the BBW cracked heel cream. I have tried almost every other cream out on the market. The best to date is the Eucerin intensive repair hand cream.

Tab & Erika said...

I'm going to have to try that Bee Silk Lotion bar and the Eucerin!! I definitely think the biggest thing that's helped this year is my gloves. Ladies...get some gloves!! :)

hillary said...

I bought gloves when I started washing bottles in hot hot water and they were ruining my skin! LOVE my new pink bottle washing gloves!

Olivia said...

I had my son, Beckham, in November and my hands got the same way since I was always washing baby bottles, pacis, pump parts, etc... My mother-in-law told me to do the same thing (wear gloves). It does help. I love the Vaseline brand hand lotion (in a pink bottle). I use it every night, but the cracked heel lotion looks like it would work better. Glad our next one is due in June so I won't have to worry about dry hands when washing them all the time.