Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tuesday's Top Three

Before becoming a stay-at-home mom, I was a third-grade teacher.  I think being a teacher brought out the holiday-dressing-love inside me!  haha!  What I mean is...as a teacher I'd for sure be sporting black/orange the whole week of Halloween.  The kiddos loved it and it was just fun!  So, even though I'm not teaching anymore, I still find myself planning the red, white, and blue outfits a couple weeks before the 4th!  Or in this case, I start thinking about what me OR my kiddos will be wearing the week of Valentine's Day.  (I know it sounds ridiculous, but just go with it...please. :) Haha!)  I love searching Pinterest for some great holiday inspirations!!  Here are my Top Three casual Valentine's Day looks...

Love this understated heart scarf with the chambray shirt, leggings, and white tee.  Super casual...but oh so cute!!

I found a couple options for this...
Chambray Shirt:  Loft here.
White Tee:  I've said this before, but I'm super long-waisted.  Any shirt that is "long" on an average size person is probably too short on me.  So, I've discovered buying plain tees or tanks (to wear under things) in the maternity section here.  They aren't bigger around the stomach.  They don't have ruching.  (The gathering on the sides.)  If you're long-waisted, try one!
Leggings:  Nordstrom here.
Boots:  SALE ALERT!!!  I bought these boots in the fall and they are now 60% off!!!  Under $60 for a GREAT pair of boots!  If you're needing some, check these out!
Scarf:  I searched and searched for a heart scarf and only found one.  Super cute for $165!  What?  So...here are a couple floral, pink, or red options.  


This one is a little more..."Happy Valentine's Day", but I think it'd be adorable!

Coat:  Super cute purple one here and it's 50% off!  Red toggled option and on sale.  And...dark red option here and on sale too!!
Valentine Shirt:  Red option.  Black option.  These are shirts from Target.  Super fun for a couple days to celebrate, but I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a shirt like this...Target for the win!
Skinny Jeans:  Nordstrom here.


Love the pants/grey combo!!  The heart earrings would be a little much for me, but the pants/shirt combo I LOVE!

Grey Shirt:  Gap option here.
Red Pants:  These might be a little more pink.  Or...boyfriend cords here.


Outfit #4 (One dressy option)
I wish I had some where fancy to go to wear this outfit!  Love the peplum top with the trouser pants!

Peplum Top:  Loft option here.  Forever 21 red/white polka dot peplum.
Trouser Pants:  Loft here.

Hope you guys were a little inspired today!  Happy Tuesday!

Find me on Facebook here.
Check out my Pinterest boards here.
Follow me on Bloglovin here.
Follow me on Instagram.  I'm "slaughteren".












12 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

I saw where you pinned that Valentine's Day out fit and thought it was so cute!!! Love it!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

You are sooooooo good at the theme dressing for you and your kids. Everybody looks soooo cute without looking too cheesy or over the top!

Katie Paladino said...

I totally hear you with the theme dressing! I was a teacher before being a SAHM too and I was all about dressing for the holidays!! I love these looks, especially #2!!

Narci said...

I just love this about you! You are the best at coming up with fun outfits for you and your sweet family!! Love all of these! :)

Dawn said...

I am the same way (I actually teach two days a week) but I always like to dress for the holidays! In fact, I'm already working on my kid's Easter-related attire! :)

Jen Pogue said...

The first look is my favorite! I love how it's a normal outfit, but the scarf makes it Valentine's! I was not a holiday-themed dresser at all until I had kids and saw how much joy they find in celebrating...even if it's a heart printed scarf!

Elaine Welte said...

That's the cutest heart shirt!

Tanya said...

I love theme dressing too. Now that my kids are getting older, I can't get away with it as much as when they were little. Enjoy it!

And I've had to tone down my own theme dressing since moving to England. The first year I pulled out some cute Christmas t-shirts etc. I got a lot of weird looks!

Anita Mraz said...

I am so happy you shared that the boots are on sale! I have been eyeing them for months and didn't hesitate a second before ordering them! I teach 1st grade and love a good pair of flat boots! Thanks and have a great day :)

Leslie said...

Check groopdealz for 2 really cute heart scarfs for like $9!!

Shelby said...

This post was SO fun!! I love love love being festive for any holiday, and you put this all together so perfectly! <3

Kellie said...

I love outfit #1. Go on Etsy to find cute heart scarves!