Monday, January 20, 2014

What a GREAT time!!


This weekend was the highly anticipated Siesta Sisters Girls' Trip!!  (It all started WAY back in December 2012. In 2013 every month on the 1st and 15th, we'd post and memorize one verse.)  Eleven girls in my family participated, but only six of us could make the trip.  The ladies drove down on Thursday to my house.  Then we headed on to Houston Friday morning. 
Lunch stop...me, Grandma, and my mom 

Other side of the table...Aunt Rene', Lindsey, and Whitney

We checked in to our hotel and then hit up the mall for some Friday night shopping.  I have SO many memories shopping with these ladies!!  Let's just say...trying on swimsuits when I was fifteen with them was probably a little more fun than us all trying on swimsuits now.  Hahahaha!!!!

Saturday morning we headed to the conference.

Our crew

Beth said that in January 2013 over 10,000 people started participating in the memory team, but by December 2013 it had dwindled to a little over 1,500.  It was such a fun day!  She was all about congratulating everyone for working so hard.  It's always crazy to me how the speaker says something at a conference like this and each person ends up walking away with something different they learned or are taking back with them!!  

How crazy is this??!!!  There were 480 women at the meeting and I found an old friend from college!!!  Corley and I actually bumped into each other on the elevator at our hotel.  CRAZY!!!  She lives in Arkansas and we haven't seen each other in probably 9 years!! 

I posted this on Instagram and I HAVE to tell the story again!!!  We all got a chance to go out and have a little photo op with Beth Moore.  We asked someone to take the picture of us sitting there while the photographer was getting everything ready for a big group pic.  Anyway, the sweet little lady who took our pic COMPLETELY cut me out of the pic.  You can see my hair a LITTLE to the left of Lindsey!!  hahahaha!!!  I could not stop laughing!  But...we still got to chat with Beth for a minute and she was the sweetest thing!!

I had an absolute BLAST with the ladies in my family!!  They are SO much fun and we laughed SO much!!  It was a fabulous time!!  Some forever memories were made!!

Last night the ladies in our BFG all met up for a yummy dinner.  This is one table.

Here's my table...I love love love these ladies!!  So much fun hanging out with them last night.

Hope you had a GREAT weekend too!!

6 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

I love, love, love that you got to hear Beth Moore speak!! I hate, hate, hate that you were cropped out of the picture :(.

Dawn said...

So much fun! Looks like you have a wonderful family! :)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Great pics friend! I love the one of you and your fam outside of the conference center! :)

Narci said...

Such a fun, fun experience for you and the girls in your fam! How wonderful!!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

The pic of you (or not you, really) cracked me up so much. Love how many sweet women you have in your family... what a blessing!

Micah said...

Love that you and Corley ran into each other!