Friday, February 7, 2014

5 on Friday



It's Friday!!  I'm linking up with Darci over at The Good Life BlogApril at A.Liz Adventures,  Christina at Carolina Charm, and Natasha at Hello! Happiness with 5 RANDOM thoughts!

#1
First of all, it SNOWED here yesterday!!  The weatherman had pretty much given up on any hope of anything the last time I checked, but we woke up to white snow!!!  My parents (who live in MO where it snowed a lot) drove down to visit and escape from the wintery mix!  haha!  We took the big kids to preschool and then we did a little shopping.  Some people like to play in the snow, but we like to shop in it!

Check out Bowen's face!!  He loved it!


#2
We took the girls to gymnastics and let Bowen tag along.  (Nixon was playing at Smith's house.)  I thought it was too cute that all those sweet little gymnasts were paying attention to the little man in the waiting area!  ha!


 #3
Sigh.  I remember when they were this little!  Mrs. Narci did a little v-day photo shoot way back in 2012!!  This was my fave!  Next week I'll share some other pictures from Valentine's past!


#4
Since it was snowing yesterday, I made myself a cup of hot cocoa and it was SO delicious!!!  The secret ingredient....
was this!!!  And...it's ALMOND MILK!!!  So...I basically drank a little protein shake, right??  It was SO tasty!  This gave the hot cocoa a hint of coconut flavor.  YUM!!  You should try it!


#5
Tab and I are trying to be better about having date nights and making them a priority!!  We have a little dinner date night planned tonight!  And...then I'm hoping we're in bed early and can watch TWO episodes of Downton Abbey before we go to sleep.  PARTY ANIMALS!!!

Hope you have a FABULOUS weekend!!

Find me on Facebook here.
Check out my Pinterest boards here.
Follow me on Bloglovin here.
Follow me on Instagram.  I'm "slaughteren".

9 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Ahhhhh! That picture of the girls looking at Bowen melts my heart! And Ebby Lee and Nixon look so sweet in the Valentine's Day picture (they look sweet every day...just extra sweet on this day). Where did those babies go?!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Fun post! That coconut milk in hot chocolate sounds amazing! And that pic of your 2 big kids is SO cute!!!!

Narci said...

I have so much to say!! I love that your parents are in town, and I had totally forgotten about those Valentine Sessions in 2012!! So fun!! Have fun on date night--can't wait to touch base on Downton Abbey! So fun!!

The Rimke Chronicles said...

I love your blog so much!! I love being able to read yours, Andrea's and shays all in the morning!! Kep it up! A bright spot in my day! :)

Slightly Askew Designs said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that pic of the girls looking at Bowen! SO SWEET! And Downton Abbey... so good, right?!?! Are you current yet??? Hurry up and catch up so we can discuss!

Kelli Gilbert said...

wahooo for snow! and geesh--you've got the cutest kids ever!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

I need to try that coconut milk asap, that hot chocolate sounds amazing!

Jen Pogue said...

I hope y'all had fun on your date-night! We had one last night and then one tonight, which is rare, so I'm thrilled! I've just gotten caught up with my Downton Abbey to the DVR'd espisodes. I'll kind of miss watching them on my computer. ;) I hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

Visiting from the link up. Your kiddos are adorable!