Monday, February 24, 2014

Funnies, Cleat Day, and Some Randomness

Some funny things my kiddos have said lately....

The kiddos and I were in the car on Friday and Ebby Lee started talking about strangers.
Ebby Lee:  "Nixon, if a stranger offers you some candy, what do you say?"
Nixon:  "I'd say, PLEASE?"
Oops!!!  So glad Ebby Lee asked this question!!  We've had a lot of conversations about manners, but I guess I need to step my "stranger talk" up a little.  :)

Ebby Lee and I made "healthy breakfast cookies" from Pinterest.  You know the kind with unsweetened applesauce and no sugar?? They tasted "okay".  After dinner, Nixon asked for a cookie.  
Ebby Lee:  "Nixon, they don't really have a flavor."
Hahahaha!!!  So true!!  I kind of agree with that statement!

Ebby Lee in the bathtub.
Ebby Lee:  "This water is so warm it gives me boose-gumps."

I need to start taking notes on all the little funnies they say!!

My little model strutted her stuff this week.

This kid was a HAM!

He watched Mickey Mouse (his fave show), had his go-to snack in hand, and couldn't handle it.  Rough life for B.

I thought our plans for Saturday were to clean out the garage and get stuff done around the house.  Tab had other plans!!!  Nixon's 1st ever CLEAT DAY!!  We went to the store to get Nixon's tee-ball uniform and cleats.

Nix talked Tab into these wristbands.  Ha!!  We'll see if he really wears them.

He looks tough right??

Tab was seriously having a "moment" about this being his first time ever to buy cleats.  Bless his heart!  Nixon was dying to just ride up the escalator to get to the golf course (the little putting green).

After all that fun, we worked in the yard.  We have an abundance of leaves!!  Out. Of. Control.

While we worked, Ebby Lee and Bowen took selfies.

Nix was busy practicing.

I was a hot mess in the yard while all that was going down.  hahahaha!!  Keepin' it real!

I had to document my first time ever to borrow something from Ebby Lee.  She let me borrow this head band yesterday and I'm 99% sure I'm going to wear it again today to the gym.  She was so sweet.  She said, "Mom, that headband looks great on you."  Love that girl!  And...I'm looking forward to many more "sharing" moments!!



Mix and Match Mama said...

Ohhhh! I can't wait to see the headband at the gym! Super sassy! And that picture of Bowen asleep on the couch...precious!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I loved everything about this post. Sweet Bowen passed out. Nixon getting his cleats. Sweet sweet Ebby Lee complimenting your headband. Your a lucky mama!!!!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

Ebby Lee in the white jeans?!?!?! I die! And I totally love that she complimented you so sweetly... I see LOTS of sharing in y'alls futures :)

Narci said...

Love the headband!! Ebby Lee is so sweet!!

V @ X-tremely V said...

Your pictures are always great! And that headband really is cute! I might need to check out the girls section :)

Liz/happymommy said...

Your sweet family is just adorable!!!

Ansleighsmom said...

your comment about strangers makes me laugh I had the same problem w my 5 year old Ansleigh they asked in school what do you say to a stranger when they offer you candy she said you say please and then u say thank you. Then this year when it was stranger week at school she said mom why do we have to talk about strangers I dont know any? silly kiddos just love their innoncence. hope that you have a great week!

Elaine Welte said...

I love all the funny things kids say! I had the same sentimental moment buying Gretchen her first pair of ballet shoes that Tab had buying Nixon his first pair of cleats!

Olivia said...

Those comments by Ebby Lee cracked me up! Having a "moment" while cleat shopping sounds like my husband :)

Kelsey Schwartz said...

Check out Sweaty Bands! They are sparkly and designed for exercising!