Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday's Top Three

This post is probably two weeks too late!!!  But...hopefully there are some procrastinators out there I can help!  Today, I'm talking Valentine Boxes!!  

This is the first year one of my kiddos has had to make a box for school.  Ebby Lee came home with a letter a few weeks ago giving us a couple instructions for her valentine box.  I'm going to be honest.  I LOST my mind and didn't even THINK to look at Pinterest.  I tried to think of some ideas and I had NOTHING!  At dinner, I told Tab that he should help her with this project.  (Between the two of us, he's WAY more creative then I am.)  Ebby Lee overheard us and quickly chimed in, "We should ask M to help me because M is an artist."  Great point, E!  M is super creative!  I quickly texted her and she was sending me some ideas within minutes!!  

So...in honor of my very first year to have to get creative with a valentine box...here are some fabulous options from Pinterest and Ebby Lee's finished box!!

#1 Lego Man Box (this was just a picture...no real link.)

Legos are SO popular right now!  I'm sure tons of kiddos would love to have this for their box.

#2 Dog Box

If Nixon was making a box, I'd have to figure out how to make this a masculine dog!  Nix would NEED this box.  Isn't it SO cute??

 #3 Minion Box

SO CUTE!!!!

#3 Minion Valentine Box (this link had step-by-step instructions)

Seriously, when you were little PLEASE tell me what your valentine boxes looked like??  Mine were ALWAYS a shoe box wrapped in aluminum foil.  Shiny, yes please!  We'd make little accordion folded paper strips so they stuck out away from the box.  (Does that make sense??)  And I'd decorate it with valentine stickers.  Every year that was my box.  
(Don't worry, Mom, I really did LOVE it!). 

When people ask "what did we do before Pinterest"...I clearly have an answer regarding valentine boxes!!!

#4 Frozen Valentine Box

Ebby Lee would absolutely LOVE this palace box!!!  I'm sure every other little girl would as well!!


Marla is SUPER creative!  She said several times that she wanted it to be something E could help with and she wanted to make sure we weren't doing ALL the work.  This is what we did...
Marla showed up at my house with this pattern.  See what I mean about creative??

We used a bunch of randomness from around the house.  A big wide shoe box, a smaller thinner shoe box, two paper towel rolls, paper, stickers...

We wrapped both boxes in pink paper.

We cut a hole, so the thin box fit inside the other box.

Then we wrapped the paper towel rolls in purple paper and hot glued those to the sides.  We used sparkly paper for the top (cone part) of the towers.  And...we hot glued a couple other things to the "castle".  (The letter "E", a princess, a horse, some pom poms).

Then we set Ebby Lee loose with lots of stickers!!!

Finally...the finished product!!  To be honest, the hardest part was wrapping the boxes!!  

I'd LOVE to hear what your valentine box looked like (BEFORE we had Pinterest)!!!  Please leave a comment and let me know!  And, I hope if you still have a valentine box to make that one of these ideas can help!  

Happy Tuesday!!


Find me on Facebook here.
Check out my Pinterest boards here.
Follow me on Bloglovin here.
Follow me on Instagram.  I'm "slaughteren".

13 comments:

Lizzie Simantz said...

Wow, that is awesome! Can't wait to do something like this with my kiddos :)

Jaren said...

That is super cute! We've made our boxes the past two nights. We are modge podging torn pieces of valentine papers onto kleenex boxes and then I'll cut out their names with my Cricut.

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

Oh my gosh! So creative and cute. I'm feeling like such a slacker mom right now with our Valentine's box creation. :) You did an awesome job!

Lauren @ My Slice of Life said...

What a great Valentine's box! So creative and perfect for Ebby Lee! Great job :)

Elaine Welte said...

Girl, did you read my post yesterday?! Our box is a hot mess! Ebby Lee's looks fabulous! I am not that creative!

Teresa Posey said...

SUPER cute!

AC said...

We made a hot air balloon and it turned out awesome!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

This is AMAZING!!! what a super fun memory for Ebby Lee, too :) We don't have to make a Valentines box (at least I don't think we do... I should probably check. hahaha), but if we do I'm sending Luke to your house :)

Michelle Beer said...

omg i love love this box!!! every girls dream!

Tara G. said...

And I thought kids were lucky with the cute little mailboxes at Hobby Lobby!

Marissa and Alisa {All In Good Twine} said...

So cute! Looks like she had so much fun making it too! Keeping this in mind for when I have kids. -Alisa

Narci said...

You know that I LOVE this--but does it have your address on it?? Lol. ;) Growing up, my Valentine's container was a white , decorated paper bag! Just love this and that M helped her out!

Fancy Ashley said...

Best Valentine"s Day box ever! That is awesome!!!!