Thursday, March 6, 2014

Day in the Life

I absolutely love reading "Day in the Life" posts!!!  So, I thought I'd participate.  But...I thought I'd start out featuring the youngest Slaughter.  This is a "Day in the Life of Bowen".  
(Picture overload...sorry!)

This was a Tuesday.  The majority of the day it was just the two of us. :)

7:28...he woke up and was ready to get out.  He's usually the last one awake so usually everyone goes in to get him.

Breakfast of champions...Nutra-Grain bar and strawberries

He loves being silly with Nixon until he's done.  When Bowen's done with Nix, he starts screaming and let's him know QUICKLY!!

On Tuesdays, the big kids go to preschool. So we get everyone ready and head to school.  

This kid is gonna be a dentist when he grows up.  He loves toothbrushes and especially toothpaste!

9:00...Everyone is in (not buckled) and this is typical...Bowen is super chill, Nixon is doing something to annoy Ebby Lee, and Ebby Lee is tattling on Nixon.  :)

9:15...Walking the big kiddos into preschool

Had to take a picture of these sweet girls all dressed in their leopard.  LOVE!!

We usually run a lot of errands on Tuesdays and Thursdays...first stop getting the car inspected.  We tried staying entertained with the wipes and anything else I could find.

Next stop Rudy's BBQ...breakfast taco for Mama and a grilled cheese for B.  We went through the drive-thru and ate in the car.

Hobby Lobby...We had to get some things for upcoming birthday parties.

Target stop...love his posture!  ha!

He talked me into an impulse buy at the checkout.  Somebody was pointing and making grunting noises at the applesauce.

12:00...Then we came home and B took a little nap.

I had to wake him early because I was the mystery reader in E's class.  We had to be back at school at 1:50.

Bowen got NO attention while we were there. :)

We had to run two quick errands after school.  We stopped at another Hobby Lobby for some more party goodies and we swung by the pharmacy.  When we got home,  the boys played and played with Tab's golf balls.

Somebody had his diaper changed and was loving life.

5:00...He likes to "help" me with dinner.

But...really he pulls things out of the cabinets and BEGS for me to hold him.  How can I refuse?  

We got dinner started and then went upstairs to play while it cooked.

Sneaky boy's favorite toy...the toothpaste!!!  EEK!  I hide it and he ALWAYS finds it!

6:00..."What's for dinner, Mom?"  Tab was running late so the kiddos and I ate before he got home.  

6:48...Somebody was super pumped that Tab was home!  

Loves his Daddy!!

7:10...G and M stopped by for a little visit.  Bowen loves him some M & G.

The big kiddos "performed" for us all.  Then it was Bowen's turn.  He acted like he was singing...hilarious!  He was so proud of himself!!  

Then Tab took the kiddos up to bathe them while I cleaned up the kitchen.  And...Bowen went right to bed.

A typical day in the life of Bowen...rough life, huh?  ;)

11 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Eeks!! I just love that kid!! I would like to add that while you were taking the pictures of the girls wearing their leopard coats, that he ran up to me and asked me to pick him up. Love him!!

Tab & Erika said...

Of course he did!!! :)

Narci D said...

A day in the life of my favorite, sweet boy!! I love it!!!! He is the cutest!

KathrynAndres said...

I was worried about his shoe...but realized it made a reappearance a few pictures later. Then he was down to one sock...TOO CUTE! What a fun "Day in the Life of" post!

V @ X-tremely V said...

So cute! This post makes me want to stay at home with my little guy :)

Elaine Welte said...

How cute! And, I totally love his pink floral car seat!

The Rimke Chronicles said...

He is so cute! What a fun life he lives; naps, Hobby Lobby, Target, lots of attention...perfect! :)

Melisa said...

Love this post, Erika! can't wait to see the other kid's day. I gathered that Bowen sleeps through the night since you said he is usually the last to wake up. Got any tips?

Rachel said...

Bowen is so adorable!
I love this peek into his very busy life!
www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

Tab & Erika said...

Melisa...this is such a controversial topic. I believe in every Mama doing what works for their family. We are zombies when our babies get up in the night. It makes me a CRAZY mama...so when our kiddos were each four months old (E and B were off and on sleeping through the night by then just not consistent) we let them cry it out. It took them each only two or three nights and since then they sleep ALL night long. I know this does not work for some, but it really helped our kiddos and us! :)

Slightly Askew Designs said...

STOP IT!!! When on earth did he get this big?!?!?! That pic of him grinning at you from the shopping cart??? I die. And I like the one of him attempting to recline at Hobby Lobby. What a sweet, sweet boy he is.