Thursday, March 20, 2014


I'm sure most of you know one of my besties, Sheaffer, but if you don' need to meet her ASAP!!  She blogs over at Pinterest Told Me To and she's FABULOUS!  Basically, Pinterest is VERY bossy to Sheaffer.  She listens and then bosses ALL of us around.  Back in the fall, I NAILED one of Sheaffer's looks just by using things I already had in my closet.  I shared it (I was way too proud of myself...ha!).  The post is here.

Sheaffer did this post about her love for her new Converse.  She instantly sold me on a pair of those shoes!!  If you would have asked me the day before if I'd buy myself a pair of Converse in the next year, I'd have told you, "No, Converse, aren't really my style."  Glad you didn't ask, because I'd be EATING those words!!  After her post, I knew I NEEDED a white pair of those shoes ASAP!!

When Sheaffer posted this, I knew I had ALL those pieces in my closet.  I NEVER would have put them together on my own.  But...if Pinterest Told Me To was telling me to do it, I knew I should give it a try!

Here's my version of Gingham, a Cardigan, Cuffed Jeans, and Converse...
Cardigan:  Similar at Target here.
Gingham Shirt:  Similar shirt here at Gap.
Vigoss Jeans: Exact jeans here.

 Converse:  Nordstrom here.  FYI...I normally wear a 6 1/2 or 7.  I wear a 6 in these shoes.  I'd order a 1/2 size down.

Here are a few more creations with the Converse...
Camo Tee:  Exact shirt from Target here.
Grey Tank:  Exact tank here from Target.
Vigoss Jeans:  Exact jeans here.
Converse:  Nordstrom here.

Apparently I think Converse and Camo belong together!  haha!

Jacket:  Similar jacket here.
Grey Tee:  Think it's exact (might be super similar) shirt here from Gap.  It's under $12 now!
Tank:  Similar here from Gap.
Camo Pants:  I couldn't find anything similar in the camo pant department.  Sorry!  :(
Converse:  Nordstrom here.

Thank you, Sheaffer!!
We're all looking good because of your hard work AND your bossiness!  ;)  Looking forward to "nailing" another look!!   XOXO

Find me on Facebook here.
Check out my Pinterest boards here.
Follow me on Bloglovin here.
Follow me on Instagram.  I'm "slaughteren".


Mix and Match Mama said...

You absolutely nailed that look! You look fabulous in those Converse! Love, love, love them!! And you are so right...we have one BOSSY friend ;).

Brianna Deneen said...

Love your outfits! The Converse shoes are really, really popular in Sweden (where my husband is from) and now I have seen they are coming back here too:) We are always asked to buy at least a few pairs for family/friends in Sweden when we go there because they are $120 US dollars there! They look adorable with your 'nailed' look!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

You did! You NAILED IT! How have we lived so long without these shoes? And now...just so you know....I feel like I NEED the plain white for spring and summer. They are just so fresh! LOVE YOU friend!!!!

Narci said...

Gosh, the white are so cute on you!!! My favorite is the last look, but I love them all! Darling!!

Lisa Iwasyk said...

So cute! I am following all of you ladies and hopefully when the weather up here in Chicago (it's snowing again!!) clears, I can put some of these looks together! You should do a post on your haircut! I can't really tell if you have shorter layers in the back?! But I love it!

V @ X-tremely V said...

Too funny! Love the looks with converse! I have the white ones too and they really do go with everything...especially camo! I have the exact camo tee too! I think I actually wore that exact outfit just the other day! lol!

Alison @ Get Your Pretty On said...

Every single thing about you is ADORABLE! Love these looks so much.

Bethany Halpern said...

Erika you are too cute! The Converse look great on you. I'm still where you were a few weeks ago. I just don't feel like they are me.

Cathy and Marshall said...

The gingham and cardigan look is adorable! I, too, have never considered Converse my thing, but you are so cute in yours!

Sarah said...

question: When you wear your white shirts, do you wear a nude tank under it, or does it not need anything? Love all these looks! I need to start pinning them so I can copy them, I never remember to do that!

Sarah said...

Oops, I posted that comment on the wrong blog! Too many windows open. But I love that you copied the look but sort of made it your own too. Love Sheaffer and all her outfit choices.

Kim Kauffman said...

You are seriously so cute in every single outfit! Love it all!!

Elaine Welte said...

Yes, I'm on the hunt for a pair of converse too after her post!