Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Top Three

Girls!!!  I was ON A MISSION for all of you!  Let me just say...I can't even tell you how much time Ebby Lee and I spent at Ulta scanning the nail polish aisles.  It was a fabulous bonding experience.  :)  I even let her choose her very favorite.  But first I want to share my favorites with you.  Today's Top Three...my very favorite spring/summer nail polish!!


This is from OPI's new Brazil collection.  I think this is THE perfect bright coral.  It's not too pink or too red.  It's absolutely perfect!  Trust me!!


Sometimes you don't want a super bright color for summer, right??  This is also from OPI's Brazil collection and I love it!  The picture doesn't do it justice.  It's a pretty shimmery purple.  



During all of my nail polish research, I learned white is really "in" for nails.  I found this really light blue (from Essie's Resort Collection) and I knew it would be my go-to "white" for the summer.  White is SO difficult to use and still make your nails look good.  This was a little tricky for me too, but not NEAR as tough as white.  I loved the little hint of blue in this color.  Shay and I were just discussing this week how these lighter colors really make your summer tan pop!  


I know technically this is number four, but you're going to want to hear about this color too.  My super sweet friend, Narci, gave me some of this Elephantastic Pink and Oh. My. Word!!  I LOVE the color!  It's the perfect bright pink for summer!  I'm gonna go ahead and say that my girl, Narci, knows her pink nail polish!  



And...just for fun.  This is the color Ebby Lee chose.  After ALL our research, she thought she needed yellow!  

If you have a very favorite go-to spring/summer color, PLEASE share!!  I'd love to add it to my nail polish research!!  Thank you!!

16 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

And now, I have to buy nail polish today. Seriously. My fingers and toes got excited about this post!! XOXO

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Oooh! LOVE that first coral color. Buying that FO SHO. :)

Brooke Haas said...

These are such beautiful bright fun spring/summer colors! I am loving Pink Vortex by China Glaze also. Soooo pretty, thanks for sharing!

Narci D said...

I love live, live Carnival, and I am so intrigued by the white nail polish!! I can't wait to try it!! Also, I love that EL picked out yellow!! Perfect!! :)

Dani @ Adventures of a Pharm Girl said...

OMG this was my 'favorite thing' from the link up yesterday! I loovee a good polish ! check it out :)
danispharm.blogspot.com

Tanya said...

Love these shades, especially Carnaval! Maybe I will have to get brave and try the white/light colors!

Meredith Hellman said...

I love Fiji by Essie and mint candy apple.. They are perfect for spring!

V @ X-tremely V said...

I love finding new polish colors for each season! Thanks Erika!

Darcy said...

I was just shopping for nail polish on ULTA online last night since we don't live near one, and they have an OPI Mini Set ($13 for 4 mini polishes) of the Brazil collection that includes The Bikini Zone (link here: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod6410034) I bought it, and the other Brazil mini collection. I like the mini's because I never go thru a whole bottle, and this way I can get a lot of colors for less! :)

Lauren @ My Slice of Life said...

Love this post! I can't wait to get new polishes for spring and summer! Definitely will have to try some of these suggestions. :)

Micah said...

I'm wearing Live, Love, Carnival right now--people ask me about the color all the time. I love it!

Elaine Welte said...

Love the first one!

Marissa and Alisa {All In Good Twine} said...

Love the coral color! I have been looking for a new color and this one is calling my name! Thanks for the tip :)

Melissa said...

I am glad I went out and bought this polish. My toes are definitely happier wearing Live Love Carnival:)

KeepCalmAnd LoveFirstGrade said...

Our favorite is Essie's Bikini So Teeny!
Mommy and Tatti
Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Our Wonderland

Olivia said...

Obsessed with this post! I love nail polish! What a cool white/blue color and I like the pink too.