Thursday, April 3, 2014

Easter Craft

You guys!!!  This craft is SO easy and SO cute!!

My facebook friend, Christen, put a picture of her and her kiddo making this Easter egg burlap banner and I instantly fell in love.  The banner was adorable!!   She gave me some instructions and off to Hobby Lobby we went!!

You'll need:
Burlap
Scissors
Marker
White Paint
Paintbrushes
Newspaper
Painter's Tape or Masking Tape
Ribbon

First you need to cut out eggs (freehand style is what I did).  I cut 8 eggs.  The burlap is SO messy...prepare yourself!

Then I taped the paper down and taped the eggs down too.  I also taped the stripe design on the eggs.  You could do chevron or vertical lines.  You could get really tricky and do polka dots??

I let each kiddo paint four eggs.  I used white tempura paint (which is washable).

They had a fabulous time painting.  They both enjoyed it.  (Usually Nix only does a craft for about two minutes...ha!)

 When they were finished, I evened the paint out and made sure all the burlap was covered.  Then we let them sit overnight to dry.

 Christen used those cute little clothespins to hang her eggs.  I forgot to get the clothespins so I hot glued the eggs to the lace ribbon.  LOVE the way it turned out!!!  It adds the right amount of "Easter" to our mantle.

Thanks for the inspiration, Christen!!!

You should give it a try!!!

12 comments:

Melissa Kelly said...

That is such a cut banner and I love that the kids could help paint it. We are so doing this at our house.
Totally random, but I love the rug below the table they are painting on. Where is it from?

Mix and Match Mama said...

Look at that! Sooooooo cute!! Next time, please invite my kids over when you do crafts. I really feel like you're going to have to teach them this stuff...because we all know, it won't be me!

Dawn said...

So cute! Love!

April Parrish said...

Love this! Turned out very pretty!

Hayley Chandler said...

That's adorable!!! It looks relatively easy, too. I even think my non-crafty self could do that!!! Thanks for sharing!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

Totally doing this with my kiddos this weekend!!! LOVE this craft!!! Thanks, girly! :)

Elaine Welte said...

How fun!

Darcy said...

I love how simple & cute this is! I don't go to big with Easter decorations (let's be honest - I don't go big with ANY holiday's decorations) but this might have to make an appearance in our home. Thanks for the tutorial! :)

V @ X-tremely V said...

I absolutely love that banner! So cute and looks pretty easy too :) Maybe I will have to give this a try this weekend with my little guy.

Olivia said...

I love this! I'm going to try this!

Shelby said...

CUTEST Easter craft ever!!! <3 <3 I am totally doing this with my kiddies!! :)

Shabby Baker said...

Wow, that was pretty cool and clever. It's really nice to see these beautiful Easter crafts for kids done by these lovely children. Thanks for sharing inspiration.