Monday, April 21, 2014

Our Easter Weekend

Friday, we went to the gym and just a few minutes into my workout Bowen had a nasty fall.  One of the childcare workers came to get me so I could check it out.  After calling a friend, I knew he'd be fine.  But...we came home and I let them get crazy nasty outside with sidewalk paint!  I noticed this random Jesus sticker on Bowen's back while we were outside.  I posted this on IG and I LOVED Britteny's hashtag #jesushashisback!!!  haha!!

It started out all fun and games and then...

Things got NASTY!!!  hahaha!  They were a MESS!

But they had a BLAST and told me several times it was the BEST DAY EVER!!
Just for the record her leggings already had the splattered paint look.  :)

Friday night we celebrated Nixon's birthday with a few friends at Main Event. (Because a week of celebrating isn't enough, right?)

Love these crazies!!




Happiest kiddo ever!!



Andrew's hand was in the way!!!  I looked down at the boys and they BOTH had their tongues out!!  haha!

Like father, like son??

Presley knows a thing or two about hunting...check this girl out!  



Birthdays are officially OVER!!!  Boy, we had so much fun celebrating!!  And...my kiddos were so glad to see these friends return from vacation!  :)

Saturday, Nixon had a t-ball game bright and early.  We followed the game with the McAnally's Monster Birthday Party.  It was SO cute!!  We had plans to go to our church's Easter Egg-stravaganza, but Ebby Lee started running a fever.  I think it was only her allergies!  Whew!  She took a 4 1/2 hour nap!!!  And...seemed to be doing much better.

Be still my heart!!!

Somebody wasn't feeling the picture thing...



It never worked out for us!!!  Keepin' it REAL!! 

M & G came to church with us and then we came back to our house for lunch.

We headed home for lunch and then everyone enjoyed an Easter nap!!  Perfection in my book!!

Hope you had a GREAT Easter weekend!!!

11 comments:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Great pics! Loved the ones of your kids on the porch!

Mix and Match Mama said...

So happy to be home and sharing in your weekend! We love spending time with the Slaughter five!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

LOVE Bowen's Jesus sticker.... too funny! And I don't think I've ever seen him NOT smile for a picture. Apparently he didn't get the memo that Easter pics are kind of a big deal :) He probably knew that he still looked adorable :)

Soci 103-003 Social Problems said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haley Bishop said...

LOVE the Easter outfits, adorable! We got sidewalk paint from the Easter bunny and that's about how ours turned out too :) SO much fun though!

Liz/ said...

Such sweet pictures from Easter and I love the last family picture, looking good!

Rachel said...

Gorgeous Easter photos of a gorgeous family! Love the kids' outfits!
www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

Melissa Kelly said...

The side walk paints looks like it was a huge hit! Love the family Easter picture shot. We couldn't get ours together in the church clothes, we were having to pick our battles.

Narci said...

A few things: First, your biceps in your shadow look amazing. I love the outtakes on the porch--Ebby Lee and Nixon were trying so hard to keep it together!So sweet!

Soci 103-003 Social Problems said...

Love your dress! Where is it from?

Lora G said...

Your little family is so cute! Love that last picture :)