Friday, May 9, 2014

5 on Friday-Mother's Day Edition

In honor of Mother's Day, this 5 on Friday is all about Mother's Day from the past...
Mother's Day and Bowen's Baby Dedication

Funny Story-my mom was in town and Tab was so sweet.  The two of us went out for shopping and pedicures while he watched the kiddos.  We met up with Gary and Marla for a mexican-themed dinner out.  I made a big deal about how we were gonna treat the moms!  Thing BIG deal!  ha!  And...come to find out, somehow Tab and I BOTH didn't have money with us so we had to take back the part about treating moms and ask somebody to pay for ours!!  haha!  We paid them back and still got to treat, but it was hilarious!

Look how little!!!

Mother's Day and Nixon's Baby Dedication
I know there is SO much wall in this picture.  We had a high school boy take it for us, and we couldn't bear the thought of asking him to take we went with it!  ha! 

Just for fun....look who else got dedicated with Nix??  Do you recognize that baby boy and his mama??  Love that we have these pictures of the kiddos together from WAY back!  

Mother's Day and Ebby Lee's baby dedication
The year I became a mama.  Whew!  Talk about crazy, scary, life-changing year, but one of the absolute BEST years of my life!

Another friend dedication picture....Ebby Lee and her sweet friend, Kirby, have also been friends since birth.

Here are a few little Mom funnies...

And...what Mother's Day is all about...

"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie."
-Tenneva Jordan

I was TRULY blessed with a GREAT mama!!  She would do ANYTHING for me or my kiddos!  And as a mom, she has taught me SO much just by her example.  I'm so excited to get to spend this holiday with her!!  Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!!  Love you!!


Mix and Match Mama said...

Here's the probably would have had the money to pay for dinner if you had been carrying a purse...

Just sayin'...


Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Hahahahaha! Laughing so hard at Shay's comment. And listen Erika, I want to treat you to lunch next weekend just because I love you. I may or may not have my purse with me. ;)

Slightly Askew Designs said...

Shay's comment just made me laugh out loud :) Andthe picture of Smith and Nixon is precious!!!

Lindsay Llambes said...

What a sweet post! Motherhood looks good on you :). I also love the chevron skirt from last year!

Susanne said...

I absolutely LOVE your hair in the first picture. That's how I always try to get mine to look and it doesn't. Could you do a tutorial for how you get those curls and bangs? Please? :)

V @ X-tremely V said...

What adorable photos from each year! That wall space is hilarious though!

Happy Mother's Day Erika!

Darcy said...

Your last quote is one of my favorites. :) Happy Mother's Day!

Rachel said...

Such sweet photos from past years!!
Love those e-cards :)
Happy Mother's Day Erika!!