Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Few Confessions

Happy Tuesday!!!  I read another blog post similar to this one a while back and just thought it was fun!  I don't even remember where I saw it!  Anyway, today I'm confessing some RANDOMNESS...

*This one goes WAY back...I'm from Missouri.  Know who else is from Missouri?  NELLY!!  I'm a closet-Nelly fan!  I MAY have even attended a concert in college.  Do you guys remember "Country Grammar"??  I had the edited version of the cd, and I clearly remember the first time I heard the unedited version!!  EEK!  So, I should say...I'm a closet-Nelly (edited version) fan!  :)

*On that same note, I'm super un-technological.  I do have songs on my I-Phone that I'll listen to while at the gym.  I have NO clue how to make a "playlist", so during my workout the song could go from some Nelly song to "Carol of the Bells" Christmas music!!  haha!

*In the third grade a group of girls in my class all wanted to change our names.  For some crazy reason our third grade teacher let us write these new names on our papers?!  The name I chose for myself is something I made up and when I think of it I LAUGH!!  You ready?  KRISELLE  (Pronounced: Kris-ell) That was my third grade name!  ha!

*Does anybody else ever do this??  Sometimes (especially during football season when Tab is gone a lot) I'll reward myself with a late night snack.  Think...it's a Saturday and I have all three kiddos all day and all night because Tab is out of town at a game, so when all kiddos are in bed I think to myself, "Great job, Mama" and I have dessert.  :)  Anybody else??

*Sometimes we go to the grocery store looking EXACTLY like this!!  A sweet reader, Carol, can testify!  I thought we'd just run in the store for a few minutes.  You know how it is...by the time you change everyone's clothes, fix everyone's hair, get everyone's shoes...thirty minutes have gone by...EASILY!  So...yesterday we headed to the store JUST LIKE THIS!  Bowen didn't even have shoes on!!!  EEK!!  I know!  hahaha!  We were a HOT MESS!!  Swim suit, cover-up, crazy hair, and no shoes!!  75% of the time I have it all together, but I confess...25% of the time we are a MESS!!  hahaha!

There you have it...a few of my confessions!  Thanks for stopping by, today!!

20 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

I am dying over you changing your name!!! When I was about that age, I wanted a common name (because I was tired of being the only Shay and thought it would be cooler to have a name with an initial after it in class...like Jennifer L.). And yes, all week while Andrew has been gone, I've been rewarding myself with a sweet treat at night...and maybe a little online shopping :).

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Krissel? Now THAT is hilarious. And just fyi, from now on I'm going to be calling you Krissel whenever I feel like the situation calls for it. :) This was a really cute post!

Kimm Atwood said...

Love this post!!!! And it's funny about changing your name,,,when I was in elementary school very other person was named Kim , so feeling the need to be different and refusing to be called kimberly, I decided that I would spell my name with two M's and all these years later I'm still Kimm!! Lol. Happy Tuesday!!!

Narci said...

Haha. I love this! Love you, Kriselle! ;)

Katie Smith said...

This is such a fun post, I completely agree with rewarding yourself and I do it too, lol!! We also get to the store however we can too!!!!:) Nelly edited is cool:)

Dani {Adventures of a Pharm Girl} said...

Haha I love the name Erika! So glad you decided to stick with it! And props to you for for going to the store just as you are. I hate it when I go and people like stop and stare if you're wearing sweat pants or a swim suit cover up! I'm thinking look people, I'm doing the same exact thing you're doing only in a beach cover up ;) haha thanks for sharing!
xo Dani

Jessica said...

Closet Nelly fan here too! I had to have my mom by the cd for my boyfriend because I was too young! Haha!

Brianna said...

No shame on going to the grocery store like that...it's SUMMER and you have three kiddos. Y'all are adorable!! And kudos to you on treating yourself, especially when Tab is out of town. You deserve it! You rock!!

Brianna
xobriannaleigh.com

Andrea said...

Love these kinds of posts! Thanks for keeping it real :) it is always nice to see the shiny happy posts that everyone seems to have, but also nice to know you are down to earth too!
Also, my name was Anna Lisa.. seriously, I had my mom buy me a necklace that I wore around with the name on it! ha..

Kathy Olson said...

Yes, I totally get that dessert thing. I think moms deserve that when their husbands are away.

And you look cute in that photo with the kids!

V @ X-tremely V said...

You are always so relatable Erika! And now your confessions make you even more relatable!!!
Changing your name to Krissell? That is hilarious! I used to change my middle name was I was younger because it was so different..LeOta. I changed it to Lee to be more "normal". lol! Now I love it!
Don't be a closet fan of Nelly!!! I used to love Nelly back in the day and honestly I still do! His songs are catchy and fun to dance or workout too :)

Liz/ said...

Love confession posts, so fun!!!

Ashley Alcorn said...

Shout out from a fellow Missouri girl! Woot-woot! Love you fun blog!

Ashley @ workitmama.blogspot.com

rackersfamily said...

Every time we go to St. LOUIS I sing "you can find me in st. Louie" love me some Nelly!

Misty said...

Love this post!! Nelly fan here too. I know every.single.word to country grammar still. And now I've got it stuck in my head....down down baby yo street in a range rover :)

Shelby said...

I loved this post!! And I am glad I am not the only one who will let my kids go without shoes in public places sometimes!! lol! ;)

meg said...

I definitely reward myself with ice cream (or whatever sounds good!) after a long day, and especially when my husband is out of town for work!! Fun post!!

Melanie Lien said...

I love this post. I agree with the sometimes you just have to go somewhere looking a hot mess. I went to the pool after work yesterday, but I also had to stop off and pick up dinner. It was bad!

AmyJo said...

I tried to change my name to Sara at the same age. It broke my Mom's heart so I guess I'll always be an AmyJo (with no middle name/no way out!). Ha!

swapna rajesh said...

HI youi have a good blog and its very interesting and also there is useful information which may help me cotton kurtis