Monday, July 14, 2014

Missouri Road Trip


On Monday morning BRIGHT and EARLY, the kiddos and I started our road trip to Missouri!!  Tab has his football clinic every year on the same weekend.  All the football officials have to take a test and every year he does tons of crazy studying that week.  So..I thought it'd be great if we were out of the house!  After 9 hours in the car, we FINALLY made it!!  The kiddos were GREAT!  Except...the first three hours Bowen was on repeat, "Get Awt (Out) Mama" over and over again!!!

Tuesday we did LOTS of swimming!!

They LOVED having a diving board all week.

My parents got this blow up slide for their pool.  Super fun!!




My mom saved all my Barbie stuff so Ebby Lee is in HEAVEN playing with ALL those Barbies!!

We visited my "Campbell" side of the family and I sent these to one of my cousins...hahahaha!  I'm sure when he got them he thought he was totally missing out, right?  

He might have been thankful!  hahaha!



We got back to my parent's house and there were TONS of lightning bugs flying around their yard.  We instantly headed out to catch some.  After LOTS of running around, we only had two!  haha!

Wednesday morning we got up and shot off some fireworks in our pajamas!!!  #countryliving

Ebby Lee was all about throwing those snap things.

The purple smoke bomb...her favorite!  Nixon was probably hiding behind a tree right about now.  :)

Boo shot off some day time parachutes.  SO much fun chasing after those things!

He crawled out from behind the tree for that!

Then it was back inside for a little tv time.  Bowen wasn't feeling it!  

Cape has a really cute water park.  We met lots of family on Wednesday afternoon.  B took another nap!

My kiddos had a blast on the slides, lazy river, and in the pool!!


Then it was off to Aunt Rene's house for dinner!!

You guys!!! hahahaha!!  Me and my hats!  When will I learn that I wear them WAY too low??  hahaha!!  Anyway, a girl cousin picture!!!

After dinner, Aunt Rene' had planned a super cute and educational treasure hunt for the kiddos.

With SUPER great prizes!!!  Ebby Lee and Brynn were rocking dress-up clothes during the hunt!!

Thursday evening...my grandparents, aunt, and cousins came over.  Ebby Lee had a "recital" for everyone.  She's all about the piano right now and wants to ask Santa for a keyboard!!! 

Then we all went to Fisherman's Net for dinner.  It's the restaurant where I worked all throughout high school!!  Brought back SO many memories!!!

Aunt Gina (my mom's twin sister), Nix, and Grandpa

Catfish and onion rings??  Yes, please!!

After dinner it was FIREWORK TIME!!!

We all got cozy in our chairs.

Did anyone else light one of these lanterns??  They were SO cool!!!  Just like the lanterns on Tangled!!  My mom was terrified they were gonna start a forest fire!  haha!

This boy is a MESS!

My sweet girl!!


Sparklers!!!  Right after this picture, Nixon threw his down.  haha!

This is a REAL firework!!!!  The dog poops!!!  

Brynn came over on Friday to swim!!

We went for a four-wheeler ride....this is mid-ride!!

This kid wanted to do NOTHING but "sing"!!!

Bowen ended the trip JUST LIKE THIS!!!  Red marker ALL over his face!!!

We had a wonderful week in Missouri making some GREAT memories!!

19 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Oh my goodness! What a fun time you guys had!!! I mean seriously...you did so many fun things! Missed you guys and I'm so glad you're home :).

Melissa Kelly said...

So much fun. Those purple smoke bombs and the inflatable slide look like a blast. Glad you are back safe from all of your adventures.

Kimm Atwood said...

Glad you had such a wonderful trip! Always fun to go "home" to see family. Happy Monday

kelly said...

You and you're fam are gorgeous! Can you tell us where you got your daughters dress she wore when catching fireflys?

Tab & Erika said...

Kelly...the dress is Vintage Couture. I know they're online but they might be a home-based trunk show type of company.

Tab & Erika said...

And...why do we call them "lightning bugs"??? Firefly sounds so much nicer!!!! Hahaha!!!

Narci said...

What a fun trip!! Glad you had so much fun!!!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

Cracks me up that Ebby Lee was all about the fireworks and Nix not so much.... I thought it would be the other way around :) Glad y'all had a great time - but extra glad you're back!!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I'm glad y'all had fun, but thank heavens you're home! That pic of the kids in the car...Bowen looks SOOOOO old! I could bawl my head off!

Stephanie Reynolds said...

Hi Erika, wondering what kind of teeth whitener you use? your teeth are so bright white! Very pretty :)

Tab & Erika said...

Stephanie! Thank you!! I use regular old Crest white strips! They really work for me. :)

Maddy Haggerty said...

Your kids are the cutest!! Is there anyway you could tell me where you got your jean shorts?! I love the color/wash of them! Thank you:)

Kimm Atwood said...

About the hat...I wear mine the same way,,,I don't think it's too low,,,if it's not that low I think it looks weird. Lol

Tab & Erika said...

They're from Gap...I think I linked to them on a What I Wore Wednesday post.

mrspacman said...

Erika your skin looks amazing in all your pictures! If I could afford rodan & fields I would buy thrum you.

The Rimke Chronicles said...

Your family's house looks like SO much fun!!! And I love all the activities!

Rachel said...

That close-up of you and E.L. is so beautiful!
Love that she played with your Barbies :)
What a nice trip!

www.floralandfudge.blogspot.com

Tab & Erika said...

MrsPacMan...you're so sweet! Thanks for the compliment!! Be looking for some more R & F giveaways!!!

Jaime said...

I just have to tell you what beautiful skin you have!! I'm really jealous!!:)