Tuesday, September 30, 2014

October Bucket List


October might be my very FAVORITE month EVER!!!  There are SO many GREAT things to do and the weather is always beautiful here in Texas!  I haven't done a "Bucket List" post in a while, but we have so many fun things planned I think I need to share!  Maybe you'll find a little idea or inspiration for you and your people too!  Happy October Eve!!  :)


We started this tradition a few years ago and my kids seriously talk about the fair ALL YEAR LONG!  They love it!!  We're looking forward to our annual trip!



There isn't much I love more than taking the kiddos to the pumpkin patch.  I absolutely LOVE it!  I can imagine myself dragging three teenagers to this same pumpkin patch ten or twelve years from now.  :)



Batman, Iron-Man, and a Lion last year.  :)
Our Bible Fellowship Group at church always has a big Halloween party.  The kiddos dress up.  We all bring yummy meals in slow cookers.  It's just always a good time!  This year it's on a night Tab can come!!  He usually has to miss for football, so it'll be extra special.  :)



I'm cracking up at Ebby Lee's face!!!  hahahahaha!  Last year we headed to the Arboretum for the first time and I was so impressed!!  There was SO much to do with the kiddos.  I remember two things...1. Thinking I should bring the kids back because we missed a ton.  2. And...it was incredibly HOT!  haha!  I tried to dress us "fallish" for some cute pics with all the pumpkins and an hour in we were ALL sweating!!  We're making another trip this year with some friends!


Pumpkin Carving

We'll carve our pumpkin (or two or three).  As crazy as it sounds, I usually just grab a pumpkin from the grocery store.  Mamas with littles...you feel me, right?  It's way easier to throw some pumpkins in a cart rather than haul your kiddos AND pumpkins around at the pumpkin patch.  (I LOVE the pumpkin patch, but keeping up with the kiddos AND purchasing pumpkins there has always been TOO much!  haha!).  This year I'm looking forward to seriously choosing some pumpkins from the patch!!



We'll go trick-or-treating dressed up in our Halloween costumes.  The odds of Bowen looking like he did last year are really high.  By the end of the night last year, he was down to not much of his costume.  I predict that happens again!  haha!  

I have some other fun things thrown in the mix as well.  We'll eat mummy dogs, do a Halloween craft, and enjoy lots of "pumpkin" recipes!!  The Slaughters are going to have a great October!  Hope you and your family do too!!  Happy October Eve!!

16 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Yay!! I love your plans for October!!! It's going to be a GREAT month!

Narci said...

So fun!!! Sounds like a great month!!!

Emmy said...

I agree with you about going to the pumpkin patch but not buying the pumpkins there! Plus, who wants to pay by the pound when I can go to aldi and get a giant one for $3?? Enjoy October, it's my favorite month too!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

WooHoo October!!!! Now, if somebody would just tell the weather it's October we would be all set!

kimm atwood said...

Love love love October!!!

Lauren said...

October looks like it's going to be so much fun and full of great memories! Enjoy it!

Leigh said...

Sounds like a fun month you have planned! I've never bought a pumpkin at the pumpkin patch; it's too much with littles and their stuff and your stuff and pumpkins. I always buy from the grocery store too. My there year old has never been trick or treating. That sounds horrible I know but he will not wear a costume (seriously hates them) and is allergic to most candy. I want to find something special to do instead of trick or treating.

Tracy said...

Love all the fun fall things you have planned! Makes me miss those times when my kids were little. I always bought grocery story pumpkins for carving and let them get a small pumpkin (something they could carry) at the pumpkin patch. Now that they're older teens they still enjoy hayrides and corn mazes so that'll be our fall fun!

audra wray said...

How fun!!! I can't believe it is October tomorrow! May the pumpkin carving begin!

Queen In Between said...

If you have any tips on how to "do" the Texas State Fair I'd love to hear them! I can't believe as a native Texan that I have never been! I'm hoping to bring my kids mid October.

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

I love Oct too, and here in Canada, Its Thanksgiving too

Wendy B said...

Our small group always has a pumpkin carving party. We always have so much fun! We've done soups or have taken the easy route and ordered pizza. I love making cute invitations with BYOP at the bottom Bring Your Own Pumpkin :). Happy Fall!

Renae said...

Yippee, for October! I can't wait to go to the Fair, its a tradition for my family as well.

Courtney said...

I hear ya, girl. I, too, buy my kids' pumpkins at the grocery store, just like you and several of your readers do. Last year I bought " the perfect pumpkin" for just $3! Everyone commented how "perfect" it was too... And what a bargain! Love your blog....
Courtney in MI

Jamie {the celebrating momma} said...

Oh I love October too! Everything on your list sounds like so much fun! Yay for Tab being able to go to the Harvest Party! My husband has to miss a lot because of his job so I know how exciting it is to get to have your husband with you at special events! Enjoy!

V @ X-tremely V said...

Sounds like a great Fall list to me! I am hoping to visit the apple orchard and maybe find a pumpkin patch too!