Thursday, October 9, 2014

Friday Favorites


It's Friday!!!  Andrea, Narci, and I are sharing our Friday Favorites.  You can join us, grab the button, link-up, and join the fun!

#1 Cute Kiddos in Sunglasses
This picture is one of my new faves!!  hahahahaha!  Nixon and Presley were crazy in their mamas' sunglasses!  hahaha!

Thank you again to everyone who has prayed for, donated and showed some love to the Maxwell family.  This 5K and Fun Run is being held in Manda's honor on Saturday, December 13th and all proceeds to benefit her family.  Click HERE for more info.  If you're local, PLEASE come out and participate!  It's going to be a super family-friendly event with bounce houses, food, vendors, a silent auction, and more.  Lots of family fun!

#3 Pumpkin Patch Trip #1
Last weekend, the kiddos and I met one of my besties from college, Erin, at a pumpkin patch.  I LOVE pumpkin patches!  I love everything about them!  The weather was cool, so I did what I do every year and dressed the kiddos in fall clothes.  By 11:30, we were all SWEATING and HOT!  hahaha!

Nixon tried to make a face in every cut out.  haha!  He didn't believe in JUST smiling!

For some reason (maybe the dark hair?) Bowen for about the last six months has called Narci, "Dora".  But he says it in a super cute almost two-year-old voice, so it sounds like "Dorwda".  Anyway, we took this picture beside Dora for Mrs. Narci.  :)  This pumpkin patch has wooden cutouts of almost every character I could think of.  They kiddos thought that was super cool.

The big kids went up and down this slide numerous times!

Then THIS happened!!  (For this picture I was standing on a lookout.)  We came to the hay maze that had a sign saying, "For Children Only".  Erin and I encouraged the big kiddos to go in.  They were a little apprehensive.  I had NO clue why!  A couple kids went in front of them and I told them to follow those kids.  Long story short, I just hadn't realized how big and crazy this hay maze actually was!  There was no way for parents to really get in other than this lookout.  When I stepped up onto this platform to look for them, I started sweating!!!  Erin and I spread out around it to start shouting their name, but LUCKILY they came out about five seconds after this picture!  Whew!

The horse was a BIG hit!

Roomies from college!  We showed up BOTH wearing gingham and orange earrings!  haha!

Check out this girl's witch face!!

They thought this old school merry-go-round was the coolest!!  Thank you to the one dad who pushed all the kiddos.  Seriously, thank you!!  Remember I was dressed in fall clothes and sweating?  haha!

Nixon's cowboy face??  This boy keeps me on my toes and I'm usually laughing!

#4 Rodan and Fields

Check out these before/afters...she started using the Unblemish regimen to get rid of her acne and then switched to Redefine to fight the fine lines/wrinkles.  Love that transformation in five months!!

E-mail me if you want to learn more about the perfect products for you!

#5 My Boys
One day last week the boys and I stopped by Sonic's Happy Hour for some drinks.  Then we walked to school to get Ebby Lee. Saturday, October 18th, from 2:00-4:00 p.m. there will be a Zumbathon to raise money for Manda.  Let me just say that I am NOT a dancer.  I repeat.  I am NOT a dancer, but I'll be there with my three kiddos.  We'll be dancing, being silly, AND supporting Manda!  If you're local, you should come!

#7 Texas State Fair
Something I love just as much as a pumpkin patch is the Texas State Fair.  The Slaughters are headed there this weekend!  I'll have lots of pictures for you next week!

Hope you have a GREAT weekend!!

Join us and link-up with your faves!


audra wray said...

Yay for the fair and pumpkin patch!!!

Andrea @ The Pineapple Cake said...

What a fun looking weekend you and your family had!!
I absolutely love the pumpkin patch and the hay maze. It looks like so much fun!

kimm atwood said...

Fantastic favorites! Though we aren't local and can't participate, shirt has been ordered and we are praying for Manda! And seriously it's just wrong to be sweating at a pumpkin's October we should be able to wear our fall clothes and not sweat have a great weekend

Mix and Match Mama said...

I love the pumpkin patch pictures! Sweet Ebby Lee's face is PRICELESS as a witch :). I also love how you and Erin are twinkies ;).

Narci said...

I love that picture of Presley and Nixon! Also. Dora loves Bowen! I'm sure he'll figure out soon that I'm nor really Dora but what a fun memory!!! Xoxo

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

The whole post was fun (loved all the pics of the kids!)..but those Before and After RandF pictures are AMAZING!

Cat W said...

I love that you and your friend showed up to the pumpkin patch wearing basically the same thing! Looks like you all had a blast, minus the scary kids maze. Thanks for hosting the link-up.

Erika Slaughter said...

I know!! Fall activities are the best!

Erika Slaughter said...

It was fun...until I saw the view from the top of the maze!! Haha!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!!! And...I completely agree!! Just don't think Texas does. ;)

the girl in the red shoes said...

What a fun trip to the pumpkin patch! I wish ours was that cute!

Anonymous said...

Loved your kids fall clothes. They look darling!!

Katy Tarbutton said...

I laughed out loud at the maze!!!! I have that gingham shirt!!! One of my new favs!

Katie {The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

Adorable kiddos in Sunglasses!! I am new to R+F regimens and have been using the reverse (since the first of August) for sun spots!! I am on my second round of it. (if that makes any sense at all!) I keep forgetting to take pics but I do think its been working!!! Have a great weekend and lots of fun at the state fair.

gypsy soul interiors said...

Which pumpkin patch did y'all go to? It looks so fun!