Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What We Wore


Okay, after my "What I Would Wear to a Variety of Different Football Games" post last week I learned a couple things...

1.  Lots of you with Maroon and Gold as your "colors" didn't know there was such a cute option as this sweater...
Thank you guys for all the sweet comments!!!

2.  This new twist on my "What I Wore" posts needs a shorter name.

3.  Apparently I wasn't the only one with a crush on him. :)
It seems like most of you could totally relate.  haha!! 

This week I'm highlighting a couple other requests and then I'm going to travel to see some NFL games next week.  That should be fun, huh??

I'm starting off this week in Lincoln, Nebraska, home of the CORNHUSKERS!  

I'm basing my entire outfit on this vest!  It's under $40 from Old Navy.  I ordered it a couple weeks ago and I LOVE it!  I'd also love the weather here in Texas to allow me to wear it ASAP, but that's another story.  :)

This tee is cute but is only available in small.

This cute grey option is available in all sizes.  It'd be adorable with the red vest!


These new Lucky brand leopard flats would be adorable and super comfortable for the football game.


 Time to head over to South Carolina for a Clemson Tiger's football game!!

You guys know orange has been the HARDEST color ever for me to find right now...so I tweaked it a bit and went for a more "coral" look.  Please understand Clemson fans. :)
This charcoal jacket has a knit geometric print back and is adorable!!  The back has a coral print.  You have to check it out!  Last year there was a similar jacket...in a mustard, but I'm LOVING the coral.  I might have seen this in a store last week and already snagged one for myself.  :)

Paired with these destroyed skinnies....perfection!

I'd top it all off with these Sole Society booties.


 On to North Carolina for a little Tarheels football!

This is the PERFECT top for a UNC game!

I'm a huge fan of this sweater vest!!  Shay and I were shopping the other day and we spotted it.  IF I knew I'd be cheering on the Tarheels, I for sure would have grabbed it!  It'd look great over that chiffon top.

These Vigoss bootcut jeans are on sale for under $36.  

The perfect cognac bootie to complete the look. :)


 Next stop...Fresno State to cheer on the BULLDOGS!!

I'm loving this Free People top for a Fresno State game.  How cool are the sleeves??

And...these Old Navy boyfriend jeans would look great with that top.



My last stop on this trip is Penn State!!

I've featured this toggle vest before, but I had to show you again!!  How cute would this be for a Penn State game?

This cable knit sweater would look great under the vest.  The sweater comes in a variety of colors...mustard, green, burgundy, and more.

And...I'd pair them with these skinny jeans. :)

And...these Toms' flats would be the perfect addition to the Penn State outfit!

Hope you guys enjoyed the trip this week!!  Have a GREAT day!

18 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Woohoo! Such cute stuff!! This post makes me want to wear my red puffer vest and striped shirt today :).

Rachel - Floral and Fudge said...

Love that red vest--go Huskers!!
And the navy toggle vest--swoon! Just waiting for someone to invite me to a Penn State game now :)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

My navy vest came in and the medium was perfect for me! It is seriously cute! I haven't worn it out of the house yet, but I've already put it into 2 outfit recreations! You'll see it on Monday in an outfit! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I kept the medium too!!!

Narci said...

those Toms ballet flats are so cute! Also, that cable knit sweater looks so cozy under that vest! Come one fall weather! :)

Dani {Adventures of a Pharm Girl} said...

I love the Clemson coral top! Go Tigers :)

Katherine said...

I love, love to toggle vest. Thanks for the post and can't wait for the NFL outfit ideas. My college doesn't have a football team soI don't have a college to dress up for.

Stacy P. said...

Im feeling you with the orange! We cheer for Univ of Tennessee and Univ of Fla....orange either looks like a jack-o-lantern or rotted pumpkin. Your coral idea was spot on (and is my go-to choice as well!)

Heather said...

Woo hoo so glad you included the Clemson Tigers today!! It is so hard to find orange though…I usually like to wear purple to the games!! Love your blog sweet lady!

Anonymous said...

Love these posts, such cute ideas! How about featuring the Iowa Hawkeyes? No better fans, plus black and gold would work well for other schools as well!

Kim Taylor said...

Yay! Thank you for the Fresno State and Penn State outfits! Its supposed to be colder for Saturday's Fresno State game and I am so excited to wear a cute plaid Old Navy shirt (red cream blue) with a red puffer vest! and my boyfriend jeans. Have a great day!

Holly said...

Thanks for highlighting my beloved Huskers! I had already bought that red vest thinking I could wear it to games this fall (I am a University of Nebraska alum and we have season tickets)but last week it was too warm for it and it sounds like this week it is going to be too cold. It is still super cute and I would highly recommend it! I am 6' tall and love that Old Navy has lots of items in talls.

Wendy Norton said...

Aww, thank you so much for honoring my request for a UNC outfit! I love what you picked out! It's sometimes hard to find a "fall" outfit that is "Carolina" blue, as light blue is typically more of a Spring color. But you did a great job! Thanks! I just might have to get that for my next Carolina game! : )

kristenmodesitt said...

I love these posts! Ever think of doing one for the defending National Champions, Florida State Seminoles? :) I know you have done some garnet and gold but I feel that FSU deserves a shout-out! :)

Katie {The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

Awesome toggle vest!!! I have to totally get that!!

Erin said...

Love this post...thanks for featuring Penn State ideas! My husband and I are season ticket holders. Your navy blue toggle vest suggestion will be the perfect addition to my game day wardrobe :)

Mary Woods said...

How does the knit back jacket run? I'm ordering it and not sure what size to get. Thank you!

Erika Slaughter said...

Mary...I normally wear a small or medium and mine is a small. Fits great!!