I'm so excited about my guest post-er!! I've been excited every month so far! I'm loving this new series and I think you ladies are as well. I'm sure many of you already know this sweet girl, but just in case you don't...I'd like to introduce you to Fancy Ashley!!
I mean seriously! Could she be any cuter??
Ashley blogs about all about her family including her two adorable kiddos, lots of DIY, and many day-to-day things but somehow she manages to make it all a little fabulous!! You should definitely check out her blog HERE.
Shay and I every once in a while discuss blogs we're reading. I distinctly remember us leaving the gym one day and she asked, "Do you read Fancy Ashley's?". I said, "Why is she called FANCY Ashley?". She told me to read and I'd understand. After becoming a blog reader I totally get it!! I love that she's always seeing the positive but also keepin' it real!
Ashley...I think of you EVERY time I see this saying!!
Clearly, she has a super fun blog and you need to check it out! Today, Fancy Ashley is claiming her crazy and OWNING it with us!! Here we go...(I put all of her "crazies" in italics.)
1. I'm a germaphobe and I have purell obsession. There are purells at every door in my car and it's all over the house. It's crazy, I know, but I can admit that, so I feel good about it. HA! Anytime I see someone cough/sneeze in public without covering their mouth, it makes me crazy and takes a lot of willpower for me not to say "please cover your mouth!".
I have a CRAZY funny story about germs. Ashley...I hope we can still be friends!! haha! My two oldest kiddos are super close in age and when Nixon was younger, he was pretty typical rough and wild boy. (Some might say he still is!) Anyway, I remember taking my two (very small) children to a playdate at McDonald's to meet up with some friends. In the middle of talking, Sheaffer did this weird scream. She had seen Nixon LICK the floor at McDonald's (of ALL places). Yes, ladies!! Disgusting!! Ashley would have given him a Purell bath!! haha!
2. I read books super fast and I have been known to stay up all night reading a book if I am really enjoying it.
3. If I could do any job in the world, I would be a pop star (and no, I can't sing).
4. I can't dance. I have no rhythm and no coordination. But, I have fun and enjoy myself anyway. Learning to dance well is on my bucket list, but I'm not sure there's any hope for me. My family and husband think it's hilarious.
Good for you!! I can't dance either, but I don't even have fun trying!! hahaha!
5. I have a legit fear of spiders. I check my bed every night for them. I check the walls, etc. If there is one anywhere in the house, I cannot sleep until it has been taken care of. Last month, there was a HUGE spider in a pile of towels and I realized it as I walked into my laundry room. I screamed and threw the pile into the washer and washed the towels on SUPER hot wash, 4 times. Then when my exterminator got here later that day, I was still freaking out and I asked him if he would put the towels in the dryer for me. God bless him! He did it and was so nice, but I'm sure I'll go down in history as his craziest customer EVER.
This is my VERY FAVORITE one!! LOVED it!
Look how DARLING these kiddos are!!!
6. I watch the show Frasier every single night. Season 1-11 on repeat. My hubby and I are always quoting the show. We know a lot of the lines. I always secretly wish I could be besties with Frasier, Niles, Martin, Daphne, and Roz.
7. Growing up, I wanted to be the next Oprah and have my own talk show. I produced a late night talk show in college. It was on the local TV station.
8. I love karaoke and always sing Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With your Best Shot!". We also started the tradition where my sisters, cousins, friends, etc, sing it at every family wedding.
9. I can rap/sing most of Eminem's songs. He and Pitbull are two of my faves.
10. I "kill" things as I call it. I will eat the same meal for weeks on end until it's no longer appetizing. I'll listen to the same song on repeat for weeks until I can't listen to it anymore. I will watch movies over and over. I've done it for as long as I can remember!
11. I make lots of to do lists, forget where I put them and start over again. It's a cycle and it's no wonder that my to do lists seem never ending!
12. I can't swim any of the strokes, despite years of swim lessons (I think this goes back to my lack of coordination). I can tread water and swim like a frog.
Remind me...I'll teach Shay to dive and you some strokes. :)
13. I'm loyal to a fault. If I'm your friend, I ALWAYS have your back.
14. I like even numbers. We recently planted trees and I insisted we plant 4 instead of the suggested 3.
Ashley...thank you SO much for "Owning It AND Claiming Your Crazy". I LOVED it!! Don't forget to check out Ashley's blog HERE and follow her on Instagram "thefancyashley".
Hope you guys enjoyed our guest as much as I did!! Happy Thursday, Girlies!