Friday, December 5, 2014

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday, Girls!!  I'm TIRED this week.  Yesterday morning I reset my alarm for an HOUR later!  hahahaha!  Let's just say the sleep was great and I managed just fine with dirty hair.  :)

Today I'm linking up with my girls, Andrea and Narci, again for our Friday Favorites!  You should join us!  Blog your favorite ANYTHING, grab our button, and link up!

One of our FAVORITE Christmas traditions...
Our elf, Sparky, surprised us with a "North Pole Dessert".  In the morning, I feel like we're always super rushed!  This time I tried something a little different.  Tab took the kiddos to the park on Sunday afternoon and when they arrived, the elf was here with donuts/fruit for dessert!

Nixon wasn't so sure about this whole thing.  He'll probably figure things out quickly.  EEK!

Sparky brought them the Lego Advent Calendars which are perfect for their ages right now!

Bowen was PUMPED about these "white donuts".  hahaha!!


A FAVORITE funny from the week...
This is my life!!  I'm SO untechnical!!  


This is probably old news to you guys, but have you heard of "Smart TVs"??  Our bedroom television completely stopped working a couple weeks ago.  We waited until Thanksgiving week to purchase a new one.  We got a Smart TV and it is fabulous!  Again, this is probably old news to all of you!  hahahaha!!  Up until yesterday, if we watched something on Netflix, I had to plug my cell phone into the tv!!  


One of my very FAVORITE Christmas movies...
I recorded Home Alone earlier this week.  On Monday night, I kept talking about how we were eating an earlier dinner so we could be finished with baths and all snuggle up to watch Home Alone by the fire.  One simple problem.  When I began playing the movie, I learned I'd recorded the movie in SPANISH!!!  #unbelievable 


FAVORITE show...
Did anyone else watch the Downton Abbey recap on recently??  It did nothing but get me SUPER excited about January 4th!!!  And...how cute was Anna in real life??


Another FAVORITE moment...
That moment when your child walks up to Santa and asks for something they've NEVER mentioned EVER to you for Christmas!!!  hahahaha!!!  That totally happened last night!  Thankful she asked for something CHEAP!  :)



Another FAVORITE Christmas tradition...
The kiddos with Santa in 2013.  Last year each personality was depicted EXACTLY how it should have been.  hahahaha!!!  Ebby Lee is sweet and shy.  Nixon is my crazy one, and Bowen is the baby.  hahaha!

The kiddos with Santa last night!  #nailedit  They're ALL growing up!!  This year...Santa asked Ebby Lee and Nixon their names.  Bowen was slowly getting closer.  He finally shouted out, "I Bowen".  Santa was the sweetest and asked him what he wanted for Christmas.  His response, "A choo-choo".  Then he sit right in his lap for the picture.  Where did my baby go??


Can you believe yesterday was 3 WEEKS FROM CHRISTMAS??!!  Hope you're enjoying EVERY minute of the holiday season!  Have a GREAT weekend!!




17 comments:

Melissa S said...

Love that you recorded the movie in Spanish - that is so something I would do! Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I think I'm going to have to get a copy of that Santa picture. Bowen's face in it makes me sooooo happy!!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain Erika! My son was old enough this year to start Elf on the Shelf.....Thanksgiving weekend I took out the brand new box....and I bought the Spanish version!!!

Mix and Match Mama said...

That is such a cute picture of your kids in Santa's lap! And yes, where did our baby Bowen go??? He's so big!

kimm atwood said...

Recording the movie in Spanish....hilarious!!!!! And the Santa pic is perfect!!! Happy Friday!!!!

Cat W said...

Oh they are too cute with Santa! I love your kids names, by the way!

dresselfamily.blogspot.com said...

my kids made lists, and after everything was bought wrapped, and finished, Ella saw a large art easel in Costco, and declared that's what's she's always wanted..... really, because it wasng on an of the 50 lists!!!!...she assured me her heart would be full with this and a robot dog..... Costco the next day for me lol

Erica said...

Seriously lady! You crack me UP!! Lol. Love that story about Home Alone. Totally something I would do. My husband shakes his head at my untechnical state of mind. Ha. Merry Christmas to you and your sweet fam!

Shannon said...

Can't believe Christmas is in 3 weeks!!! Love the kids Santa pictures they all look so adorable, it's so fun to take out the pictures and see the years before. Home Alone is one of our favorite Christmas movies in our home as well, the girls think it's so hilarious :)
Hope you enjoy the first weekend of December!!

Megan Ball said...

I feel you with Nixon being skeptical! My (just turned) 3 yo told my hubby that mommy put her elf in the lamp the other day. If I can't even trick her with a stuffed elf at 3, I'm in major trouble! Also, where did you find that Frozen makeup set? We're getting her a vanity for Christmas and I wanted to find some fun play makeup to go along with it.

Erika Slaughter said...

I found it on amazon. :)

Narci said...

Your kids nailed it, sister!! I love that Santa picture!!! XOXO N

Tanya said...

Erika, thanks much for hosting the Friday Favorites. It's the blog post I most look forward to every week!

Dr.J said...

Can you link to the Downton recap? Can't find the right one!3

live compassionately said...

The part about Home Alone killed me! So funny!

Andrea Mitchael said...

How precious :) What a fun time you all seem to be having! I love that you shared pictures from last year and this year with Santa! Merry Christmas to your family :)

Shesabigstar said...

That's a GREAT looking Santa!