Tuesday, December 16, 2014

It's All Fun and Games Until Someone Gets the FLU

 We had such a fun, busy weekend I couldn't fit it all in one little post!  Here's to the rest of our weekend...
We started Saturday morning off with the 5K/Fun Run for our sweet friend, Manda.  The weather was absolutely beautiful!  Lots of people came out to support her.  Manda gave the best speech!  She is such an inspiration!  It was just the perfect morning!

My competition for the Fun Run.  :)

For some crazy reason, I thought I'd skip the stroller and let Bowen "run" the Fun Run.  Let me be honest and tell you he made it for about thirty seconds.  Then he continued saying (on repeat), "I'na go home".  So...I threw him on my back for part and my hip for the rest of the run.  Can't you tell by his face in this picture?  hahaha!  

Ebby Lee and Presley
Saturday night we met some friends in downtown McKinney for the Parade of Lights!!  I don't know what it is about an old car wrapped in twinkling lights.  I get so excited about seeing them.  Seriously!  haha!

These boys were having a light up sword fight in the alley.

Bowen's face in this picture is too funny!!  He didn't know what to think, but I think Griffin was a fan!  

Can you see Ebby Lee's hand??  I looked down and caught this sweet moment.  :)

 The boys (or should I say "men"...judging by the picture I should say, "boys") in our group

Andrea was feeling all nostalgic.  I insisted we take a picture.  :)

They were loving the "snow"!!

Sunday night we had our BFG's (Bible Fellowship Group) Christmas Party at Andrew and Shay's house.  I snapped a picture of me and the Hostess with the Mostess!  This girl knows how to throw a party!!  The perfect Christmas party night...wood-fire pizzas, some of my very favorites, and delicious dessert!

 The fabulous ladies in our BFG

And...all the boys!!

Yesterday, I decided to take Nixon to the doctor.  He had a low grade fever, runny nose, and cough.  Ugh!!  You guessed it!  THE FLU!!  I'm doing my best to keep the others away from him...but that's virtually impossible right??

This is the kiddos last week of school.  I was hoping to get a few last minute gifts picked up, but that might not happen this week!

Hope you guys are having a great start to your week!!


Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Poor Nix!!!!! Saying some prayers that the entire clan doesn't go down!!!!!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Poor Nixon! I'm praying he feels better really soon and that no one else gets it. Poor guy!!

Narci said...

Oh girl!! I am hoping that no one else gets it!! And, we LOVED seeing your crew this weekend! Xoxo

kimm atwood said...

Hope Nixon feels better asap! It never fails that someone always gets sick around the holidays!!!!

Briana Runde said...

Oh no! Hope Nixon is better soon!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

Poor Nixon!!! Hoping the rest of your crew stays healthy! Also, so glad we got to do the parade together this year! So much fun!!! :)

Tanya said...

Hope Nixon feels better and it doesn't spread. We just had a week of sickness around here...flu is no fun! I'm so happy they could go back to school this week!

Queen In Between said...

Hope that sweet Nixon is better soon!