Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!!  Andrea, Narci, and I are sharing our Friday Favorites.  You should join us!  Blog your favorites, link back, and then add your blog to the link-up!  Super Easy!  


I've never watched this show.  Scratch that.  Maybe I saw one random episode and I cried!!!  So I decided it wasn't the show for me.  Who wants to cry every week?  Last week my Facebook feed was blowing up with friends commenting on Parenthood ending.  I thought I'd give it another chance and start from the beginning.  I'm already almost finished with Season 2 and I'm loving it!!  There have been several episodes I cried through but for the most part I'm being tough.  :)


After delivering Nixon, (thank you, Nixon :)) I was left with a rather larger hernia above my belly button.  (And I had another one in my belly button.)  TMI, today girls!!!  The doctor didn't want to do anything until I was completely finished with babies, so now was the time to handle those hernias!  I thought I had two hernias (and so did the doctor), but apparently when he got in there he found five or six!  Needless to say, last weekend was a blur.  Like I seriously don't remember my ENTIRE Thursday evening or Friday!  My mom came down to help out with the kiddos.  Thank you, Mom!!!  And...Marla and Gary have been awesome help as well!  Tab and I would be a hot mess right now without them!  I'm doing great recovering and am taking it to easy thanks to all our help!!

This also explains why I'm in season 2 already of Parenthood.  :)


I completely missed the boat on our February challenge!  I'm jumping back on board tomorrow!  Join us!!!  


On Wednesday's post the link for the earrings was wrong.  So sorry!!  I'm blaming it on the pain meds.  :)  This is the correct link.  


Today is Ebby Lee's 100th Day of Kindergarten.  She's dressing up like a one hundred year old lady is so excited about it.  Can't wait to show you her pictures!  I'll try to remember to post on Instagram (slaughteren) this morning.  Here was our inspiration....



Aren't they hilarious??
Sorry, I don't have the links.  Marla sent me these via a text message.  

Happy 100th Day of Kindergarten, Ladies!!  Happy Friday!  XOXO


15 comments:

Maren Hall Arnold said...

I also featured Parenthood as one of my favorites this week! Hope you get to feeling better and back on your feet soon!

Mix and Match Mama said...

I'm so glad you're doing better this weekend :). It's been a long week without my normal Erika around (although the medicated Erika has been pretty hilarious :))!

TorontoSAM said...

Thanks for your TMI about the hernia. Last weekend I had self diagnosed myself with an umbilical hernia and then had myself convinced that I'd need to have surgery and delay trying for our second again (after having had other abdominal surgery last year). I feel better now so maybe it was nothing, but good to know you can still get pregnant and deliver a baby with a hernia. Happy Friday! #neverbeadraidtoovershare

Megan said...

Glad you are getting better!!! and isn't it nice to have family around to help? I always tell my husband this is such a huge blessing!! and Parenthood=amazing!! We started it about a month ago. #teambraverman all the way! ;) Happy Friday

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I had a dream last night that we kept Nixon for the weekend. We had so much fun, but you never even called to check on him! Haha! :) Glad you're finally recovering mama.

Narci said...

Eek! I can't wait to see EL dressed as an old lady!! So cute!! 😍

Anonymous said...

Parenthood is my all time favorite show!! I'm so sad it ended :( Happy Friday!

kimm atwood said...

Glad you're feeling better !!!!!

April Parrish said...

So glad you are doing better. Continued prayers in your recovery!
Ebby Lee is so cute dressed like an old lady!
Have a great weekend!

Eryn Morel said...

Parenthood was the best show on tv! I've already started from the beginning too. Season 1 down, working on season 2!

Amanda said...

I'm loving the #photochallenge2015. And the 100 day dress up is adorable :)

Katie said...

Thank you so much for the earring link, yay!!! :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too! said...

She looked so cute for the 100th day! We loved Parenthood so much. The finale was the best!

The Rodriguez Crew said...

My good friend had the exact same hernia thing, and they also found tons of them during surgery! Her stomach looks amazing now!!!!!

Queen In Between said...

Hope you are all better soon! Those 100 day pix....so funny. I had lots of friends post pix last week as one of the elementary schools here in town must have done the same. Such a fun idea!