Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  If you live anywhere near McKinney, Texas, then you probably had a SNOW DAY yesterday as well.  I love an unexpected snow day, but now that March is here...spring weather can come and stay!  Can I get an amen?  :)

Because it's Friday, Andrea, Narci, and I are sharing our Friday Favorites.  We'd love for you to join us!  Blog a favorite (or favorites), link back to us, and join our link up!  

Nights out with my family are a FAVORITE!  Monday night Tab and I took the big kiddos to a Maverick's basketball game.  First we grabbed dinner at a restaurant across the street.  I had THE MOST DELICIOUS truffle fries known to man.  Seriously...they were so good!  I still don't really understand what a "truffle" is.  It sounds kind of gross when I read about it, but for those fries I can look past all that.  :)

Boy's side...Nixon fell asleep on the way to the game/dinner.  We tried and tried to wake him.  When he finally woke up, he was NOT happy about it.  Don't worry...he came around.

The Slaughter crazies at the game.  I was shocked at how well these kiddos paid attention.  They knew what team we were cheering for.  They cheered at the right time.  And...they got SO into it.  Here's proof...

That's Ebby Lee's "cheering" face.  hahahaha!

These handsome boys in my backseat are always a FAVORITE.  We picked up Smith after preschool.  These boys read books and danced like nobody's business to Taylor Swift.  They've got the moves!

Having this girl show us around her school at Open House was a FAVORITE too!  She showed us some work around her classroom, the art room, and music room.  Then of course, she made sure we didn't miss the Book Fair!

I blogged about my March specials for Rodan and Fields, but this month I'm placing a bulk order for one of my FAVORITE products.  The Multi-Function Eye Cream produces fabulous results.  E-mail me at if you'd like to place an order.

Yesterday's snow day was one of my very FAVORITES!  We drove to a local spot with a big hill and I'm fairly certain over half of McKinney was sledding with us.  So fun!!  The big kids absolutely loved it!  Tab put Bowen on this sled with Nix and he HATED it!

Can you see Bowen's face??  I predict Nixon is a part of the Winter Olympics 2026.  Just kidding, but he is a snow rat!  Is that a thing?  Maybe he's a snow bunny?  I don't know exactly what he is, but he's a big fan of being crazy in the snow!  I also don't know HOW he wasn't complaining about his ears being cold.  He was totally in his element and loving it!

Check out ALL those people sledding??

Check out her face!!  This girl loved it until her feet and hands got cold. Then she was done.  Over it!

Bowen apparently thought Tab might put him on another sled so he stayed WAY up on the top of the hill away from all the sledding and watched.  Tab would say, "Bowen, do you want to sled.".  Bowen would respond, "No, thank you."  :)

They did this over and over again. 

Bowen enjoyed this as a spectator sport. :)  Then some crazy gene (probably passed down from Nixon Slaughter...ha!) kicked in and he decided he wanted a turn.  He would scream the ENTIRE way down the hill.  As soon as the sled stopped, "I wanna do that again!".

 Can you tell they were a little excited? 

I haven't had that much fun sledding in probably my entire life!  It was the PERFECT way to spend our (hopefully) last snow day of the year.  

Until we got home and everyone started peeling off layers.  WAAHHHH!!!!  Isn't that the worst part of playing in the snow?  One load of laundry was definitely worth the fun!

Happy Friday!!  XOXO


Mix and Match Mama said...

Woohoo! It's the beginning of Spring Break...and I get to hang out with YOU! I love it!! The snow pics of your family are my FAVORITE! I love it!!

Amy said...

It looks like your kiddos had the BEST time sledding! So much fun. :) Have a great weekend!


kimm atwood said...

We are ready for spring! Have a great weekend !!!!

Narci said...

What a fun time sledding! I think we were at that same hill! So fun!!! :)

Katie {The Mishaps & Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

What great cheering at the game!! :) Love the sledding pictures too!! be a kid again!! Have a great weekend Slaughters!

Anonymous said...

You're such a fun mom!! The pic of all 3 kids on the sled is just so cute!! Their faces say it all!

Haley Bishop said...

Oh my goodness, the picture of the three of them on the sled is SO cute!!!!

Megan said...

Oh I love all of the sledding pictures!! and seeing all those people there..that is so awesome!! What a fun day!! Have a blessed weekend!

Elise @ Cheers Yall said...

YAYYY to sledding in the snow. But also....YAY to it hopefully being the last and spring being on its way?! Happy weekend, mama! xx

Dana Vissage said...

Love your snow pictures! Your children are beautiful!

Laura said...

Truffle fries? I'm game!

V @ X-tremely V said...

That snow day looks much more fun that our snow days in Ohio! I love the looks on the kiddos faces when they were all together :)
I am hoping for Spring too! I need to be able to wear something other than snow boots, hats, and gloves! lol!

Jen Cowan said...

Oh I love Ebby's MJ dress - I've been going back and forth ordering it. You convinced me! Sounds like it was a fabulous family outing!

Rachel - Floral and Fudge said...

The Slaughters know how to have fun!! :)
Loved all of these photos!
Ebby Lee is too cute in her "Cat in the Hat" hat :)

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, and Dylan Too! said...

I love the sledding pictures! We've had plenty of snowdays in Pittsburgh, and I haven't gone sledding yet. My kids sled in our backyard all the time, though! I'm ready for Spring. Enjoy your weekend!

Lindsay said...

Those snow pics are so much fun! Is that the giant hill by the Beach Club? I grew up in Stonebridge and we would always sled down that hill when we got snow. We even started sledding down it without snow too during the summers. So much fun!

Karen At Home said...

Love the pictures from the basketball game, so cute!