Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday

Today I'm linking up with my girl, Andrea, to share my favorite room in the house.  This was super hard for me.  I contemplated choosing the living room where lots of hanging out happens OR the kitchen where we all are constantly.  I finally decided on a tie!  :)

Don't mind the cute two-year-old on the couch watching Paw Patrol while I took pictures all around him.  In the evenings and after dinner we do a lot of hanging out in the living room.

 A view looking back into the kitchen....I'm on a mission for some spring pillows!

When we moved almost two years ago, we made some major changes to this space.  Here is a link to that blog post.

A view from the kitchen into the living room.  Meal times are all spent here.  My kiddos are getting to the ages they help me cook for real and without making crazy big messes (big bonus!).  They also enjoy getting to help so it's a win for everyone.

We also did some major work in the kitchen.  You can see the before/afters here.

I'm sure I'm like all of you and just when I think a room is "finished" I see something else I really want to change. So my house is ALWAYS a work in progress.  I love getting new ideas though, so I'm excited about reading through this link-up!  You should join us by sharing your favorite room too!  Happy Tuesday, Girls!!  XOXO

25 comments:

Melissa S said...

Your sectional looks beautiful and comfortable - where did you find it?

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!! I got it at Stacy's Furniture.

Mix and Match Mama said...

I love that area in your house too! My favorite part are the big windows. You have so much natural light!! I also love that sweet boy sitting on the couch :).

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

So warm and inviting! Love it!

Megan said...

So cute!!! My Jagger is finally old enough that being in the kitchen with him is fun!!! I love the memories made! ;)

Jenny Morgan said...

I love the big windows! And the couch just says "come, take a nap on me".

Simply Stephens said...

What size print is over your mantle?

Erika Slaughter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika Slaughter said...

That couch tells me that way too often. :). Thank you!

Erika Slaughter said...

I think it's a 30 X 40.

Anonymous said...

I love your floor lamp! Where did you get it? Beautiful home :)

Erika Slaughter said...

The floor lamp is from Kirkland's. Thank you! :)

Renae said...

Very nice and warm kitchen!

Olivia said...

Let me just say your house is really welcoming and cozy! That is awesome your kids are at an age that they help in the kitchen...without a huge mess. I'm anxiously waiting for that stage :)

Anonymous said...

I'm on the hunt for a new sectional and love yours! Do you mind sharing where it is from?

Erika Slaughter said...

Stacy's Furniture :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thanks girl. :)

Kelly @ Familiar Joy said...

We are right in the middle of a kitchen renovation and I'm loving your countertops. I've been on the hunt for something white (we just had our cabinets painted white), with both greys and browns. Yours is exactly that! Do you happen to remember the name of the slab? Thank you!! =)

Erika Slaughter said...

I'm so sorry! I don't remember what it was called. Remodeling was super stressful but so worth it! Good luck!!

Erin said...

Your den looks so cozy and comfy! Especially love that couch. The pillows add such a nice pop of color.
- Erin (No Bohns About It)

Norma said...

I am wanting a sectional. I saw that you got it at Stacy's furniture. I live in Arkansas. Do you know the brand name?

Rebecca said...

I love your kitchen!! So pretty!

kimm atwood said...

Love those two rooms! They look beautiful!!!!

Nikki Cotton said...

Beautiful rooms! That couch looks so comfy and inviting.

Katie {The Mishaps & Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

Love your white kitchen!! Super huge and comfy-looking couch!! Beautiful home Erika!