Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Top Three

Happy Tuesday!!  Shay and I had a reader (thank you, Meghan!) e-mail us asking for some great bible study recommendations.  I remembered blogging about my favorite devotional books, but when I got her e-mail I knew I needed to do a Top Three post about my favorite bible studies!  I couldn't narrow it down to just three (sorry!), so I'm sharing my top five faves I've already read and a few on my to-read list.

#1 Restless by Jennie Allen
Shay and I heard Jennie Allen back at DotMom in the fall.  I was instantly a big fan.  I read her book Restless and then did the bible study.  I'd strongly encourage you to check it out.  This study is all about figuring out the special way God designed you to do amazing things with the gifts you've been given and the experiences you've had.



A friend posted Sacred Holiday's Christmas study and I purchased it without doing much research.  I enjoyed the Christmas devotional so much that I ordered the Easter one.  These devotionals are all about keeping the true meaning behind holidays important in the midst of all the celebrating.  I think you can still order the Easter study-Following Jesus' Life and I'll let you know when the next one will be out.



 #3 Beth Moore studies
Beth Moore can bring it in the bible study department, right?  I always take away so much.  Usually her studies take a little more time, so I haven't done one lately.  These two...A Woman's Heart and Esther are studies I've completed and were awesome!

I want to do the Children of the Day study soon!

I've also heard great things about the Daniel study as well!




 #4 Jen Hatmaker studies
I absolutely love Jen Hatmaker.  These bible studies are quick reads and perfect for moms trying to juggle it all.  She totally relates!

This is one of my favorite devotionals.

And...I've heard awesome things about this book.  It's on my to-read list.



#5 Kelly Minter studies
I did this Ruth study a long time ago, but I learned a lot.  She dives into the character of Ruth and you look at her in a new way.

These are a few more on my to-read list...
What Love Is by Kelly Minter

The Best Yes (Bible Study) by Lysa Terkeurst

Gideon by Priscilla Shirer

Freefall to Fly by Rebekah Lyons

Now it's your turn.  If you have a bible study you've enjoyed, please share!!  I'm looking forward to getting some new ideas.  Thank you!!!

12 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

I've done Children of the Day and Daniel and they're both really good! Daniel is very, very heavy (just an FYI!). I can't wait to try some of your other studies!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

All great recommendation! I need to get Sacred Easter immediately!

Andrea (127things) said...

I am adding some of these devotionals to my Amazon cart now! I love Jesus Calling, any devotional by Max Lucado, and I have a Girlfriends With God app on my phone I adore as well. Have a great trip!

Emily Harrison said...

Jen Wilkin studies are great. Her method is very different and she helps you to really study. My friend Mariel Davenport also wrote a study called Knowing God Through His Names.

Sara Laverty said...

Jennie Allen's Chase and Stuck studies changed my life - seriously! Highly recommend. Jen Hatmaker's 7 was also very life changing. Beth Moore's Esther is sooo good! :)

lucys607 said...

Thanks for these recommendations! I have done quite a few Beth Moore studies. When we did Daniel and Revelation back to back it was so great! Like shay said, they are very deep, but so worth it! I was always intimidated by Revelation, but she puts it in ways that just works.

Jen said...

Thanks for sharing these/ I look forward to trying some of them :)

Anonymous said...

Shauna Niequist's devotional Savor just came out and is incredible. You would love her other books also (not devotionals, but fantastic reads about life and loving Jesus and people).

Melissa said...

Beth Moore's Study of James is life altering. Literally. And also by Beth Moore, Jesus the One and Only is such a great study to know Jesus on a deeper level. I also did No Other Gods by Kelly Minter. It's one of those that you keep going back to.

Tara G. said...

Jen Wilkin has some great studies you can download for free from her site. Podcasts are there, too. Duty or Delight is a great study by Tammie Head. Elizabeth George ( not the mystery writer) has some solid material as well.

Kerry Dorman said...

My bible study group is in the 10th week of Daniel and it is AMAZING!!! I do my homework before my kids wake up because it is A LOT of information and I need the quiet to take it all in. I would suggest her study The Patriarchs as well, you will learn TONS! We are going to do Children of the Day next, I'm excited to start that one! Love your blog!

Hayley Nelson said...

Children of the day is so good! I am doing it right now and just LOVE it!!