Thursday, April 2, 2015

Deer Valley Resort

Wahoo!!!  9:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning we boarded our flight to a kid-free couple days in Utah.  I love my children with all of my heart, but sometimes we just need a little break.  Right mamas??  It was also so nice to have time with just Tab.  So often there are kids all up in our business.  This little trip was perfect!

Tab's 9 to 5 job is in sales.  He's changed jobs a few times since college, but he's pretty much been doing the same thing for the last ten years.  Most sales jobs have a big fun incentive type trip and he has qualified for two of those in the past.  He just changed jobs before we could go on the trips!  So...this was his first time qualifying with his current company and let me just tell you....they rolled out ALL the stops!  hahaha!

We flew into Park Cities and then stayed at the Montage in the Deer Valley ski resort.  AMAZING!

This was our room.  I forgot a picture of my very favorite part.  We had our own fireplace and every night someone (a magical fairy?  I'm not sure.) would come "turn down the bed" and turn on the fireplace.  When we got home each night the fire was crackling!  BEAUTIFUL!


The view from our room.

We arrived Sunday around noon with several other couples from the Dallas office.  We were having lunch on the patio (the weather was GORGEOUS) and we were all discussing how nice everything was.  I started telling them the story of how the first night of our honeymoon we stayed at a Motel 6!!!  (I'll explain those details in another post!)  We were all dying laughing!  Motel 6 to the Montage in ten years?  I'll take it!  hahaha!

Tab and I scoped the place out and then it was time to get ready for dinner.  They had a little cocktail party for just Tab's region in a certain room.  It was great to meet all these other people Tab talks about with work!  Then dinner followed in a separate area.  A fabulous start to our little getaway!


Monday we woke up to SNOW!!!  


It's hard to see the view, but this is us from our balcony.


Breakfast on Monday morning was in this tent with heaters (thank you, Jesus), snow falling in the background, and the best scrambled eggs I've EVER tasted.  I'm pretty sure the Montage puts straight up cream in their eggs.  They were the most creamy delicious eggs EVER!

It's kind of hard to see the snow falling, but it was the prettiest backdrop for breakfast.  I was so thankful for that heater blowing warm air beside our table.  :)


Then everyone was invited to a "Give Back" seminar.  I'd heard it was always something for a local charity.  Tab and I, the newbies, were looking forward to it.  This is the room we walked into...

I was part of the "pink" group and these were our supplies.


It took Tab all of three minutes to become BFF with the guys in his group.  They had a blast!!  Basically we all had little challenges to complete.  Each completed challenge earned you something for your backpack.  The end result (hopefully) was a backpack full of all the necessary supplies to send with an underprivileged kid for a local summer camp.

In the challenge above, you were supposed to cover one person with toilet paper from shoulders down as fast as you could.  Tab's team tried to be tricky.  They "covered" that guy.

My team did this...
Yes, they did.  :)

The next challenge was "make a hammock out of rope and duct tape and you must suspend someone at least an inch off the ground".  My team did this...
I started getting a little nervous for Challenge #3!!  Luckily, I was off the hook and the rest of our challenges were building a tower or something a little more keep my feet on the ground.  :)


My group

Tab's group

We took a big group picture, but we couldn't all fit into one pic.

After all that, I told Tab I needed a nap.  hahaha!  He had a meeting and I went to our room and read a book beside the fire.  Perfection!


This might have been my favorite part of the entire trip!!  I'm all about gifts!  We got to go into the Gift Suite and choose a goodie!!

I came home with these...

and Tab scored this...


I'm a dork and was WAY too excited about my facial in the spa.


Afterwards, I met Tab at the indoor pool area.  We hung out in the hot tub before getting ready for our night out!

The view of the mountains behind was breathtaking!!

Monday night they had the BEST plans for us.  They bused us all into Park City where they'd rented out the High West Distillery for dinner.  

Not only was the food delicious, but this little distillery had so much character.  We got a little tour of what they do downstairs.  There were three floors.  We checked them all out and then enjoyed a yummy dinner.

Afterward, the company reserved the No Name Saloon for us as well.  We walked/rode a couple blocks over.  It was nice visiting and chatting with new friends.  

 Most of the guys from Dallas

These ladies were so much fun!  I had a great time hanging out with them.  And...then we went back to the resort by 10:30 because we're crazy like that.


Tuesday was another day in the spa.  

This little women's lounge was so relaxing.  It was quiet and comfy!  I could have stayed in there all day long!  After my spa time, I went out to see Tab and some friends ski.  I've never been skiing and I just decided on this trip I wanted to relax.  Next time I'll give it my best shot (and fall down a TON), but this time I was pumped about a relaxing kid-free vacation.


Those girls were all in matching ski clothes and ADORABLE!  I couldn't resisit!

Tab had a blast going all over the mountain.  They bumped into the trip photographer and got this one taken.

Matt (on the left) works in the Dallas office with Tab.  Tab is always talking about Matt, so it was great to hang out with he and his wife for a couple days.  We need to get together soon!


This was as much as I got "in" the snow.  I enjoyed sitting out by the fireplace and reading while Tab skied with friends.

Just what I wanted!!!


There he is....that little speck.  ha!


Park City has the cutest little area with shops and restaurants.  While Tab was skiing I did a little shopping.  For some reason, I decided snow boots on sale for the kiddos would be a great idea!  hahaha!  Tab about lost his mind trying to figured out how to get those things to fit back into our bags for the plane ride home!  Probably not my smartest move.

Our last night was Award's Night and everyone got recognized.  This was the night Tab had told me was "cocktail attire".  So...I asked for your opinions on all those dresses, bought several, and chose my favorite, this one....

I loved the navy and nude boatneck sheath dress.  Luckily, Tab was reading over the itinerary the night before we left and noticed the "Awards' Ceremony" was BUSINESS CASUAL!!!  The plan changed quickly!!  Instead of this new cute cocktail dress, I packed a fun skirt!  Whew!  Crisis averted!

Our flight left bright and early on Wednesday morning, but I got in one last minute of relaxation before we left paradise the resort.

The perfect little getaway celebrating the hubs and his hard work!!

Thank you to M and G for holding down the fort!  We couldn't have done it without you!

38 comments:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

WOW! I want a getaway weekend!!!! It looks like y'all had so much fun! All of those meals without kids.....spa days....napping in a room by a fire...eggs with cream? SIGN ME UP! :)

Aja said...

My hubby is in sales and I love those incentive trips too! This year they had a mix up with the resort and had to change the date from March to the first weekend in June. You know, graduation weekend! So now a lot of people have to skip the trip. I feel that pain you mentioned in the beginning of the post! What a fun getaway in Deer Valley!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Next time, let's let Tab earn the trip but then the two of us need to go :). I'm super, super, super jealous! That looks like absolute paradise!

Narci said...

What a fun trip. You looked adorable in your skit outfit!! ❤️

Erika Slaughter said...

This made me LOL!! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I was so impressed!! That would be so sad to have to miss. Especially after you've experienced it! Ha!

Erika Slaughter said...

Sounds like a plan! ;)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!! My ski coat/boots were provided by Rachel New. :)

Kendra said...

You looked so cute in every outfit Erika!! Looks like it was the perfect getaway! ❤️

kimm atwood said...

Ok the Tory burch gold millers are the best. I have them and trust me you're going to love them !!!!

Lori said...

That looks amazing - so relaxing & beautiful! I want a gift suite in my life. How much would a trip to the gift suite cheer up a rough mommy day?!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful trip and recharge time for you two. I love fireplaces.

Amy J said...

That is my dream getaway! Good company, yummy food, fireplace, spa and I would be 50/50 on the skiing too! :) I'm book marking Park City and Deer Valley now!

Jersey Love said...

What a beautiful trip! Looks like you thoroughly got to relax and spend time with your hubby!
Who knew Utah was so gorgeous!!

TorontoSAM said...

I love those incentive trips. We have been on two of them with my husband's previous company. Luxury that we do not get to experience on a regular basis. So nice you got to experience some real winter. Nothing better than a crackling fire.

Anonymous said...

Aaaahhh! I'm just about to bite the bullet on those Tory burch miller sandals! How is the sizing, Erika? I'm normally an 8.5. A lot of the reviews said the TB part is really high - like there is a lot of vertical space btwn that & the sole....what do you think? Thanks!! :))

Erika Slaughter said...

Ooh!!! Where have you guys gone?

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you, Kendra!!

Erika Slaughter said...

I was so excited about that! The little gift suite had great choices!!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

Your getaway looks AMAZING!!! I vote girls trip ASAP! :) hahaha

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahahahaha! For real! They could have sent my home after the free gift and I still would have been a happy girl!

Erika Slaughter said...

So right! We had a great time!

Erika Slaughter said...

I didn't know what to expect and was so surprised too! Utah is gorgeous!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes!! You should check it out sometime! :)

melissabunny100 said...

How fun!! Great post!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Sign me up!!

Erika Slaughter said...

I'm normally a 7 and got a 7.5 in these. I didn't notice a lot of vertical space when I tried them on but then again I was on a gift suite high so I'm not sure I would have. Hahahahaha! I thought they were super comfy! :)

Kelsey Mann Peacock said...

Looks like a fun trip and such beautiful scenery :) Reading by a fireplace with snow in the background? That sounds like paradise to me!

Candice Ibarra said...

Wow what an amazing trip! Spa days are the best!! Take it from someone who's been skiing before...you made the right choice reading by the fire!!! :)

Elaine Welte said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time!!!! I think DJ needs to get into business with incentive trips rather than bowl games! Ha!

Katie {The Mishaps & Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

What an amazing trip!! How fun! And those gifts...great picks!!

Anonymous said...

That pretty much looks like the best vacation ever! What a wonderful getaway!

Jill

Leigh said...

I work for a sales company and we have those incentive trips too. So much fun! Glad you had a relaxing time.

Whitney {Whitney's Sweet Life} said...

What a fun trip! I have to ask where your Toms are from in the bottom picture! I love them!

Elise @ Cheers Yall said...

EEEE! What an awesome mama daddy getaway weekend!!!! The fireplace fairy! The Tory Burch score from the gift suite! The spa daySSS!! Amazingness. Cheers to Y'ALL, lovely mama! xx

Unknown said...

I grew up and live in utah. We live west (down) the canyon from park city (deer valley). I love visiting Main Street where you guys had dinner. Love it, they have a Rocky mountain chocolate factory (not sure if they're national) but the apple pie Carmel Apple is amazing! It's carmel, white chocolate and cinnamon sugar on it! Sorry I didnt tell you earlier! Glad you had fun!

Olivia said...

Not sure how I missed this post! :) Erika, this looks like Heaven! So peaceful and relaxing. Glad you two got to enjoy some R&R. Utah looks like a fun place to vacation. And now I kind of want to try cream in my eggs :)

Elizabeth said...

I'm watching the Bachelorette that I recorded last night and the whole time I was thinking "is that the place Erika went to?!?" And it was!! :)