Monday, April 13, 2015

Fancy Ebby Lee

Ebby Lee turned 6 on Thursday and let me tell you....she had the BEST day!  Her day started off with presents, donuts, and Tab accompanying her to school as the "Watch Dog".  Dads can volunteer at her school and they get to hang out in the classroom for the major part of the day.  Tab got to experience music, sitting at the carpet, and twenty kindergarteners.  He said that music got a little awkward because he felt like he needed to sing and participate which was hilarious I'm sure.  hahahaha!  

She was stoked for her day at school.  (And Nix was tying up on the dog in the background.  haha!)

My mom and grandparents had arrived the night before to watch Nixon's tee-ball game and then party hard with us the rest of the weekend.

The boys were at preschool, so my family and I met Tab and Ebby Lee at her school for a birthday lunch.

Then we went to a local pizza place for some yummy goodness before her party.  Bowen was yelling, "I NEED MORE QUARTERS!".

Nix got lucky and scored a big handful of candy!

Because everyone needs a selfie with the birthday girl!

Party TIME!!!

We were so excited T-Nonnie (my mom) could come for the weekend and party with us!  (My grandparents came too, but I don't have a single picture of them on party day!  Boo!)

Her birthday party was at a local place in downtown McKinney.  It's called, "Made of Sugar and Spice".  If you're local and have a little girl, you should check it out.  Ebby Lee wanted a Fancy Nancy party and they did not disappoint.  

The party favors were a Fancy Nancy book, a Fancy Nancy coloring book, and one of Whitney's delicious cookies.

The girls got to choose a dress and get their hair fixed all fancy!

While the ladies were waiting, they made picture frames and bracelets.

They got their nails painted AND their make-up done.

A close-up of the hair :)

Birthday girl looking FANCY!

These girlies made lots of bracelets.

 While these two were being CRAZY!

 It was so great to see their sweet little faces light up after they were all ready.  What girl doesn't enjoy getting all pampered and dressing up?  They loved it!!!

 When everyone was ready, they performed a little "Hokey Pokey", for the audience.

I'm not going to name any names, but SOMEONE was in their element.  hahaha!

Fashion show time....they were all announced and walked the runway.  Some of these girls rocked the runway!

Group picture time...super fancy little girls!

To go along with our theme, we had parfaits (ice cream sundaes) with all kinds of toppings.

We sang, "Happy Birthday", to this girl!

And she made a wish.

She passed out her party favors, thanked all her friends for coming, and crashed that night because she was exhausted!  hahaha!

Thank you to everyone who called, texted, commented, or came and wished Ebby Lee a "happy birthday".  It was the perfect day for this six-year-old!


Mix and Match Mama said...

So, my girls had THE BEST time! I mean, seriously, we talked about that party for daaaaaays! Such a fun, fun, fun way to celebrate sweet Ebby Lee!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

SUCH CUTE GIRLS!!!! EL looks like she had such a great time! Those girls were working it down the runway. :)

Narci said...

Such a cute party! Presley had he beat time!!

Erika Slaughter said...

I'm so glad they did!!! Ebby Lee had a blast too! Thanks for making her day so special!

Erika Slaughter said...

She did have a great time!! She chickened out on the runway but some did not!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yay!!! So glad to hear that! So glad P was there!

Andrea Munding said...

What a great party idea! I wish my town had a place like that. Maybe I need to start one!

kimm atwood said...

So glad she had such a wonderful birthday!!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

You should!! I think ours is super busy. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!! :)

melissabunny100 said...

Cute party!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

So stinkin' cute!!! Love all the girliness :) Happy Birthday again to EL!

Lisa Sipka said...

So much fun! Ebby Lee is such a sweetheart! Claire had so much fun celebrating with her and all their friends!

And... I am SO glad Claire went equipped with biker shorts under because whoa the dress she chose - holy hoochie mama short! Haha!

The Rodriguez Crew said...

Being pregnant with my first GIRL (after 2 boys!), this just gave me the MOST FUN glimpse into the future! That was a PERFECT girl party!!!!

Katie Benedict said...

What an adorable little party! Looks like they had a great time :)

Megan said...

What a super cute birthday!! Love it!

Olivia said...

What a fun party! Your how different boys and girls are! That place looks fun!

Angela Ellingson said...

Wow, what an awesome party! Ebby Lee is so pretty just like her mama. :)

V @ X-tremely V said...

I absolutely love those sweet & sassy places! I wish they had something similar for boys :)
Ebby Lee looks like she truly had an amazing time!

Amy said...

My girls would loooove a party like that! We are big Fancy Nancy fans at our house too. She looks like she had the best time!

Andrea (127things) said...

What an AMAZING party! Eeeeek! I love it! The first grade teacher in me loves the Fancy Nancy part too! So glad she had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Super fun little girl's party :) but I just had to comment on somethin that caught my eye... your mom's sandals! Oh my cuteness! Do you know where she got them?

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!! She got them somewhere online. I'll see if she remembers and let you know if she does.