Thursday, April 23, 2015

Owning It


I have a new friend to introduce to you.  Have you met Elise over at Cheers Y'all?  I randomly checked out her blog months ago from a link-up.  I mean look at her cute picture...

I mean she's so cute.  Right now, her and her hubby are expecting their first baby girl, Nancy,  ANY day now.  Like maybe today or tomorrow any day.  We're talking soon!  She is a darling blogger.  She lives in North Carolina with her husband (who's from England-how fun is that!).  I'm so excited she's agreed to join us today.  You must check her out!  You will love her!  Here is Elise sharing her crazy and Owning It...

1. I went to five Backstreet Boys concerts growing up and one in my adulthood. My favorite BSBer when I was in middle school? Kevin. Whose favorite was Kevin!? This girl's, apparently. 

2. As much as I strive to be healthy, the best foods in my book are still pizza, french fries (with lots of ranch), anything Mexican (especially nachos), and the piece of cookie cake that has the most icing.

Elise....we need to plan a date.  You come to Texas or I go to North Carolina.  Either way we would totally get a long in the food department.  I couldn't agree more about EVERYTHING you mentioned.  :)

3. When I was little, my parents used to drag my siblings and I around to "look at houses" ALL THE TIME...even though we weren't moving or planning to move. Now, I am that person. Zillow is a hobby, and HGTV is the best network on television. Wanna go look at houses just for fun? I'm down.

4. I never had a serious boyfriend before my husband. My sister was the younger, cooler one with all the boys hanging on her every word. I, on the other hand, didn't get asked to my junior prom or senior homecoming. Blame it on #goodytwoshoesprobs?! Maybe?

This picture is STUNNING!!!

5. My husband, Mark, and I have our own language sometimes. It just kind of evolved from us talking for our dog.  Our language includes words like shooba, frequent use of the expression "MEEHHHH," and often involves adding eez onto random words. Yep. Yikes?! Never. We love it. (And thank goodness we only use this "language" around ourselves.)

6. Y'all, I stinkin' LOVE Wheel of Fortune. For real. Auditioning for the show is on my bucket list. I watch it almost every night. And--owning it--I'm kinda good at it. ;)

Love this one!!  Tab and I used to watch this show every night while eating dinner pre-kids.  I've definitely lost my "wheel" touch.

7. I don't really like watching movies. It drives my husband crazy that I don't enjoy your average "cinematic adventure" like the rest of the world...but I don't.

8. I'm in love with Christmas and always begin listening to Christmas music and busting out the decorations on November 1. I love making the holiday season last as long as possible! Oh, and Christmas cards are one of my top favorite parts of Christmas. I giddily run to the mailbox each day in anticipation of opening the mail to pictures of loved ones near and far!

 
9. I'm a homebody, and I think I'm an ambivert with more introvert than extrovert...if that even is possible. My husband is much more extroverted than I am, and I like it that way. He can light up a room and have everyone laughing immediately, and I can just sit back quietly and smile. It's perfect. 

10. I always imagined my firstborn being a boy. Of course, now that we're having a girl, I can't picture it any other way!

I thought the EXACT same thing!!  I knew we'd have a boy first.  What's that saying about us making plans and God laughing at them??  ha!


11. Last--but certainly not least--I'm obsessed with owning it. It's my favorite life motto and #1 pet peeve (when people don't do it!).  I can claim plenty more crazy for ya here and here!


Elise...thank you, thank you, thank you for Owning It today!!!  I loved getting to hear more about you and am looking forward to seeing that new sweet baby girl!  Go read more from Elise here.  Thanks for sharing your crazy with us!!!  XOXO

22 comments:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

This was so fun! Loved getting to know Elise. And you're right, her wedding picture is STUNNING!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thanks, Sheaffer!!! That wedding picture is great!!!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Elise is just adorable! I want to be her friend too!! I love that she starts listening to Christmas music on November 1 because I DO TOO! Congrats to this sweet mama to be!!

Julie Connelly said...

Oh my goodness, it sounds like her & I could be besties!!! Her & I are SOOOOO much alike. I just love this series you do. I truly enjoy "getting to know" all of your blogger friends :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I know!! I completely agree!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you Julie! :)

Full Time Wife Life said...

Haha! Backstreet Boys... Can I top that? I've been to four HANSON concerts as an adult! Hahaha. My poor husband.

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

Sadly, I could start listening to Christmas music in September haha! I love Christmas so much and the music is so festive! Love reading Elise's blog, too!

Narci said...

Elise is precious! So funny!

blake walker said...

Elise seems like so much fun! Love this "owning it" and getting to know more bloggers!! So excited for her and her husband on their sweet little girl! Love that she starts her Christmas "spirit" so early...can't wait to decorate this winter!

kimm atwood said...

Can't wait to check her out! Love that she loves here in NC too! I love this series !!!!

Hope @ Hope in a Blog said...

This made me smile and laugh! Go sista go...and pumped to start following Erika's blog!!

Leigh said...

I absolutely love this series and Elise is new to me, but OMG we could be besties! There's so many things we have in common. I am a huge Backstreet Boys fan. My fav was Nick and Brian. Funny enough, they were in my hometown years ago visiting a song writer. Kevin broke his tooth and had to see a dentist. Well guess who was seeing the same dentist the same time as Kevin? This girls brother. My brother didn't know who Kevin was until the hygenist told him and he came home with Kevin's autograph. My football linebacker size brother asked Kevin for his autograph for his big sister. I have other stories involving BSB. Maybe I need to start a blog and write these things down. Lol!

Kelsey Mann Peacock said...

Love this post! Starting Christmas music in November is a must :)

Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Corner of Sass and Snark said...

omg I already love Elise! How gorgeous is she?

And like her, I'm not afraid of owning my crazy. Like for real. It's out there for everyone to see. Lol. Joking. Kind of. ;)

And her fave foods are basically my favorite foods. Ok. Going to check out her blog now.

Queen In Between said...

She is adorable! I am totally with her on the food choices....I can make myself sick on some cookie cake with icing. Erika if you ever come back to College Station with Tab for football....you MUST go have the Tijuana fries at the Dixie Chicken...cheesy fries served with ranch and oh so delish!

Renae said...

Such a fun Owning It!! How cute is she!!

Olivia said...

I totally know Elise's blog! Elise and Erika, I'll join you on that food date...your food choices are spot on!

Sabrina said...

Ok, this was so fun!! I could be friends with Elise. I don't like watching movies, I never had a date to anything in high school, and I love the holidays!! Also, her wedding picture is stunning!! Congrats to baby Nancy!! I love that name--it is so fancy! :)

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Kevin was my fav BSB too! And that wedding pic is gorgeous, how have I never seen that before?!

Anonymous said...

I love this series!

Lauren said...

YAY! I love that Elise was on here! She is the sweetest! :D