Wednesday, April 1, 2015

What I Wore

When I planned my outfit on Sunday for church, I grabbed a couple old pieces from my closet and one new item.  I threw them all together to make a very "Pinterest-y" look.  I started thinking....what did we DO before Pinterest??  This is what I did....I didn't mix a stripe dress with a floral scarf, but now thanks to Pinterest, I'm so glad I do!! 

This was my look.  Denim jacket, stripe maxi dress, and floral scarf equals perfection!!  The floral scarf really gave it some added "pop" that my pre-Pinterest days wouldn't have had.  :)

If you're like me, you might already have all these pieces in your closet, or maybe you're just missing one!  Just in case I found some options for you...



I LOVE a maxi dress.  I love how forgiving they are.  They can be dressed up or dressed down and they're SO comfy!


Ladies!!  I got sidetracked looking for stripe maxi dresses when I stumbled across this beauty.  Wouldn't this dress be perfect for a beach vacation???  I need it!



Loving this combo!!!

What do you think?  Would you have paired a striped maxi dress with a floral scarf topped off by a denim jacket pre-Pinterest???  I promise you my look would have been WAY more boring!  :)  Happy Wednesday, Girls!

13 comments:

Katelyn Sloan said...

You look so cute and springy!!!!!

Mix and Match Mama said...

I loved the floral scarf on Sunday! It totally made the outfit pop! Love your ideas this morning!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I'm talking about OUTFIT formulas today....and you are too! #greatminds
:)
maxi + denim jacket + scarf

kimm atwood said...

Love the scarf

Lori said...

Love the colors of that beachy vacation dress!! And the floral infinity scarf from Target - perfect for spring!

Megan said...

Oooo yes, I love the floral scarf added to the stripes!! So cute!

Narci said...

You looked darling on Sunday! Perfect easy outfit! ❤️

Slightly Askew Designs said...

CUTE!!! I am a big supporter of floral and stripes and maxis so this post was right up my alley :) Adorable as always, girly!

Laurie said...

Hi Erika... I LOVE the "watercolor" strapless high-low maxi dress! Only I have "nothing" to hold it up. Too bad it doesn't come with straps...

Queen In Between said...

Totally agree...I combined stripes with floral on my WIWW post today and the same...would never have done it before!

Casey said...

I'm wearing stripes and florals today!! Love it!!
XO~ Casey @ A Little Bit of Cheer
Www.alittlebitofcheer.com

Michelle said...

Adorable! Yes, you nailed it. I think anything goes today. Florals with stripes a new trend that I happen to think is a keeper. Your right about the dress, a summer party dress or a walk on the beach fit.

Katie {The Mishaps & Mayhem of a Solitary Life} said...

Love this combo! The colors in your floral scarf are so bright and springy!!