Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday

Wahoo for my first What's Up Wednesday!!  I'm joining Mel, Shay, and Sheaffer for their very first What's Up Wednesday link-up!

What we're eating this week:  I should tell you this is the worst ever week for me to tell you our menu plan.  Eating out is involved a LOT this week!

Monday-Beef Quesadillas (with taco meat, cheese, and veggies mixed in).  The big kids were big fans.  Bowen didn't even want to try it.  This was his face...

I put a quesadilla, a few tortilla chips, and fruit on his plate.  He ate the fruit and chips and then wouldn't budge.  I wouldn't either.  You moms know what I'm talking about....we had a "food-down".

Tuesday-Mix and Match Mama's Sweet Corn Chili-I'm not even kidding.  When the high is in the 50's, I'm making something in the slow cooker that is warm and hearty.  I made cooked enough ground beef for two nights on Monday, so last night dinner was ready in a flash!
Wednesday-Tab and I have a meeting and are eating out.  Kiddos are having leftovers/whatever here at home.
Thursday-Crockpot Chicken and Black Beans (you know spiced up with some flavor) served over Salad
Friday-Out
Saturday-Out-We usually stay in and cook/grill one weekend night, but it just isn't working out this weekend.

What I'm reminiscing about:  Those days when I had three littles at home.  I cannot believe Nixon will be going to school this August.

What I'm loving:  On the flip side, I'm loving that my kiddos are old enough now to have some responsibilities.  And...I'm also loving that 3/5 of our closets have been cleaned out.  Mama has been busy!

What we've been up to:  Life?  haha!  I don't know just our everyday stuff....school, laundry, tee-ball, dance, homework, laundry, playing outside, laundry.  :)

What I'm dreading:  Cleaning out my own closet.  It doesn't look super crazy to the naked eye, but boy oh boy...it needs some assistance.

What I'm working on:  A Rodan and Fields' graphic....EEK!!!  I am so bad at making graphics.  What do you guys use to make graphics??  I'd love ANY help!!

What I'm excited about:  Summer, no schedules, time at the pool, having all my people home with me all the time, and the beach!

What I'm watching/reading:  I'm watching Real Housewives of New York (so good!) and Gilmore Girls.  I'm reading Keep it Shut by Karen Ehman and The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.

What I'm listening to:  As I type, I'm listening to Gilmore Girls playing on Netflix.

What I'm wearing:  Our weather has been a bit all over the place but here are a couple things I've been wearing...

What I'm doing this weekend:  Dinner out, two nights in a row!  One night with kids and one without.  It'll be a fun weekend!

What I'm looking forward to next month:  Warmer weather, the pool, lots of make-up tee-ball games, and school being out for summer!!

What else is new:  My Rodan and Fields' team is hosting a little event here in McKinney for anyone who is remotely interested in the business.  There will be some big incentives and a chance for you to hear from some of my business partners.  Eventually there will be a graphic (see above). :)

Thanks for stopping by, today!!

31 comments:

Sarah Kuykendall said...

Going out to eat is my favorite! Enjoy!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Woohoo! Thank you so much for linking up today!! And I'm glad you're making my chili :). We're having it on Thursday night!!

Andrea (127things) said...

I love this link up! I need to start doing so ASAP! Cleaning out closets is the worst, isn't it!??

Narci said...

Sounds like you have a busy week!! That picture of Bowen kills me! What a serious face!! ;)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Bowen's face. I die. It kind of remind of the face he makes when I talk to him. :)

kimm atwood said...

We are ready for the lazy days of summer

Goodbyebreadandcheese said...

Ugh, I need to tackle my closet too. That's probably what I'll be dreading next month!

Elaine Welte said...

I'm putting off all closet clean outs until this summer when we're home w/ no schedule! Everyone's closet is jammed pack full right now! Have a great day!

Olivia said...

Eating out is my jam...I'm obsessed...mainly because I hate cleaning up. I use Photoshop Elements for my printables, but I can show you how to create some good graphics in PicMonkey or Power Point. Just depends what you're trying to make.

Brianna said...

Kudos to you for tackling all of those closets! It's such a pain, but it feels so rewarding when it's done! Also, Bowen's face cracks me up. Good for you on your "food-down". Haha! Also, don't feel bad for eating out this week - life happens and you roll with what's going on. Those kids are so happy and you're a fantastic mama!

Stephanie said...

That "I'm not eating this" face in the first picture made me laugh out loud.

Maren Hall Arnold said...

It feels so good when you finish cleaning out a closet. Good luck! Also...I would love a quesadilla right now!

Priscilla - Wheelchair Mommy/Stylish Gimp said...

His face is cracking me up!! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I know!!! His face was ridiculous!

Erika Slaughter said...

So easy, right?!

Erika Slaughter said...

It was delish!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Cleaning out closets is like a hard workout. I hate the work but feel so good afterwards. ;)

Erika Slaughter said...

He's a mess!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahahahaha!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Me too!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

If mine isn't cleaned out by then, I'm in trouble! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I understand!!! That's exacly how ours were.

Erika Slaughter said...

Me too!! The no dishes part is the best! We need to have a date where you teach me a beginner version. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I know! His face was too much!

Erika Slaughter said...

I should have saved you Bowen's. He sure didn't eat it. :)

Corner of Sass and Snark said...

What I'm watching/reading:
I'm watching Real Housewives of New York - I've never loved the NY series, but I totally am this season. I can't stand Bethenny. I've tried. I just can't.

Gilmore Girls- never watched. Should I start?

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.- This is our book for next month's book club!

Sophia Rodriguez said...

Bowen's face! Closets are one of the hardest things ever for me to clean out!

lsadler said...

Canva is great for making different graphics! I'm going to have to try some of those dinner ideas!

mel @ the larson lingo said...

I am obsessed with Gilmore Girls...I want to watch it all over again. Last Fall I binge watched all 7 seasons in less than a month!!! YIKES. It's so good!
Thanks for linking up with us!!!! :)

Andi Clem said...

Your kiddos are too cute! I have an (almost) 1 year old so I haven't had a food-down yet. Did he end up eating it?! Every time I make a graphic I use pic monkey--so super user friendly!!!