Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!!  Can you BELIEVE it's May 1st??  I must say I'm a little shocked May arrived so soon!

Andrea, Narci, and I are once again sharing our Friday Favorites.  You should join us!  In typical Friday Fave fashion, I'm sharing a "hot random mess" of things for you.  Enjoy!!


Playdates with this girl and Smith are Bowen and Nixon's FAVORITES!!!  (Maybe one of my faves too!)  This particular day Miss Ashby found a red marker and used it as lipstick!!  Oops!   I sent this text to Shay.  I must say she did SO good putting that "lipstick" on.  Can you tell how well it's on her lips?  I was super impressed!



My Rodan + Fields' business is another FAVORITE of mine!  I absolutely love talking about skin care.  There are so many perks to this business.  Work anytime and anywhere!!  Use amazing products, share, and get PA$D!  



Our team is going on a little tour throughout Texas.  Next Tuesday, they'll be in San Antonio.  If you're in San Antonio and interested in learning more about the business, shoot me an e-mail (alittlebitofeverything83@yahoo.com).  Our team has a big incentive going on at this event and if you sign up on my team, I have one for you as well.

Also...I'm SO excited about this!!  SAVE THE DATE, more information is coming soon.  If you're close to McKinney, Texas, and interested in the R + F business, I'd LOVE to meet you at our event on May 12th here in my town.  Again, please shoot me an e-mail and I can let you know where we'll be and when.  Hopefully, a cute graphic is on it's way.  :)



This week I took Nixon, Smith, and Bowen to a trampoline park for a fun little boy date.  We had the ENTIRE place to ourselves and these boys had a BLAST!  It was definitely a FAVORITE event of their week.  :)  The place didn't open until noon, so Bowen got super lucky.  He got to completely skip his nap and hang with the big boys for the afternoon.

My pictures are all a hot mess because these boys played.  And they played hard!  I don't think any of them were still for two solid hours.

It was a win-win for us all.  The boys had the best time and I got some major reading done on The Girl on the Train (a book review coming soon, but definitely a must-read!).



My friend, Andrea, blogged a super heart-felt post about praying for her kids.  It touched my heart.  I'm sure if you read it, it spoke to you as well.  If you missed one of my FAVORITE posts of the week, check it out HERE.



My #ootd yesterday was colorful fun, springy, and a new FAVORITE...
Polka Dot Cardigan-Exact here.
Fun Tank-Super cute option here.
White Tank-Exact tank here.
Jeans-Similar jeans here.
Sandals-Exact here.

Have a GREAT weekend!  XOXO


23 comments:

The Queen said...

Haha - red lipstick! Sounds like something my girls would do and then look at me and say, "Well, it's WASHable, Momma!" Too cute!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Listen, lipstick application is one of the first things I teach my kids...I'm so glad Ashby has mastered it :). And second, Smith had a BLAST at the trampoline park!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Haha!!! It was washable so hopefully it came right off. :)

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Ahhhh! Ashby is AWESOME at make-overs! And that polka dot cardi is so cute on you! Your entire outfit yesterday was so bright and fun!

Narci said...

Have I told you about the time that Luke did the same exact thing with a marker?? Haha! He'd probably be pretty embarassed now, but it was so funny! His application wasn't near as perfect as Asby's though! ;)

Erika Slaughter said...

Haha!! I know she got that gene from her mama. ;)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!!

thebusybrunette said...

We took my five-year-old to a similar trampoline park near where we live...and he was in seventh heaven! Now if only I could get something like that in our backyard to help tire him out - ha! Have a great weekend!
"The Busy Brunette"
http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com/

Erika Slaughter said...

No, I hadn't heard that story! I have no clue how she applied so well. She wasn't even looking in a mirror!

kimm atwood said...

Aren't the TB millers the best! Have a great weekend

Lori Boutelle said...

I'm pretty sure Ashby's lipstick application is better than mine! Haha! I LOVE the way you mixed those patterns - so cute & springy!! Have a great weekend :)

Grace said...

So Cute!! Have a great weekend Erika!

Erika Slaughter said...

I feel you! Our ride home was so quiet. They were exhausted!

Erika Slaughter said...

This is my reply to Narci. What happened? Ha! Don't know why it's way down here. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes!! I love them!

Erika Slaughter said...

I'm with you on the lipstick. Ha! Thank you! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

You too, Grace!

Brantlee said...

Just clicked over to your "claiming it" post. PLEASE tell me there is a picture of y'all driving your 4 wheelers to school! Awesome!

Donna said...

I'm still years away from having my own children but Andrea's post about praying for her children still brought tears to my eyes.

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

I'm loving that pink polka dot cardigan! Have a great weekend!

Elaine Welte said...

We loved the trampoline park when we went! I need to take the girls back soon! I LOVE your outfit and all the bright colors!!! Have a great weekend!

Kelsey Mann Peacock said...

That trampoline park looks so fun! Also, I'm loving that pink & white polka dot cardigan!

Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Goodbyebreadandcheese said...

LOVE that spring outfit. I might have to go get that pink cardigan now. I have a navy and white striped tank it would be perfect with. Thanks for the style inspiration!