Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday Favorites

Wahoo!!!  It's Friday!  Andrea, Narci, and I are joining forces to share our Friday Favorites!  We hope you'll join us.  I have "A Little Bit of Everything" for you this week.  ;)

These handsome boys of mine are a FAVORITE!!  This was us before preschool on Tuesday. 

My outfit was a little out of my normal comfort zone, but I loved it!  Details here...
Kimono:  Similar here.
Tank:  Here.
Jeans: Here.
Sandals: Here.
Necklace:  Here.




 Tuesday night was Nixon's Kindergarten Round-Up.  Nixon is ALL-BOY and a ball of energy.  To be honest, I didn't know what to expect.  I used to teach and know there are some kiddos that just can hardly sit still at the carpet.  You know the ones I'm talking about?  That bounce all around and shout out answers even after the teacher says, "Raise your hand before you shout it out!".  I think deep down there was a small part of me that was a little nervous he would be THAT kid!  During Round-Up we moved to all the kindergarten teachers' classrooms and they each had a little talk.  You guys!  I started tearing up in the middle of it.  Tab was laughing hysterically at me!  Nixon wasn't that kid at all!  He sat so quietly and listened.  I was so proud I started crying up!  Now, let's hope he does that ALL YEAR LONG! haha!  Definitely a FAVORITE moment!  Seeing my boy all grown-up!



These faces....oh my goodness!  On Wednesday, I took these two for haircuts.  I looked over and the stylist cutting Bowen's hair was getting ready to buzz his entire head!!  She had misunderstood me so he has a REALLY short hair cut for a while.  These two boys are my FAVORITES!!




We went over to Marla's house (my mother-in-law) on Wednesday for a late Cinco de Mayo dinner.  It was delish and she had it all decorated so cute for the occasion.  Marla has some skillz!!!  We're so thankful she lives so close.  Love these easy weeknight dinners and get togethers!  Well...easy for me because I show up and eat.  ha!  Probably not so easy for her. Thank you for spoiling us, Marla!!

I'm ALL about a taco bar!  Mexican food is for sure my FAVORITE!




There's still time for you to RSVP for our Rodan + Fields' business presentation.  If you want to learn more about this business and are local to McKinney, Texas, e-mail me and I'll give you all the details.  alittlebitofeverything83@yahoo.com

Or if you're in St. Louis and would like to learn more, one of my team members is hosting an event on May 13th.  E-mail me if you'd like more information and I'll get you connected to the right girls.  

The winner of my FREE REGIMEN is Stephanie Hahn.  Stephanie, I'll be e-mailing you soon!



Last night after dinner we took the kiddos to the driving range.  The picture on the right looks legit, right?  I think the pictures on the left show that they're newbies!  hahaha!

This is how Bowen and I felt about being outside when it started raining!!!  FAVORITE family moment!  :)



I must give a Happy Mother's Day shout-out to my mom!!!  She is the best!  She has been the best example to me on this motherhood adventure.  She's my biggest cheerleader and I could not do it without her.  Love you, Mom!!  This was us last year (with my cute sis-in-law, Kelly) on Mother's Day.  We celebrated big at Disney World.  This year I have church, brunch, and a nap on my agenda.  :) Happy Mother's Day to all you mamas out there!  I hope you're spoiled rotten!  And...I'll be thinking about all you ladies praying daily about getting to become moms.  You're on my heart all the time!  

Have a GREAT weekend, ladies!

18 comments:

Meg Hodges said...

OMGosh!!!! I totally know how you feel about your kid being "that kid" in school!!! I use to teach too, and my two and a half year old little girl is CRAZY!! She's really smart, sweet, and kind-but man is she wild! I'm constantly saying; "slow down," "be careful," "gentle loving," and "hold still!!!" I worry about her and when she starts school (she starts preschool in September). So, thank you for sharing how awesome Nixon was at his round up! It gives me hope!! Haha!

kimm atwood said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Mix and Match Mama said...

I'm super jealous of your Mexican feast! And I love, love, love the first pic of you and your boys :).

Narci said...

Nixon is going to do great in Kinder!! Also, that top is darling on you!! Love!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Don't worry, Mama!!! I bet she'll surprise you. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Next year you guys should come!! Marla loves a party! The more, the merrier. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Thanks girl! I just had a super proud mom moment mixed in with a little relief. Haha!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

So proud of Nixon!!!!! And Bowen's hair? OH MY SHORT! He's so cute!

Megan Steele said...

love that outfit! I've been eyeing that pendant necklace for a long time! Might be time to finally splurge!

Liz F. said...

Am so glad Nixon did well at the Kindergarten event & let me say as my husband will attest, I get super emotional in public settings as well. My daughter is only seven months old so church is my usual trigger. A couple weeks ago my husband shook his head as we were leaving church as I had big fat tears rolling down my cheeks because some of the Sunday school artwork had set me off! And as I said, my daughter is a baby, so not my child's art! Owning it!

Anonymous said...

When will you indulge us in a tour of Martha's home?!!

Katy Worthen said...

I am with you on the kindergarten round up. My daughter starts in August and I get sooooo emotional thinking about her going all day!! But so excited to see her learn and branch out.

Grace said...

You might have been out of your comfort zone on that outfit but you sure did look darling in it! So excited for Nixon to start kinder with Smith!!

Ansleighsmom said...

omg I am so excited I never win anything!! Thank u so much!! happy mother's day to you!

Love,
Stephanie

mel @ the larson lingo said...

I have that Stella + Dot necklace & I wear it 2-3 times a week! Love it! And, love your TB sandals!
Thanks for hosting the link up. Have a great Mothers Day!

Laci Murray said...

I love the out of your comfort zone outfit! I completely understand having "that kid" and then they show you at school they are going to be good after all. Shew! Big sigh of relief. There is hope, hallelujah! :) happy Mother's Day!

Mattie @ Northwest Native said...

Love the kimono trend! I've never actually found one and tried it on though, so I'm not sure it'd work on me. And Mexican food is my absolute favorite too!