Monday, May 11, 2015

Our Mother's Day Weekend

Friday:
We started off our weekend after kindergarten pick-up at the park.  It was hot and humid, but I don't even think these crazies noticed.

These boy has a super fun and crazy personality.

How is this little girl almost finished with kindergarten?!

Sister wanted an action picture of her on the slide.

Super blurry!!!  Friday night Tab and I had a sweet friend's birthday party in Dallas at Javier's.  We'd been one other time and I think that place would be my last meal in prison.  Let's hope it never comes to that, but just in case, I know what I'd want!  :)

This happened pretty much the entire way there and back.

We got in the car at 10:22 to head home!!  What?!  Our reservations were at 7:00 and by the time everyone arrived and chatted, we probably didn't eat dinner until 8:30.  I felt super cool considering my normal meal time ranges from 5:30 to 6:00.  ha!


 Saturday:
My family did the best job spoiling me.  Tab made a big delicious breakfast.  It did this outside...

for most of the day.  So tee-ball was cancelled.

Then Marla, Ebby Lee, and I headed out for a little shopping and a trip to the nail salon.  We enjoyed our Mother's Day manicures and pedicures.  I stepped outside of my OPI or Essie comfort zone and I LOVE the color.  We ended the night at Gary and Marla's with the boys doing a little grilling for dinner.



Sunday:
After church, I enjoyed lunch with my people.   These people make my heart so happy.   More of this happened...

The big kiddos watched a movie, Tab enjoyed golf, and Bowen and I snuggled up for the best afternoon nap ever!
Just the way I'd want to spend my Mother's Day weekend.  A lazy weekend with my people.  

Hope you had a fabulous weekend as well!

23 comments:

Narci said...

That picture of your family at the end is just so sweet!! Love! Glad you had a great weekend! :)

Mix and Match Mama said...

That is the sweetest picture of Nixon at the beginning of this post! So happy you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

kimm atwood said...

So glad you had a nice weekend !!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Yes! I had the BEST NAP EVER IN THE HISTORY OF NAPS yesterday! Cute pics of the kids!

Laurie S said...

Erika-sounds like a wonderful weekend. I am so very jealous of the rain your area is getting - please send it to California. We are in a serious drought. Mandatory water usage reduction of at least 25%. Please pray for rain!

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

What a great weekend you guys had! And just curious, do you know where your mother-in-law got that short? I LOVE it!

Elaine Welte said...

That MJ dress on Ebby Lee (in the last photo) is gorgeous!!!!! Glad you had a great weekend!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

I'm pretty sure it was from Chico's. :) Thank you!!

Erika Slaughter said...

I wish I could send you some. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Wahoo!!!

Erika Slaughter said...

You too, girl!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!!

Slightly Askew Designs said...

Her gladiator sandals are PERFECTION!!! Glad y'all had such a great weekend :)

Kelsey Mann Peacock said...

Sounds like a super fun & relaxed weekend!

thebusybrunette said...

Erika,
Any weekend with a mani and pedi is a good one in my book! Really, though, looks like you had a fun weekend with your family. Happy belated Mom's Day!
"The Busy Brunette"
http://thebusybrunette.blogspot.com/

Erika Slaughter said...

I knew you would be a fan of those sandals. ;)

Erika Slaughter said...

It was! Thanks, Kelsey!

Erika Slaughter said...

So true! I completely agree!

Caroline {Virginia Sweet} said...

Oh wow!! What a fun weekend even with the rain!

Queen In Between said...

We were in Fort worth this weekend and it was a mess! Love your little family picture. Glad you had a great Mother's Day weekend.

Elise @ Cheers Yall said...

Love that polish color. And rainy day snuggles are the best snuggles! Happy belated Mother's Day to a mama who inspires me so!:)
xx