Monday, June 1, 2015

A Weekend Recap

We had the best weekend!  Doing nothing crazy big and fun, but just enjoying the weather and each other!

Friday was supposed to be Field Day for Ebby Lee, but it was changed to Pajama and Movie Day.  This girl was SO pumped about getting to watch a movie in the gym.

Smith invited Nix over for a playdate, so Bowen and I tagged along with Tab.  He had to drop something off in Arlington and then he took us to lunch in Dallas.  We hit up a little seafood place and had delicious shrimp po-boys.

My parents arrived on Friday afternoon in hopes of seeing Nixon play tee-ball, but that didn't happen.  Bruce is the handiest person I know, so he helped us get a couple of things done around the house.  First on the list...change the light bulbs in the living room.  All the kiddos had to try out that crazy tall ladder.  This was as far as Bowen got.  haha!  I don't blame him one bit.  #afraidofheights #hegetsitfromhismama

Nixon's turn.

And...Ebby Lee's turn.

On Saturday we went to Nebraska Furniture Mart (again..haha) to show the grandparents around.  M joined us for the trip and Nixon decided to make the weirdest face ever.

I saw these two chalkboards in the cute little kitchen area.  Wouldn't these be cute in a kitchen with a big chalkboard??

 Afterwards we hit up the pool for our first swim of the season.  Well for 2/5 of us.  It was a cool windy cloudy day, so just the big kids were brave enough to get in.  Let me put it this way...I watched them in pants!

We had taco salads and guacamole for dinner.  I could eat guacamole for every meal.  This is the recipe we use.  After all it is named after Tab.  :)

Sunday after church we had lunch with the grandparents.  This was after chocolate cake, so everyone was all smiles.

Then 4/5 of us got in the water.  We had the best sunshine-y day.  The kids all go to swim lessons next week.  Mrs. Sally is going to rock Bowen's world.  I asked him what he would do if Mrs. Sally tells him to get his eyes wet.  He said, "I'll just tell her I don't want to".  haha!  That's not exactly how Mrs. Sally rolls.  :)

We had a quick dinner and then Tab took the big kids to play a couple holes on the golf course.  I walked by and caught them out there.  Can you spot them?

They'd only been gone for about twenty-five minutes, but Nixon was already shoe-less (because he stepped in the muddy water and homeboy does NOT do wet shoes).  He begged me to walk him home.

The perfect little ending to a great weekend!

And I finally downloaded Nixon's tee-ball picture.  Love that he's trying to look all tough.  

Happy Monday, Girls!!  We're looking forward to a great week before SUMMER OFFICIALLY STARTS ON FRIDAY!

23 comments:

kimm atwood said...

Olivia has those same pajamas from Gymboree! Hopefully you guys stay rain free for a while !

Mix and Match Mama said...

Those ladder pictures made me nervous! I do not enjoy climbing a ladder and that one was so tall! Who climbed up to change the light bulbs? Bruce? That guys is a superhero in my book!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

EL looks soooo old! And that picture of Nix is too cute! I hope the pool is ready for us. p.s. I should be praying for Bowen and Miss Sally. :)

Sarah Shaneyfelt said...

I know y'all are so ready for summer to start and for the weather to stay warm and beautiful! I live in Alabama and it seems like we've been getting the rain that y'all had. Hopefully it'll go away soon!

Julie said...

Any chance of a Marla home tour? Every time there is a little peek it looks beautiful. She has to have amazing style! Have a wonderful start of summer!

live compassionately said...

Ebby Lee looks so old in the first picture! I have heard good things about Nebraska Furniture Mart - do you like it better than IKEA? I have never been to either place & want to visit both now! Haha :)

cmcdonald said...

Omg. Thank goodness yall made it out alive from Nebraska Furtniture Mart Saturday! The bestie was in town from Midland and we went by and saw the parking lot and turned around. We decided everyone in the area was at Jimmy Buffet, Nebraska Furniture Mart or Kendra Scott. Hahaha! Looks like yall had a fun weekend!!!

Kelsey Mann Peacock said...

Looks like you all had a fun weekend! I agree with Nixon...wet shoes and I are just not going to happen :)

Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahaha! You and Nix would be the perfect pair!

Erika Slaughter said...

We were there about 10:30 and it wasn't too bad.

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes!! It's better quality (and pricier than IKEA). You should check them both out asap!

Erika Slaughter said...

Yes!!! I'm doing it this summer!!

Erika Slaughter said...

That rain has made us appreciate the hot sunny days even more. Hope you see sunshine soon!!

Erika Slaughter said...

Hahaha!!! Yes, you should! :)

Erika Slaughter said...

Me neither-just watching made me a nervous wreck!!

Erika Slaughter said...

It was time for new pjs at our house!

My Bella said...

Such a fun weekend! The pics at Nebraska Furniture Mart make me laugh, we live in Omaha where the original one is, so not such a tourist attraction to me!!

Anonymous said...

Where is your livingroom rug from?
Jamie.brewer@yahoo.com

Narci said...

What a fun weekend!! Glad y'all had a grey time with your parents!! Xoxo :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I'm sure the hype will die down soon but for now-we shop. :)

Erika Slaughter said...

I got it at Lowe's a while back on super sale.

Erika Slaughter said...

Thank you!!

crazymom said...

Love reading your blog. Such a cute little family. Thanks for sharing!